Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bulletin Boards
2ndFamilyDC 05:18 AM 10-24-2011
So those of you that have bulletin boards in your dc area, what do you use to hold posters and things on their in lieu of push pins?

I have been trying to find some kind of product to use and not having very good luck getting anything to stick.

Suggestions please!
sharlan 05:37 AM 10-24-2011
I use these with great luck. I have them all over my house. One word of caution, though. Make sure you "pull" the strip when taking them off. I didn't a couple of weeks ago and pull 2 big chunks of drywall off the wall.

http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M...mmand/Command/
2ndFamilyDC 05:39 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I use these with great luck. I have them all over my house. One word of caution, though. Make sure you "pull" the strip when taking them off. I didn't a couple of weeks ago and pull 2 big chunks of drywall off the wall.

Thank you, I will pick some of those up tonight.

I was just afraid of pulling chunks of the cork off.
Country Kids 06:45 AM 10-24-2011
You could also staple things on to it. I staple everything up even on my walls. Doesn't leave big holes and holds wonderfully.
2ndFamilyDC 06:47 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
You could also staple things on to it. I staple everything up even on my walls. Doesn't leave big holes and holds wonderfully.
another very good idea, thank you.
Unregistered 07:51 AM 10-24-2011

I don't like these. I pulled out chunks of my wall with these, they don't work as well as they say they do. I do like them for stuff I am not going to move around.

I too am looking for something to post up stuff on my bulletin board with. I change it around every month so, I need something that can move with me. I use the tacky clay for my posters that don't get moved often. Staples are just as bad as the push pins. I do use these to put up my backgrounds, but I just make sure I vac real well. I use push pins too but if there was something better out there to use I would consider changing them.

I would like something safer but at the same time, common sense should be used. I don't feel anyone would put a push pin in the path of a baby hoping that it would be swallowed. Anyone in their right mind that is. Keep board away from play areas and watch the floors and kids.
Blackcat31 07:57 AM 10-24-2011
I staple everything.

Holds great and easily removable too.

When my bulletin board gets full off holes, I repaint and it is good as new again.
sharlan 09:00 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't like these. I pulled out chunks of my wall with these, they don't work as well as they say they do. I do like them for stuff I am not going to move around.

I too am looking for something to post up stuff on my bulletin board with. I change it around every month so, I need something that can move with me. I use the tacky clay for my posters that don't get moved often. Staples are just as bad as the push pins. I do use these to put up my backgrounds, but I just make sure I vac real well. I use push pins too but if there was something better out there to use I would consider changing them.

I would like something safer but at the same time, common sense should be used. I don't feel anyone would put a push pin in the path of a baby hoping that it would be swallowed. Anyone in their right mind that is. Keep board away from play areas and watch the floors and kids.
Read the thread about the daycare being closed because a baby choked to death on a push pin.

I have the 3M hooks throughout my house. I have only had one issue with them and that was a couple of weeks ago. I was in a hurry and yanked an air freshner off the wall rather than get a step stool and pull the tabs from the top. If I have to move something, I just use a new stip.
DaycareMama 09:23 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I staple everything.

Holds great and easily removable too.

When my bulletin board gets full off holes, I repaint and it is good as new again.
Do you use a regular wall as a bulletin board? I do, and I want to staple everything but wondered what would happen over time? Oh wait is it you that uses that cool other stuff that rolls out (?) I put it on my "wish list" is kinda like a cork board...Darn now I forget the name of that stuff
Blackcat31 09:29 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
Do you use a regular wall as a bulletin board? I do, and I want to staple everything but wondered what would happen over time? Oh wait is it you that uses that cool other stuff that rolls out (?) I put it on my "wish list" is kinda like a cork board...Darn now I forget the name of that stuff
I use sheets of homasote. It is a 6x8 foot sheet of fiber board stuff that functions as both a soundproofing material and as bulletin board material. It is paintable and durable.

Check out this thread. It explains everything...

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34820
DaycareMama 09:44 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I use sheets of homasote. It is a 6x8 foot sheet of fiber board stuff that functions as both a soundproofing material and as bulletin board material. It is paintable and durable.

Check out this thread. It explains everything...

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34820
Thats it!! thanks for the link again
kendallina 10:13 AM 10-24-2011

I use these every year for our stockings, as we don't have a mantel, and we've never had a problem. But, you're right, you HAVE to pull the tab all the way down so that you don't rip a chunk of wall out.
Unregistered 10:34 AM 10-24-2011
Read the thread about the daycare being closed because a baby choked to death on a push pin.

I have the 3M hooks throughout my house. I have only had one issue with them and that was a couple of weeks ago. I was in a hurry and yanked an air freshner off the wall rather than get a step stool and pull the tabs from the top. If I have to move something, I just use a new stip.
I did read it. Horrible. It could have happened at the local library or at the child's home.

My bulletin board is not in an area that the kids play, its in the entryway, and up high. I would use something else if it were available. I also vac, daily and several times.

This has heightened my awareness for being careful of such things, including toys that are small. I have thrown out a lot of my pretend food because it scares me as a choking hazard.
Reply Up