Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Horrible News
Bookworm 01:39 PM 01-15-2014
This morning, my center went on lockdown because of a shooting in the neighborhood. We had no other information so naturally we were scared. The crime scene is directly behind the center. So close that we can look out our window into theirs. As the morning went on, we found out it was a murder-suicide. A family, mom, dad and 2 kids. The kids were about 3 and 1 yrs old. There were no dry eyes today. Around 2 pm, we learned it was a former family of my center and that they had been dead for possibly 2 days. What really crushed me was that I posted about this family on a "Crazy Request" thread. I feel horrible about this. This is the second time something like this has happened to a former family. The world is just crazy. Can somebody stop it so I can get off.
SilverSabre25 01:41 PM 01-15-2014
((hugs)) how tragic

The world really is crazy. I was just posting elsewhere about the world being crazy. It really is, it's scary and unimaginably insane. (But I wouldn't feel bad posting about them on a Crazy Request thread; that's totally separate from what happened now. Life is life)
mountainside13 01:57 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
This morning, my center went on lockdown because of a shooting in the neighborhood. We had no other information so naturally we were scared. The crime scene is directly behind the center. So close that we can look out our window into theirs. As the morning went on, we found out it was a murder-suicide. A family, mom, dad and 2 kids. The kids were about 3 and 1 yrs old. There were no dry eyes today. Around 2 pm, we learned it was a former family of my center and that they had been dead for possibly 2 days. What really crushed me was that I posted about this family on a "Crazy Request" thread. I feel horrible about this. This is the second time something like this has happened to a former family. The world is just crazy. Can somebody stop it so I can get off.
That's tragic.
Blackcat31 01:59 PM 01-15-2014
((((hugs)))) I am so sorry. Hopefully, none of your DCK's are directly affected by any of this.

Parents talking about it and kids overhearing it...kwim?

Michael 02:01 PM 01-15-2014
Too bad. I wonder what happened? We had a family a few years ago that ended up as a suicide/murder in the area. The father was having financial issues and the he decided to take the whole family with him.
Bookworm 02:06 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
((((hugs)))) I am so sorry. Hopefully, none of your DCK's are directly affected by any of this.

Parents talking about it and kids overhearing it...kwim?

Thanx ladies. The kids don't know what is going on. We had parents calling all day to check on us and make sure there was no danger. As far as my comment, we know it wasn't mean spirited at all. It's just the shock of what happened and the memories we were talking about at work that hit me so hard. Please pray for Dad's mother because she was the one who found them this morning.
mama0609 02:19 PM 01-15-2014
Oh my gosh, how scary and sad! Just terrible.
Josiegirl 04:27 PM 01-15-2014
That's horrible. So terribly sad. I don't ever remember hearing about things like that happening this often. We've had a couple murder-suicides in our small town, no kids involved, thank God, but it's so tragic and senseless.
I'll be thinking of that poor mom who found them, she must be beyond devastated.
MyAngels 05:18 PM 01-15-2014
How awful and sad. ((((Hugs))))
Lucy 05:27 PM 01-15-2014
http://www.wistv.com/story/24456030/...mo-subdivision
Bookworm 05:28 PM 01-15-2014
Thanx for posting the link, Lucy. Thanx again Ladies for your prayers.
Tags:death, tragedy
Reply Up