Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dcm got a job working from home and turned into a slacker
crazydaycarelady 01:35 PM 02-28-2014
It's been a week since she started working from home. So far she has been late 2 nights and brought dcb in PJs two days. I don't care about the PJs. She doesn't bring clothes for him to change into. Working from home though you think she would be more reliable picking up on time but she is worse now.
cheerfuldom 01:41 PM 02-28-2014
You will need to enforce all policies and have a discussion that nothing will change at daycare just because her work situation has changed. Let her know exactly what will NOT be happening....lateness and such. It sounds like she lost her routine and really isn't motivated to get it together, you will have to give her a kick in the rear
CraftyMom 01:47 PM 02-28-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
It's been a week since she started working from home. So far she has been late 2 nights and brought dcb in PJs two days. I don't care about the PJs. She doesn't bring clothes for him to change into. Working from home though you think she would be more reliable picking up on time but she is worse now.
I think that's a common thing, when parents are home and their kid is here they are more likely to be late
You'd think it would be the opposite
Blackcat31 01:52 PM 02-28-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Working from home is a way to lazier....she doesn't have anyone breathing down her neck or being the boss.

I know you don't care about the PJ's but if it is just something she is doing lately because she has gotten lazier, I would start requiring that DCB arrive dressed and ready for the day. Turn her away at the door if necessary.

As for the late pick up, get tough about it. Charge a fee, double it the second time and tell her the third time means termination. If you don't to term, just keep multiplying the late fee. At least you can make some extra money off her.
Tags:bored, depression, lazy, parental life choices, unmotivated, work at home parents
Reply Up