Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Poop digger ! Yep!
DanceMom 09:19 AM 03-09-2015
Help!!

I have a two year old boy that will dig in his diaper when he poops and throws it all over the place. At nap I put him in backwards zipped up pajamas. Well today he did it all over my livingroom carpet and cabinets before nap when I was in the bathroom.

His hands were covereeeeed in it!!

This is the 4th time. Keep him in backwards pajamas all day everyday? Terminate! So disgusting!

I can't deal!
Blackcat31 09:24 AM 03-09-2015
two years old?

I'm sorry but at that age, I believe he knows better.

I'd term. I could NEVER deal with that.

Nap time is one thing but nope, not every time he poos.
Gemma 09:58 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
two years old?

I'm sorry but at that age, I believe he knows better.

I'd term. I could NEVER deal with that.

Nap time is one thing but nope, not every time he poos.

Baby Beluga 10:04 AM 03-09-2015
Gross!

What do the parents say?
MarinaVanessa 10:08 AM 03-09-2015
If it's all over the carpet then you have to weigh the time and cost of keeping this child with how much your income is for him. Every time he gets poop on surfaces and flooring you have to disinfect these and every time he gets poop on the carpet or upholstery you have to shampoo it for sanitary purposes so is it worth your trouble to keep him?

If you want to work on it talk to the parents and let them know that they need to bring him in zip up pajamas every day until you feel like he won't do it anymore. Give at least 2 weeks of nothing but zip ups and if you feel brave let him out and give it a try without the PJ's for a day. If he gets all grabby hands put him back in the PJ's. Unless it's super hot where you live having him in PJ's all day every day isn't going to hurt him. If it does get warm and if you or his parents have spare ones cut off the legs and arms so it's like a jumper or use those thinner ones ... or both. You already started with the backward PJ thing so keep at it until the behavior stops. GL!
DanceMom 10:17 AM 03-09-2015
He does it at home too. The parents say "well at least he doesn't like the feeling"

Really?

Their daughter did it when she was this age and we got into a HUGE blow out verbal fight in my kitchen. Because when I told her - her response then was "it happens" and I FREAKED.

Termed her right then and there but we sat and talked it out ....

Good advice about the cut off the pj's to keep him cooler in the warmer weather.

I will make them pay for a carpet cleaning.

This happened literally in a matter of seconds when I was in the bathroom.
deliberateliterate 10:36 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by DanceMom:
He does it at home too. The parents say "well at least he doesn't like the feeling"

Really?

Their daughter did it when she was this age and we got into a HUGE blow out verbal fight in my kitchen. Because when I told her - her response then was "it happens" and I FREAKED.

Termed her right then and there but we sat and talked it out ....

Good advice about the cut off the pj's to keep him cooler in the warmer weather.

I will make them pay for a carpet cleaning.

This happened literally in a matter of seconds when I was in the bathroom.

Nope, nope nope. I'm with BC, especially if the parents aren't on board with curbing it at home as well. I'd be terming, and I'm not a termer.
Reply Up