Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Gonna Be One of Those Days
lovemykidstoo 07:28 AM 11-19-2018
So one of my moms loaned me a full size swing. She's taking it home today, so I was pulling it into the living room to take it apart, tripped over a toy as I was walking backwards with it, fell backwards, took out a kid and ended up laying flat on my back on top of the duplo legos. Poor Junior went falling to my right, so here I am laying flat for a minute, he's crying. ugh!
sharlan 07:32 AM 11-19-2018
I hope you're both ok.

Not a good way to start the day.
Gemma 08:27 AM 11-19-2018
I hope it's nothing more than a hug can fix
Hope your day gets better
Rockgirl 08:42 AM 11-19-2018
Hope your day improves!
DaveA 10:54 AM 11-19-2018
OUCH! Hope your day improves!
lovemykidstoo 12:26 PM 11-19-2018
Thank you! If I would have been a foot further I would have smashed my head against the coffee table. Thankfully it's mainly my back where I ended up on the legos
Pandaluver21 08:51 PM 11-19-2018
I had my foot fall asleep once, tried to take a step and landed face first (ironically, also on legos) Didn't take any kids out, but I may have traumatized them lol. One little boy came and hugged me and started crying. Wouldn't leave my side the rest of the day.
lovemykidstoo 05:46 AM 11-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I had my foot fall asleep once, tried to take a step and landed face first (ironically, also on legos) Didn't take any kids out, but I may have traumatized them lol. One little boy came and hugged me and started crying. Wouldn't leave my side the rest of the day.
Awww that's cute he wouldn't leave your side!
Ariana 06:15 AM 11-20-2018
I sometimes wonder what would happen if something really serious happened to me during daycare! I fell down the stairs a few months ago and really injured my arm. Luckily I didn’t hit my head on anything and because my stairs have a landing I only slid down 5 stairs. I really scared the poop out of the kids because I was really hurt and could not hide it!
lovemykidstoo 11:37 AM 11-20-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I sometimes wonder what would happen if something really serious happened to me during daycare! I fell down the stairs a few months ago and really injured my arm. Luckily I didn’t hit my head on anything and because my stairs have a landing I only slid down 5 stairs. I really scared the poop out of the kids because I was really hurt and could not hide it!
I know! Most of mine or little little so I would lay there until pickup probably.
Unregistered 05:17 PM 11-20-2018
I once tripped over a child and caught the corner of the wall with my forhead and opened up a two inch gash. blood streaming everywhere, kids crying and my own grandson yelling Lookout !!!! Grammas a zombie!!!!!! Had to call my hubby to come home and watch kids until the parents could come , Not easy since two were a 12 shift nurse and the other a 12 hour cop. But they all came quick and My hubby was able to drive me to the hospital. 16 stitches later and an adjustment of Bangs and you'd never know it had happened. Not even a bruise. Wierd.
lovemykidstoo 04:40 AM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I once tripped over a child and caught the corner of the wall with my forhead and opened up a two inch gash. blood streaming everywhere, kids crying and my own grandson yelling Lookout !!!! Grammas a zombie!!!!!! Had to call my hubby to come home and watch kids until the parents could come , Not easy since two were a 12 shift nurse and the other a 12 hour cop. But they all came quick and My hubby was able to drive me to the hospital. 16 stitches later and an adjustment of Bangs and you'd never know it had happened. Not even a bruise. Wierd.
OMG! That is horrible! That's a lot of stitches! Good thing it didn't knock you out. LOL at your grandson's comment though
Pestle 06:07 AM 11-21-2018
I trebucheted a kid face-first into a corner a couple of weeks ago. I had a kid with a poop explosion and he came running into the bathroom to pick up the kid's poop-covered pants and I lunged to block him but instead took him right out. Brutal.

(The following day, I knocked a friend's barbecue tray off the restaurant table, lunged to catch it, managed to hook the edge of the tray and pull it back onto the table, but I sank my index finger ALL THE WAY into his mashed potatoes in the process, gasped in horror, and lodged a wad of cornbread down my throat and almost died. Smooooooth.)

Right now the kid I flung into the wall is sitting in a chair screaming as loudly as he can, because he picked up a heavy object, dropped it, I said "Oh!" in surprise at the loud sound, and my "Oh!" apparently offended his sensibilities because he went on a furniture-flipping rampage.

Also I had a migraine from 3am to 9am and it's just now going away and I'd like to be unconscious, please.
Tags:monday blues
Reply Up