Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Overnight Diaper
momofboys 07:14 AM 10-30-2012
I've read numerous posts on here & was always surprised about the number of parents who would send their child in the nighttime diaper until it happened to me! For two days now in the past 3-4 days child has been brought to me in what appear to be clean clothes but a huge/pee-filled diaper (one time the child soaked through within 5 min of being dropped off so I know the diaper had not been changed!). This has only happened 2x so would you say something or wait to see if it is a pattern & how do you tactfully say child needs to be changed before arrival? I would think it was common sense & these are educated parents!
crazydaycarelady 07:27 AM 10-30-2012
I would just mention that he leaked through right after he got to your house so could they please change him before they come. Afterall they are aupposed to want what's best for the child too.
momofboys 07:45 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I would just mention that he leaked through right after he got to your house so could they please change him before they come. Afterall they are aupposed to want what's best for the child too.
Okay, sounds good! I will write on daily paper - please make sure child has fresh diaper before coming to care - "Billy" has leaked through 2 times within minutes of being dropped off.
MN Mom 07:51 AM 10-30-2012
My dcb is like this. He's 3 and always leaks thru his diaper within minutes of being at my house. Parents do change him in the morning, but they don't give him time to sit on the potty like I do when he wakes up. They also give him bottles at night before bed and overnight in bed, and right away in the morning after his diaper is changed while he's in the car. Every day...within 10 min of being at my house his diaper is full and leaking. I don't know how old your dcb is, but it's perhaps a scenario like mine of too much liquids too soon?
littlemissmuffet 08:00 AM 10-30-2012
I say something, in person, immediately. "Hey Sue, little Johnny's been coming in his night diaper, can you please make sure he's in a fresh dipe every morning and ready for play! Thanks."

If it happens again, I say "Hey Sue, we already had a talk about this - please make sure Johhny's diaper is changed every morning before coming. It's so uncomfortable for them to be sitting in pee like that for so many hours..."

Then I check the diaper EVERY SINGLE MORNING while the parent is still there with you... and if he's in a wet diaper, "Hey Sue, Johnny's obviously in his night diaper again, here's a diaper and some wipes"... pass the responsibility back!
Blackcat31 08:09 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I say something, in person, immediately. "Hey Sue, little Johnny's been coming in his night diaper, can you please make sure he's in a fresh dipe every morning and ready for play! Thanks."

If it happens again, I say "Hey Sue, we already had a talk about this - please make sure Johhny's diaper is changed every morning before coming. It's so uncomfortable for them to be sitting in pee like that for so many hours..."

Then I check the diaper EVERY SINGLE MORNING while the parent is still there with you... and if he's in a wet diaper, "Hey Sue, Johnny's obviously in his night diaper again, here's a diaper and some wipes"... pass the responsibility back!
I agree with this.

Address it immediately and matter-of-factly. Just a quick "Hey Sue...." as stated above is all it takes.

Sometimes parents get busy and honestly I can convince myself I have already done something like changing someone because I have done it a million times so if the parent is generally a pretty good parent, I would just make a short mention of it and trust the issue will be resolved.

If it happens again after the verbal reminder then I would make a make a stronger point of it then.
Unregistered 10:44 AM 10-30-2012
Well I suppose they could always bring the kid in the last diaper you put on him the day before like I had happen here one time!!! I used to write the names on the front of the diapers if more than one had the same diapers. This particular day I went to change the poor kid since he was soaked and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the diaper with his name on it in MY handwriting!! Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!! He wore it from about 3:30 the one afternoon until 8 a.m. the next morning?? That's just sad...
littlemissmuffet 12:03 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Well I suppose they could always bring the kid in the last diaper you put on him the day before like I had happen here one time!!! I used to write the names on the front of the diapers if more than one had the same diapers. This particular day I went to change the poor kid since he was soaked and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the diaper with his name on it in MY handwriting!! Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!! He wore it from about 3:30 the one afternoon until 8 a.m. the next morning?? That's just sad...
WHAT??? That is maddening!! What did you do/say to the parent?? I would have called them as soon as I noticed and told them if something like this were to ever occur again that I would be calling CPS for neglect. Maybe the threat alone would smarten them up. How some people call theselves parent is just so beyond me.
countrymom 12:26 PM 10-30-2012
I got the "they pooped in the car ride here" well when you live 5 houses from mine, I really highly doubt it. So we started to check dcg when mom was here. She always checked before she came to the house and problem was fixed. Like I wouldn't realize the poop that was stuck to their bumm.
crazydaycarelady 01:38 PM 10-30-2012
Oh I get that too countrymom! They live 2 blocks from me! I cannot imagine a caring parent putting their kid into a carseat with poopy pants - but I guess they do!
Reply Up