Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>All My Hard Work Shot To Heck In Three Days...
cheerfuldom 03:16 PM 04-28-2011
the drama with my departing DCM and DCG continues. So tomorrow is the last day. This girl was not supposed to be back at all the last two weeks but she has been seven out of ten days. She was home with mama only three days. She came back with the biggest attitude and is just testing every single rule all day long. I had her all trained and I just can't believe the change in just three days at home! She's climbing all over the place, fighting, following my older daughter around and slapping at her/pulling clothes/irritating her, screeching, throwing toys, refusing to eat, teasing kids with toys and then screaming "mine". Between the assistant and I and the other kids, someone is constantly telling her to stop. These last two weeks have been harder than all several previous months combined! And this the mom that wants to start her own daycare soon. oy. I am almost positive the mom will call next week for drop in care and the answer is hell to the no. Totally not worth it even though technically I could do. I am almost 38 weeks pregnant and I am not going to be pulling this kid down from places and off people for any amount of money. Shes singlehandedly ruining the peaceful environment we had here and I am just appalled at the change in a few short days. She's also being sent in diapers and having accidents here when I had her completely day trained for weeks! She skipped her nap today which is unheard of. AND mom asked again today if I could get together and talk about her doing daycare from her home. ahhhhh!
daycare 04:10 PM 04-28-2011
isnt it amazing what can happen in such little time...

this is the reason I want to work with parents who are on board with my rules and schedule.

I also saw a lot of other providers ask why we ask the parents to start the potty training at home.... This right here....

All of your hard work and efforts will be undone in just a weekeend...

sorry you had to go thorugh all of that while being pregnant... I hope you get a break soon..
morgan24 04:33 PM 04-28-2011
It is amazing how fast they get ruined. Thankfully tomorrow is the last day. When she asks about meeting to talk about her starting her own daycare I would keep putting her off until she gets the hint. In a couple of weeks that will be so true when your baby arrives. Hopefully tomorrow goes quick.
Tags:attitude, bad behavior, climbers, fighting, rules, short timer syndrome
Reply Up