Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Aggressive 2yo
DCMomOf3 06:34 AM 03-02-2011
I have a large (size of a 3yo) DCB2 who has always had a tendency to be rough . It as been minimal and manageable until last week. He is pulling, kicking, hitting my other toddlers if they have a toy he wants. He is great when there aren't littler kids than him here. I have done timeouts, which haven't worked. The minute he gets up he pulls on someone. The last 2 days I have put him in a PNP with a stuffed animals and board books. My other toddlers keep going up to him and playing through the walls. I moved him so he can hear the play now but can't see and none of this phases him. The moment he comes out he starts up again.

I LOVE this family and DCB has been sweet, fun, listens, etc until this. I only have my DC for 3 more months and want to stick it out with him. I also want to do what i can to train this out of him so the next provider (a friend of mine) doesn't have to deal with this.

Tips?
ninosqueridos 07:05 AM 03-02-2011
What are the dcps saying/doing about his behavior?
DCMomOf3 07:57 AM 03-02-2011
He is an only child so doesn't display at home. this weekend he did do it to one that visited his house though. They redirected and if he wanted a certain toy they made him share, whether he shared the toy he wanted or a different toy I am not sure. that was the first time he did it with mom.
Tags:2 year old, aggressive behavior, behavior problems, terrible 2's
Reply Up