Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Think Babies And Toddlers Are Smart Enough
sahm2three 11:35 AM 01-12-2011
to poop to get out of nap?! I SWEAR my colicky baby does this! He is 9 months old, and if he is fighting a nap, and I keep insisting, he will poop! Then I go in to lie him back down and I smell him, and have to get him up to change him. Then he is happy as pie while I change him and I lie him down and he is ticked again. Sometimes will then poop a second time!!! I think they are smarter than we give them credit for. I hear him in there fussing again. Looks like another day with no break again.
nannyde 11:41 AM 01-12-2011
Nah

Crying stimulates peristalsis.

Unregistered 12:03 PM 01-12-2011
The pooping is not done on purpose. He just wants your attention and to be held and cuddled. Just clean him up, lay him back down and let him cry it out. He will soon figure out you won't keep coming back, that is where they are smart, not the pooping.
Good Luck!
Missani 12:28 PM 01-12-2011
It does make you wonder, doesn't it? I have a 16 month old dcg that does this daily! I know she will poop after lunch, so I've tried (and tried and tried) to keep her up long enough to get it out of her system before I put her down. Finally, she will and I will change it or she won't and I will give up saying, "well maybe she won't today." Either way, I will put her in her crib, she will cry because I just (finally) took away her bottle and within ONE minute she will be poopy. I will change her (often again), she will be happy as a clam, I will put her back to bed, she will...scream! Most of the time, all of this will have allowed for at least one other child to fall asleep somewhere in there, she will wake him/her up, and they will both (or all) scream. I could swear she does this on purpose, but I suppose she's just regular and I just won't learn!
Tags:colic, won't sleep
Reply Up