Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pregnancy- When to Tell Parents
tweedledeedum 11:54 AM 11-01-2011
If you have been pregnant while doing daycare, when did you tell the dcps? I am in Canada, so I will be closing for at least a year. I am now coming up to three months and I'm not sure how much longer I can hide it!
Cat Herder 12:11 PM 11-01-2011
I told during my third month both times.

Congrats!!
KEG123 12:32 PM 11-01-2011
12 weeks due to a prior loss.
wdmmom 12:47 PM 11-01-2011
I wouldn't tell until 16-20 weeks.

But, if you are planning to close for a year, I would hide it as long as possible. The earlier you tell, the more likely they are to leave before you actually intend to close.
Abigail 09:31 PM 11-01-2011
Why are you closing for a year? Does Canada offer a one-year paid maternity leave for daycare providers?
Maddy'sMommy 06:33 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Why are you closing for a year? Does Canada offer a one-year paid maternity leave for daycare providers?
I'm not sure if the OP is doing this, but in Canada self-employed people can access employment insurance benefits (i.e maternal and parental benefits) if they register and pay the appropriate premiums. That would allow you to take the 15 weeks maternal benefits, and the 35 weeks of parental benefits at 55% of your previous years income.
KEG123 08:00 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Maddy'sMommy:
I'm not sure if the OP is doing this, but in Canada self-employed people can access employment insurance benefits (i.e maternal and parental benefits) if they register and pay the appropriate premiums. That would allow you to take the 15 weeks maternal benefits, and the 35 weeks of parental benefits at 55% of your previous years income.
That would be nice...
tweedledeedum 09:02 AM 11-02-2011
Yes, I have opted into the self employment insurance benefits. The premiums are so low (I think the max is something like $700/yr), and I will earn 55% of my income for the year.
Maddy'sMommy 09:27 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by tweedledeedum:
Yes, I have opted into the self employment insurance benefits. The premiums are so low (I think the max is something like $700/yr), and I will earn 55% of my income for the year.
Good, it's nice to know someone who has done it. I plan on registering too, because I want to have my 2nd child sometime in 2013, and I know you have to wait 12 months before making a claim.
Cat Herder 09:35 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by tweedledeedum:
I pay more than that just for Auto Insurance.
tweedledeedum 10:10 AM 11-02-2011
Good, it's nice to know someone who has done it. I plan on registering too, because I want to have my 2nd child sometime in 2013, and I know you have to wait 12 months before making a claim.
-
I know there are others on here that have used these benefits too. As long as you earn more than 7k for the previous year, pay the premium and opt in (I opted in last april, baby due this may) there should be no problems. I'm so glad they added these benefits.
Tags:parent notification, pregnancy, pregnancy - parent notification
Reply Up