Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Style of Play
KIDZRMYBIZ 02:37 PM 06-25-2015
With my group of kids right now, they have a peculiar way of playing. I'm not sure when it started or who introduced it, but all of them from 2yo-5yo engage.

They start off with a toy, any toy, and proceed to "put on a show." It begins with demands of "watch me" or "watch this" to a friend or friends, and then they proceed to get pretty silly. The part that bothers me is that they toys are almost always crashing, fighting, or doomed to some ill fate, so the toys are getting pretty roughed over.

I am saying many times a day:

No crashing, bashing, throwing, dropping, or kicking the toys.

That toy is a _____. It is played with by _____. Treat it with respect.

You are not here to put on a show. Let your friends play with their toys and you play with yours.

This, too, shall pass...
Thriftylady 02:55 PM 06-25-2015
Sounds like they are after attention and it can come from each other. Kind of an "I want to be in the spotlight" kind of thing. Hopefully it doesn't last long.
daycarediva 03:40 PM 06-25-2015
I would PLAY THAT UP. NO TOYS THOUGH. Have them dress up. Make tickets. Sell the tickets. Put up a curtain, have a magic show, circus, concert, whatever they need.... but no toys.

Attention? Have at it. Mistreating toys? no way.
Thriftylady 03:42 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would PLAY THAT UP. NO TOYS THOUGH. Have them dress up. Make tickets. Sell the tickets. Put up a curtain, have a magic show, circus, concert, whatever they need.... but no toys.

Attention? Have at it. Mistreating toys? no way.
I like that!
Tags:respect, toys
Reply Up