Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Contract Is Over, Can You Charge Late Payment Fee?
legomom922 12:35 PM 11-08-2010
So after you have termed a child, and the parents have not paid you yet, technically the contract is now over and no longer exists, right? So if my contract said that there is a late payment fee of $10/day, can I leagally still charge that? Or because the contract is over, does that mean I can no longer charge the late payment fee?
missnikki 12:48 PM 11-08-2010
The contract is no longer. But the balance is for work done while the contract was valid, right?

When I cancel cell phone service, I don't get out of late fees if I don't pay the final bill.

Late fees apply as long as you aren't paid for services rendered. I give a 14 day notice in writing with late fees attached, then I go all small claims on them.
misol 07:11 PM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by missnikki:
The contract is no longer. But the balance is for work done while the contract was valid, right?

When I cancel cell phone service, I don't get out of late fees if I don't pay the final bill.

Late fees apply as long as you aren't paid for services rendered. I give a 14 day notice in writing with late fees attached, then I go all small claims on them.

Great example missnikki.
Tags:late payment
Reply Up