Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Proposed Food Program Rule Changes/Michigan
lovemykidstoo 12:24 PM 04-01-2015
I just received an email about proposals to the Food Program. This was one of them and I thought since we've had discussions about allowing moms to breastfeed during hours, what your thoughts on this was. Here is how it reads:

"The proposed changes for infants include recommendations to develop incentives to support breastfeeding by allowing for reimbursement when a mother breastfeeds her child on site even when breast milk is the only component the infant receives. "

What do you think? Do any other states already do this? Wonder what the incentive is.
Blackcat31 12:26 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I just received an email about proposals to the Food Program. This was one of them and I thought since we've had discussions about allowing moms to breastfeed during hours, what your thoughts on this was. Here is how it reads:

"The proposed changes for infants include recommendations to develop incentives to support breastfeeding by allowing for reimbursement when a mother breastfeeds her child on site even when breast milk is the only component the infant receives. "

What do you think? Do any other states already do this? Wonder what the incentive is.
That (bolded part) IS the incentive.

Right now, if a mother nurses on site we cant claim the meal. We can only claim the meal/breast milk if WE (providers) serve it.
lovemykidstoo 12:27 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That (bolded part) IS the incentive.

Right now, if a mother nurses on site we cant claim the meal. We can only claim the meal/breast milk if WE (providers) serve it.
Oh I didn't know that. Got ya. I've just had moms that have brought breast milk for me to give the baby before.
itlw8 07:50 PM 04-01-2015
It is not a state change it is part of the proposed changed at the federal level . There are more changes and they are asking for comments by April 15.
nannyde 04:11 AM 04-02-2015
You already get reimbursement for feeding breast milk when the mom is off site. What's the incentive? Having the mom onsite isn't for most.
Gemma 04:15 AM 04-02-2015
They are trying to promote breastfeeding! Well, I doubt that paying us will encourage moms to want to breastfeed ....maybe they should try reimburse them!
284878 05:25 AM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by Gemma:
They are trying to promote breastfeeding! Well, I doubt that paying us will encourage moms to want to breastfeed ....maybe they should try reimburse them!
Good point.
Dear dcm
If you would like to come a disturb my daycare kids daily and watch me as I work, you can drop what you are doing, drive to my home and feed your infant yourself and the state will pay ME a whole dollar (give or take) up to 3 times a day to have you do this. Which I would of gotten anyways if I just did it myself.

Thank you
DCP
Reply Up