Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>1099 Error?
Kabob 02:33 PM 01-30-2015
I received my 1099-Misc form from the state for CCAP payments received for 2014. However, I noticed that the payment total for 2014 is higher than my records. I looked and saw that they included a January 2, 2015 payment in the 2014 1099 form.

Is this right? I think they included that payment on the 2014 form because it is a payment for services provided in 2014....but I don't think it's right to include it because I didn't receive payment until 2015...

Hope that makes sense...this is my first time with this issue and it is confusing...
TomCopeland 02:53 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by Kabob:
I received my 1099-Misc form from the state for CCAP payments received for 2014. However, I noticed that the payment total for 2014 is higher than my records. I looked and saw that they included a January 2, 2015 payment in the 2014 1099 form.

Is this right? I think they included that payment on the 2014 form because it is a payment for services provided in 2014....but I don't think it's right to include it because I didn't receive payment until 2015...

Hope that makes sense...this is my first time with this issue and it is confusing...
This is a common problem. Your 1099 is sent to the IRS. If they see a different number on your tax return they may be tempted to audit you. I'd lump your CACFP reimbursements in with your parent fees (showing the actual amount received from CACFP, not what's on the 1099), so you can't tell by looking at your tax form that you didn't report all the 1099 as income.
Blackcat31 04:19 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by Kabob:

This happened to me a few years back.

I figured out that according to the state, the CCAP payment was "issued" on their end before the end of the year but I didn't receive the payment until Jan 1, so I thought it should go on that years taxes but after speaking with the woman in the accounting dept in our county, she pointed out the dates and how it said an earlier date in their end but the actually day I received the funds was the date I had recorded.

It made sense. I used the amount on the 1099 they gave me verses the amount I figured.

HTH
Kabob 04:10 AM 01-31-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This happened to me a few years back.

I figured out that according to the state, the CCAP payment was "issued" on their end before the end of the year but I didn't receive the payment until Jan 1, so I thought it should go on that years taxes but after speaking with the woman in the accounting dept in our county, she pointed out the dates and how it said an earlier date in their end but the actually day I received the funds was the date I had recorded.

It made sense. I used the amount on the 1099 they gave me verses the amount I figured.

HTH
I thought of that too but then I looked at the receipt they sent me for the January 2nd payment and it actually says on their receipt that they didn't issue the payment until the 2nd...so how they ended up with a different record is beyond me but it's super annoying.

I tried calling too but I guess it takes them a few days to get back...

In the meantime I guess I can lump it all together...I just don't like having to have goofy numbers in order to make it work...but I'd rather not get audited.
Reply Up