Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michael Can You Help? Something I've Noticed...
MyAngels 08:24 PM 05-07-2012
There have been a couple of times I've noticed members are posting something about where they are located specifically, but up in the corner of their post it shows their location in a completely different place.

Why is that? Does the program enter a location based on an ip address or something like that?

Just curious.
SilverSabre25 09:03 PM 05-07-2012
I'm not Michael, but I can tell you that people can put any location they want in the "location" thing. Some people have creative ones (mine, lol, due to a "too close for comfort" incident a while back) and other people deliberately put a different location than where they are really. Most seem to be true though.
Michael 09:16 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
There have been a couple of times I've noticed members are posting something about where they are located specifically, but up in the corner of their post it shows their location in a completely different place.

Why is that? Does the program enter a location based on an ip address or something like that?

Just curious.
I usually do an ip check and the location may be where she connects to the web. My ip shows me as LA but I'm 50 miles north. The user can change their location to whatever they want. I've granted that permission.
MyAngels 06:49 AM 05-08-2012
Okay, thanks! I was just curious. I've noticed it before and didn't think too much of it, but there was a thread yesterday where someone was asking about California childcare payments but her location showed Missouri .

I figured it was something to do with the ip addresses.
Tags:forum question
Reply Up