Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Toys
snowborden1 04:43 PM 02-20-2011
Hi,
I have a daycare with three boys of whom 2 are 20 months and 1 is 11 months. I am in search of some new toys for them. I don't like battery operated instant gratification toys but more open ended hands on toys. Any suggestions? We already have a ton of blocks, books, puzzles, balls, and ride ons. Thanks Ladies!
Michael 05:00 PM 02-20-2011
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!
ammama 05:10 PM 02-20-2011
Playsilks. This is my classic response to every question about 'what toys should I get?'. My dck's and kids ALL play with these every single day, in a multitude of ways. They are the most open ended toy there is, besides a stick They dress up in them, hang them over their heads like ghosts, lay them over baby dolls as blankets, tie them as slings, have picnic's on top of them, dance with them, play 'bull run' with the red one, pretend they are islands etc. Seriously, great toy

They are expensive, so I make my own. Dharma Trading has china silks (the 35" square are the most versitile) for cheap. I buy my dye from them as well, but most fabric dye's will work. The first time I dyed, I was nervous, but it's easy, and the kids don't really care if you don't dye evenly. For a set of 5 or 6, it costs me less than $25, and i'm in Canada.
blessed mom 06:20 PM 02-20-2011
Originally Posted by ammama:
Playsilks. This is my classic response to every question about 'what toys should I get?'. My dck's and kids ALL play with these every single day, in a multitude of ways. They are the most open ended toy there is, besides a stick They dress up in them, hang them over their heads like ghosts, lay them over baby dolls as blankets, tie them as slings, have picnic's on top of them, dance with them, play 'bull run' with the red one, pretend they are islands etc. Seriously, great toy

They are expensive, so I make my own. Dharma Trading has china silks (the 35" square are the most versitile) for cheap. I buy my dye from them as well, but most fabric dye's will work. The first time I dyed, I was nervous, but it's easy, and the kids don't really care if you don't dye evenly. For a set of 5 or 6, it costs me less than $25, and i'm in Canada.
Wow...I didn't even know what playsilks were until this post! Thanks for sharing! Great addition to child play!
DCMomOf3 06:34 PM 02-20-2011
Welcome! Little People are favorites as is my kitchen. The play silks would be a great addition.
snowborden1 08:47 PM 02-20-2011
Thank you for the welcome I can tell this will be a great place to be a part of!

Playsilks are a GREAT idea! Thanks! I am going to make some of these for my little ones! I found a page that explains how to dye them with kool aid. I am very excited about them
melskids 02:37 AM 02-21-2011
playsilks are great!!!

we also have bolts of fabric in different patterns and colors (like cheetah and zebra prints, etc.) they are also a favorite.

cardboard boxes too. seriously, they are THE favorite thing around here....lol

i just spent $500 on new toys and supplies. when the shipment came, they took everything out of the boxes and played with them. next time, i'm just going to order boxes
blessed mom 08:40 PM 02-23-2011
Boxes...a big hit no matter what the age. Just ask my hubby!
Tags:china silks, playsilks, toys, toys age appropriate
Reply Up