Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newbie questions
Unregistered 08:17 PM 08-05-2012
Hello!

I'm starting up my own in-home daycare program and I have a couple of questions.

One thing I would really like to do is the occasional "field trip" or trips to the park or beach during nice weather. I would be operating this business by myself and I'm terrified of watching multiple children (including my two own) in the great outdoors. I've looked up a few other in-home daycares that seem to operate with one individual, and they all have photo galleries of numerous outdoor outings. How do you ladies handle this? How do you keep a close eye on all those children by yourself? My greatest fear is a child running off or getting lost!

Also, most competition in my area seems to have a bachelor's degree in childhood education. I do not. I was a full-time babysitter for over six years, teacher's aid for second graders for two years, studied elementary education at a community college for two years (no degree) and am also a loving Mom of two (2 1/2 and a newborn). Do you think my lack of degree will effect my business? Should my rates be significantly lower because of this? I don't want to low ball myself because I feel very qualified to be an in-home provider, but I'm not sure how important having a degree is.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Up