Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Single working mom
keithfcoleman 04:03 AM 09-25-2015
Hi, I’m a single working mom of a 3-year-old boy. My problem is that I’m not able to spend enough time with my child. I have to work for 6 hours a day. Being a single mom, it’s really tough to manage all the things alone. I wonder whether my son is getting proper care and love from me. Is there anyone facing a similar situation? Is it safe to seek the help of any nanny services for day time? I had already contacted to Diamond personnel, a well-known nanny placement agency in Calgary and I’m impressed with their service history. Still I’m confused too. I don’t have any experience with nanny servicers. Any advice regarding my concern is appreciable. Thank you in advance.
laundrymom 04:19 AM 09-25-2015
This kind of reads like an ad.... But here's my advice.
Over the last 28 years I have worked with countless single parents who would die to only work six hours a day.
Relax.
Enjoy the time with your child and if you are truly worried about his well being, maybe try finding a family childcare provider who could give some extra family style momma love to him while you're working.
I really believe family childcare is the way to go for single parents. It helps get the atmosphere of a larger family that some children seem to thrive in while providing structure and routine.
I can't say enough about the lasting, loving, lifelong relationships that I've made with my former families. We are families. And often, the support system for not only the child we kept, but the single moms and dads too.
Thriftylady 06:09 AM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
This kind of reads like an ad.... But here's my advice.
Over the last 28 years I have worked with countless single parents who would die to only work six hours a day.
Relax.
Enjoy the time with your child and if you are truly worried about his well being, maybe try finding a family childcare provider who could give some extra family style momma love to him while you're working.
I really believe family childcare is the way to go for single parents. It helps get the atmosphere of a larger family that some children seem to thrive in while providing structure and routine.
I can't say enough about the lasting, loving, lifelong relationships that I've made with my former families. We are families. And often, the support system for not only the child we kept, but the single moms and dads too.
I am sure this is an ad notice the user name is a mans name?
laundrymom 06:46 AM 09-25-2015
Yep. Thrifty. I absolutely did. However. I think I may have given them a new perspective at scamming a providers website w a disguised ad. Lol. And I spoke the truth.... My goodness. Six hours a day?! If kill for that schedule.
daycare 09:10 AM 09-25-2015
sounds like an ad to me too.

Funny this is posted, just yesterday I got into a huge argument with my SIL. She married my brother and they are now divorced. My brother is very much in the picture with my niece.

She called me the other day to vent about how hard it is to be a single parent and I went off on her. I said you are not a single mother, you are not doing this alone, my brother gives you over 3grand a month in child support and spousal support. Single means only one. You still have two people helping your child, so knock it off with the woe as me I am a single mother pitty card.....lol

OH and shes only works 2.5 days a week as a receptionist in a high end medical spa.

she got super mad at me and hung up on me.
laundrymom 09:53 AM 09-25-2015
Rofl.
Yes. I have a friend who is a single
Mom. Lives at home. Her Mom drops and grabs baby from daycare. She's 24 and taking two classes and is just so incredibly busy that her mom has to deal w most issues. Sad thing.... Moms moving to Fl just before snow hits. She's getting ready to see what life is all about.
Originally Posted by daycare:
sounds like an ad to me too.

Funny this is posted, just yesterday I got into a huge argument with my SIL. She married my brother and they are now divorced. My brother is very much in the picture with my niece.

She called me the other day to vent about how hard it is to be a single parent and I went off on her. I said you are not a single mother, you are not doing this alone, my brother gives you over 3grand a month in child support and spousal support. Single means only one. You still have two people helping your child, so knock it off with the woe as me I am a single mother pitty card.....lol

OH and shes only works 2.5 days a week as a receptionist in a high end medical spa.

she got super mad at me and hung up on me.

Thriftylady 10:56 AM 09-25-2015
I have to be careful getting into single mother stuff. I was a single mom for awhile and in some ways with DH out driving semi all the time I still sure feel like one. Granted he gives me his whole paycheck each week for bills and such, but to me he isn't here for what I consider the "hard" work, you know what I mean the day to day grunt work. I so hate when people play the "single mother" card, because I have to do much of that myself also. Doesn't get far with me.
littletots 11:09 AM 09-25-2015
I totally understood your point thriftylady. Many wife's of doctors, lawyers or occupations requiring long hrs refer to themselves as single moms.
Thriftylady 11:11 AM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by littletots:
I totally understood your point thriftylady. Many wife's of doctors, lawyers or occupations requiring long hrs refer to themselves as single moms.
I can't speak for those occupations but I can see it in some cases. Sometimes if mine would just show up at home at night I would be happy. Well maybe lol sometimes if he stays home to long I think is is underfoot. My joke is that he pops in for a night every week at the bed and breakfast.
redmaple 04:46 PM 09-26-2015
After getting divorced I was a bit baffled when someone called me a single mom. I had to think about it for a bit and responded "I am a mom that is now single, but not a single mom. I do have a co-parent."
Unregistered 09:50 AM 09-28-2015
Old Keith has apparently hit some real hard times lately, looking for a caregiver for this child as well as a grandparent AND a grandson. (googled the username and all the spam came up)
laundrymom 10:54 AM 09-28-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Old Keith has apparently hit some real hard times lately, looking for a caregiver for this child as well as a grandparent AND a grandson. (googled the username and all the spam came up)
Maybe he should start a nanny service and advertise covertly on childcare sites. ????
Thriftylady 07:59 PM 09-28-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Well gosh now you made me go feel bad for the guy. I mean he needs a caregiver for his grandparent, his grandchild and he is also a single mom trying to raise a child while working six hours a day? Dude has a full plate there.
Reply Up