Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Finally! Purchase Done
masters205 06:13 AM 03-12-2016
I having been working on a purchase of existing daycare for almost a year. Small town in Alabama and we couldn't afford to loose the daycare as there aren't many options. owner health was in decline, we are ready for state inspection to officially license under our name(she has stayed on as director)this has been a omg process....I have learned parents are more problem than kids...having to break bad habits like discounting for days missed,medicine forms not filled out etc...cant believe how ticked they have been over this...any suggestions
Blackcat31 07:23 AM 03-12-2016
Originally Posted by masters205:
I having been working on a purchase of existing daycare for almost a year. Small town in Alabama and we couldn't afford to loose the daycare as there aren't many options. owner health was in decline, we are ready for state inspection to officially license under our name(she has stayed on as director)this has been a omg process....I have learned parents are more problem than kids...having to break bad habits like discounting for days missed,medicine forms not filled out etc...cant believe how ticked they have been over this...any suggestions
This will help you recognize and appropriately deal with certain types of clients:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/150103...ords=tori+fees

It was written by a member here and veteran provider.
Michael 01:19 PM 03-12-2016
Nannyde had a blog on Daycare.com with a lot of good information: https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/
masters205 08:53 PM 03-12-2016
Thanks so much!
thrivingchildcarecom 09:52 AM 03-14-2016
The best advice I would give is to stick to your guns! I am guessing, your policies are in place to comply with state regulations for the most part. Therefore, you have to enforce them. With regard to discounts, etc. maybe issuing a policy update notice might help remind clients of what the policies are.

Listen you can't expect clients to follow your policies if you don't. So ENFORCE, ENFORCE, ENFORCE!
Tags:newbie, parent problems
Reply Up