Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:04 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default What Does Your Little Chef Make?

I'm looking for for ideas that toddlers can help make. So far we have made pancakes, rice krispies, cookies... I want them involved and doing most of th work. I have 14 two year olds
Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

My 5 yr old is into cooking, he has been since he was 2, we went to super store and got these kid cutting tool that can cut fruit, veggies without cutting their little fingers, its really cool. after we found this my son was incharge of making the salad for dinner, i let him also scramble the eggs for omlets. Good luck
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I buy pizza dough and they paint on the sauce and sprinkle the cheese- they love it!!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

I really like the moosewood cookbooks (I'm sure your library has one). One is salad people, one is pretend soup. They tested the recipes not only for kid friendly, but for things the kids could actually do. We've made quite a few things fromt he books and they always come out great.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Just Starting Out!

Soup in a crock pot? You can prepare the chopped vegi's, and give each kid a turn to put in a 2-handful, into the cold crockpot. Then they can take turns stirring as it cooks!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

I'm sorry, but everytime I see the title I think of the movie Ratatouille.

I have my children baking using boxed mixes. They mix everything up and I put it in the oven. My 5 yo is a great muffin man!
How about salad? They have those great plastic lettuce knives.
Or no-bake cookies? The more you mix them, the better they are.

Really anything that doesn't require a sharp knife or working over a stove a preschooler could be taught to help with.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Blessed

Fruit crisp/crumble is one my kids really like. They have a lot of fun making the crumble part and then sprinkling it on. They also like make your own pizzas.

Tags
activities - food