Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Updated Handbook Unhappy Parent
lovemydaycare0912 07:53 PM 12-01-2015
Okay this is vent/looking for advice even though I know what I want to do.

I have been operating my daycare alongside my husband since Feb 2015. I had a family who I knew because I was the child's teacher in a daycare center last year. As soon as she knew I was opening a daycare, she told me her son would be my first child,etc. I have been more than generous with this family as they have helped me tremendously. Kind of like you scratch my back I scratch yours.

Anyways, updates in my handbook that concern her are:
I added vacation. 1 paid, another possible but unpaid.
Gave 3-4 weeks notice that on Christmas Eve and New Years eve instead of closing at 3pm I would close at 1pm. Usual closing time is 6pm.
I have personal days as well but I don't use them. This year I had 5, but only used 1 because my husband was in the emergency room.

Overall, I'm not taking out my vacations. I gave her 1 week free tuition next year, and 1 week 50% off. So she can use the money she saves from that to use when we go on vacation. We need it. We were only closed major holidays this year and that 1 day we were in the hospital. We do not want to get burned out. She either gets with it, and if this no longer fits her family, she is more than welcome to look elsewhere for care.

My personal days are staying because I want them there just in case something happens. I don't just close just because, even though I can because I have it in my handbook.

Also, she says I didn't give her enough time to change my closing time for Christmas Eve and New Years eve. It's only a 2 hour change. It isn't fair for other families that will listen to the 1pm closing and for me to take him until 3pm.

Am I wrong? Because I don't think I am. Thanks and sorry for the long post!!
Tags:handbook - revisions, handbook update notice
Up