Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCP's looking for childcare for a year?
SunshineMama 10:44 AM 05-29-2012
Have you ever had a post on craigs list, and had the same people reply to your post for over a year's time?

I posted an Ad a year ago. The family inquired, I responded, and nothing. A month later, I posted another ad, and they scheduled an interview, but never followed up. A few months ago, they responded to an ad, I responded, and nothing. And today, I have another inquiry from them.

This has happened to me with 2 different families over the past year. Is this normal? Why have they been looking for a daycare provider for a year?

The one family that I interviewed had a 3 year old boy. The mom didn't even want him to sit in a regular chair- she wanted him in a high chair, and was so nervous about him sitting in a regular chair. I remember thinking that was so odd- This child was a normal, healthy 3 year old boy. He is perfectly capable of sitting on his bottom on a normal chair.

My guess is that they are high maintenance??? Should I even respond?
Willow 10:53 AM 05-29-2012
The repeat ones that seem to keep bugging you multiple times with nada commitment are likely spammers just fishing for email addresses. I'd report them as spam and they'll go away.

The 3 year old I'd let her know that as long as he is healthy and developmentally on track you use high chairs at that age. Maybe throw in that most (all?) aren't rated or designed for a child that size and weight. If she has any other questions or would like to set up an interview to drop a line back.

I'd try really had not to judge right off the bat, for all you know he had been in a booster and feel out/off at some point and that's why she's so scared? Doesn't necessarily mean she's going to be high maintenance in general, but she may need a little help working through that issue specifically.
Lilbutterflie 10:56 AM 05-29-2012
The first thing that came to my mind is that it could be another daycare provider or daycare business in disguise trying to get some info about your rates/hours/current openings. It just seems really weird that they always seem to get your info and then you never hear from them again!

I had an inquiry last week like this. They ended up telling me they found someone through a daycare agency and that I should contact them. I am 95% positive it was someone from a daycare agency trying to get some info.
wdmmom 11:00 AM 05-29-2012
I've had the same thing happen.

A no-show to an interview means I don't expend any more energy on this family.

Either

A.) They're daycare jumpers
B.) They are looking for cheaper than what they're getting now
C.) Their child has had more daycare providers than they should
D.) They change jobs like they change their underwear

I could go on and on. You get that each thing I've listed is a red flag. As is their name. Don't wast your time, effort or energy on someone that obviously has zero respect for it.
jojosmommy 11:21 AM 05-29-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I've had the same thing happen.

A no-show to an interview means I don't expend any more energy on this family.

Either

A.) They're daycare jumpers
B.) They are looking for cheaper than what they're getting now
C.) Their child has had more daycare providers than they should
D.) They change jobs like they change their underwear

I could go on and on. You get that each thing I've listed is a red flag. As is their name. Don't wast your time, effort or energy on someone that obviously has zero respect for it.
I agree. Seems strange to me. I would not even reply. Pretend that email went in the spam box.
SunshineMama 11:26 AM 05-29-2012
Yeah, I plan on ignoring them.

It's just weird. One lady keeps responding, after her interview even. A year later she is trying to connect with me on Linked-In, and e-mailing me again for child-care service. The other lady told me she would get back to me and never did.

It is probably other providers and/or daycare jumpers. I have noticed some of my wording copied verbatim on other Craigslist Ads in my area. Just weird. Thanks for your opinions.
Reply Up