Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Using DC-Supplied Formula
spinnymarie 10:58 AM 08-18-2014
I am doing really terribly at titles recently.

We have a new 4-mo-old. His parents were not concerned that we would not be providing the same formula that they use at home and opted for our cheap formula. They also don't have him on any kind of schedule at home.

However, the baby seems to HATE it. This is is first full day, but he has been here several half-days and just chewed on the bottle when offered. Since he was only here half a day, he wasn't that hungry anyway.

Today he screamed from 10 am to noon while I tried to feed him. He had last eaten at 7, said his mom, arrived at 7:45, napped from 8 - 10 and then screamed. He finally ate about 2 oz at noon and went back to sleep.

Is there a way to suggest that they provide formula? Anyone have a baby that got used to a different formula? This is his first daycare experience.
hope 11:01 AM 08-18-2014
Maybe ask them to supply enough to do half n half until he gets used to it.
melilley 11:03 AM 08-18-2014
I've always been told that if you switch formulas, to do it slowly, especially if it's a different "formula" -as in made differently. I would just tell mom that he doesn't seem to want the formula that you provide. Either they can send their formula that they use at home or they need to start using the same formula that you offer, at home, as well.
spinnymarie 11:04 AM 08-18-2014
Fabulous ideas, THANK YOU!
I honestly could not think of a single solution.
Must be a fried brain from the crying
SignMeUp 11:05 AM 08-18-2014
Maybe: Parents, I am concerned that Mason isn't taking his bottle here. Please bring me enough of his usual formula tomorrow so that we can determine if that is what the problem is. I will update you at the end of the day tomorrow. Thanks, Your Provider
CraftyMom 11:08 AM 08-18-2014
I would also mix it and gradually make it full strength cheap stuff.

I do the same when switching from formula to whole milk.
sharlan 04:03 PM 08-18-2014
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
I am doing really terribly at titles recently.

We have a new 4-mo-old. His parents were not concerned that we would not be providing the same formula that they use at home and opted for our cheap formula. They also don't have him on any kind of schedule at home.

However, the baby seems to HATE it. This is is first full day, but he has been here several half-days and just chewed on the bottle when offered. Since he was only here half a day, he wasn't that hungry anyway.

Today he screamed from 10 am to noon while I tried to feed him. He had last eaten at 7, said his mom, arrived at 7:45, napped from 8 - 10 and then screamed. He finally ate about 2 oz at noon and went back to sleep.

Is there a way to suggest that they provide formula? Anyone have a baby that got used to a different formula? This is his first daycare experience.
Is it possible that he isn't taking the bottle at home, either?
Tags:formula, infant feeding
Reply Up