Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pending License Background Check
mekissweet 06:08 PM 10-22-2007
I am currently pending my child care license. i have submitted my papaer work requesting a child homecare license. both me and my fiance have done are finger print process and the medical tb portion. now my status is pending the license department is requesting me to give a copy of my criminal back round check, i am at a lost i have no idea as to how to begin to request a copy of this. if you have any suggestions please advise me.
Jonathan 11:58 PM 10-22-2007
I think your local DMZ would suffice. You did not say what state you are in. Here are the Texas standards:

For All Residential Operations:

Child-care operations must request a background check on all employees, including all employees intended to be hired, who will provide direct care or have direct access to a child in care.
All residential child-care operations must request background checks on-linethrough the DFPS website.
All child-care operations must include a person’s driver’s license number or state-issued ID number with the required identifying information submitted to conduct a background check.
Residential child-care operation must submit a background check request on a person before he or sheprovides direct care or has direct access to a child in the operation.
If a residential operation does not receive the results of a background check on a person who provides direct care or has direct access to a child in care within two days, the operation may obtain its own criminal history check through the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and if the DPS check verifies no criminal history, the operation may allow the person unsupervised client access until it receives the results of the DFPS background check.
DFPS will provide the operation requesting the background check with information in our records regarding the person’s previous employment history in child-care.

For Child Day Care Operations:

New §745.615 clarifies that a child-care operation must request a background check on all employees, including all employees intended to be hired, who will provide direct care or have direct access to a child in care.
Child day care operations can request background checks on-line or by submitting a paper request.
Amendment to §745.623 also adds a requirement that all child-care operations must include a person’s driver’s license number or state-issued ID number with the required identifying information submitted to conduct a background check.
Amendment to §745.631 adds licensed child-care homes to the list of operations that cannot be issued a permit until DFPS receives the results of the applicant’s background check.
New §745.637 states that DFPS will provide the operation requesting the background check with information in our records regarding the person’s previous employment history in child-care.
Michael 12:04 AM 10-23-2007
Criminal-record check: local police department (it costs about $20)

Court-record checks: Criminal history information and civil records are public information.

Department of Motor Vehicles check: usually in the $5 to $15 range

Social Security Number trace: some online firms do it for under $20
mekissweet 07:04 AM 10-25-2007
Hi thanks for replying i am in the state of california. when i was 18 i got in troble for getting a id in my sisters name. and i put that on my paper work i submitted to the license department . they are now wanting me to provide a copy of my criminal report to them. i have no idea as to how i can get a copy of this i do not even no how to begin this is the only thing holding up my process..
Unregistered 08:09 PM 10-25-2007
I think the message above gives you some choices. Try going to the DMV or police department.
MB2009 07:02 PM 01-08-2016
Go to the police department and request a copy of the police report. I also live in California and it is $5 to get a copy of a police report. If they will not give it to you for some reason they will give you a letter saying so [free]. I was not allowed to get the police report I needed and received a letter explaining the reason they would not release it to me and on the letter it further explains how the requesting agency can acquire a copy of the report.

Hope that helps.
Rockgirl 07:25 AM 01-09-2016
I'm guessing she figured this out back in 2007, when she posted this!
Tags:background check
Reply Up