Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Rule for Illinois Providers - Otherwise Known as Things That Make You Go Huh?
MyAngels 10:05 PM 04-29-2016
FTR I don't smoke, and no one in my family smokes, so this doesn't affect me at all, but I couldn't help but go Huh? when I got the notice of this new rule for Illinois providers:

"Child Care Act, Section 5.5 (Amended by P.A. 99-343) effective August 11, 2015, based upon U.S. Government findings regarding second hand smoke and its special risks to children's health, the following shall be monitored, recorded and regulated:

It is a violation for any person (provider, assistants, substitutes, parents, household members, friends and relatives) to smoke tobacco in any area of a licensed day care home or group day care home. This includes smoking in a licensed day care facility outside of times of operation and/or when children are not present. This is effective immediately."

The bolding is mine. I did have a discussion with my rep during my recent monitoring visit and we agree - how in the world are they ever going to enforce this? We are not required to give access during any time that we are not open.

My state is not known for its onerous rules, so this one has me scratching my head
Tags:illinois - requirements
Up