Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Accept Or Not
cheerfuldom 01:38 PM 08-31-2011
On of my part time parents has said they will be paying their usually amount while THEY are on vacation. This particular family is newer and the arrangement was that their child would be here 3 days a week but they do not pay when they are not here. I told the mom that that wasn't necessary but she insisted saying "I get a paid vacation, why shouldn't you still get paid too while I am gone?" shocker right? anyway, I am sort of guessing she offered this because her little one is a real pill a lot of the time but thats just my guess. I do have a line in my contract saying that no payment is ever refunded but I am worried that they are going to hold this gesture against me at a later date, you know? its a shame you just can't trust people but I am worried that accepting this will come back to bite me later. wdyt? btw, the amount is over $150 I think (haven't totalled it yet)
grandmom 01:40 PM 08-31-2011
We all deserve paid vacation. Say thank you to her for the gift in an email and keep a copy. She will be a pill even if you don't take the money.
wdmmom 02:24 PM 08-31-2011
I specifically have it worded like this:

All monies collected are for childcare services. Any payment above and beyond your normal weekly rate will be considered a gift or bonus and is excluded from any refund you may be eligible for when services cease.
Tags:vacation, vacation pay, vacation policy
Reply Up