Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What to Do About Stomach Flu?
auntymimi 10:46 AM 03-21-2016
My children, myself,and some of my daycare kids were infected with vomitting bug in late Jan. Obviously everything was sanitized and we reopened. Since then, even through multiple bouts of sanitizing the house, a couple of my dmk seem to be getting reinfected. My family has not, but these few kids seem to be passing it back and forth. Is it even possible to pass this back and forth? Also, if dmk family Isn't sanitizing at home and brings kids back to my home does that make my hours of cleaning moot? These kids lately always seem sick! I feel like I'm constantly sending one or the other home. What do you guys do when the bug hits?
Thriftylady 10:49 AM 03-21-2016
Well from what I know they could be passing it back and forth. How old are the kiddos? I wonder if parents are properly sanitizing things like pacifiers and sippy cups? I saw a news story the other day about those sippy cups with the valves you can't remove to clean. They tested them and they were FULL of bacteria. Do said kiddos use these cups at home? Just throwing out ideas.
auntymimi 11:00 AM 03-21-2016
There is a 1 yo and 4 yo from the same family I've had issues with the oldest girl no longer in care. They have on going issues with remaining clean, so sanitizing is almost certainly not happening. Also a 2 yo has been sick several times but she's very part time, 1_2 days a week and hadn't really been in my care for a few days before falling I'll. The ones I keep sending home are the 1 and 4 yo. It seems like they, especially the baby, are always sick. If the flu was coming from my home as mom seems to think, wouldn't my own kids be sick too? This isn't something someone could have and just not show symptoms is it? I'm driving myself crazy with cleaning and these kids just keep getting it over and over.
Thriftylady 11:19 AM 03-21-2016
My next question would be if it keeps recurring are we sure it is the flu? I am not a doctor or nurse but I don't think that keeps coming back?
Tags:sick policy, stomach flu
Reply Up