Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Three Day Weekend--YAY!
Rockgirl 05:06 AM 09-01-2017
Anyone have big plans?

Tonight we're seeing a local band we love. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my daughter at a cool little cafe that serves really good street food and craft beer. Sunday is my long trail run for the week and a cookout with friends. Monday is pure relaxation!
Jupadia 05:14 AM 09-01-2017
No plans but I've got a four day weekend. Here the first day of school is Tuesday so I booked it off cause my oldest starts Jr. Kindergarden then. I decided moths ago that there was no way I was dealing with dropping him off for the first time while pushing my quad stroller and dealing with dk's. Then Wednesday I'll have to do my first real school run.
storybookending 08:20 AM 09-01-2017
The local fair is in town. I bought a season pass months ago when they were cheap and have been going in every night to eat and leaving. Might check out the exhibits with a friend tonight. I work Saturday morning for a few hours but am excited to do nothing on both Sunday and Monday.
NeedaVaca 08:28 AM 09-01-2017
Yes, I am so ready for a long weekend! We are taking our son to Chicago Saturday to see Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, we are all so excited! We have backstage passes and Jason is signing his Martin guitar that he gave my son for Christmas!! He will get to meet the whole band and I can't wait!! Plus I got super lucky and have 4th row Pit seats! His tickets go fast...I was lucky! He has a 6 night run at the Ryman in Nashville-all sold out within minutes.
LysesKids 08:33 AM 09-01-2017
Yay for 3 day weekends... I'll be traveling to WV & MD to see family & friends; celebrating my birthday too (it's actually Tuesday, but I was a true Labor Day baby lol). Lots of coupons for free food from restaurants here & there
Ariana 09:00 AM 09-01-2017
We thought about a camping trip but I need to take the last weekend of summer to oragnize and get ready for school! Woohoo for me.
DaveA 09:06 AM 09-01-2017
We've got a whole lot of nothin' planned. I'll spend some time out in the shop and DW will do a run or ride or 2. Otherwise anything we do will be spur of the moment stuff. Might take the kids to the zoo or to a movie.
Unregistered 09:32 AM 09-01-2017
We are the sandwich generation. We will be visiting our elderly parents in Iowa who moved into assisted living after Dad had a major stoke in January. We'll be checking on plumbing issues at their house, help them run errands and get them out for some fun. Then we'll be heading to Iowa City to deliver a small fridge to our college student. I'm so grateful that we can help but caring for Dad with his health issues is way out of my comfort zone. Any prayers are greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
finsup 09:46 AM 09-01-2017
I've got until September 11th off We're headed out camping this evening and staying for the long weekend. Then we start homeschooling 1st grade and preschool (basically play, but calling it preschool since she SO wants to do school like big brother lol) which I'm super excited about. And my daycare group changes significantly which is very much needed.
I feel like a huge weight is going to be lifted at 5 today making this weekend that much better!
midaycare 10:58 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We are the sandwich generation. We will be visiting our elderly parents in Iowa who moved into assisted living after Dad had a major stoke in January. We'll be checking on plumbing issues at their house, help them run errands and get them out for some fun. Then we'll be heading to Iowa City to deliver a small fridge to our college student. I'm so grateful that we can help but caring for Dad with his health issues is way out of my comfort zone. Any prayers are greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

midaycare 11:01 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
I've got until September 11th off We're headed out camping this evening and staying for the long weekend. Then we start homeschooling 1st grade and preschool (basically play, but calling it preschool since she SO wants to do school like big brother lol) which I'm super excited about. And my daycare group changes significantly which is very much needed.
I feel like a huge weight is going to be lifted at 5 today making this weekend that much better!
I'd like to be happy for you, but I'm a wee bit jealous Kidding!

Okay, question since you live in Maine. Is the fish out there really that much better? We don't get much fresh in the Midwest.
midaycare 11:04 AM 09-01-2017
This weekend my FIL is taking my ds to shoot his very first rifle. That's a big deal in our family. Not my side of the family, but all the men on DH's side.

I need to do some things to get ready for the assistants and new kiddos coming Tuesday. I'm excited though. It will be so nice to have someone else here. Someone to bounce things off of, and someone to help with things. I can actually go to the bathroom and not have to speed pee
finsup 11:27 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I'd like to be happy for you, but I'm a wee bit jealous Kidding!

Okay, question since you live in Maine. Is the fish out there really that much better? We don't get much fresh in the Midwest.
Lol I wouldn't know, I don't eat it...and shhh I hate lobster, I'm not a good Maine'r haha.
DaveA 03:00 PM 09-01-2017
And the weekend has begun!

DCKs are gone, the knives I'm working on this weekend are laid out on my workbench, stuff for venison horseshoes are on the stove & in the oven, and a couple bottles of cider are chilling in the fridge. I just reread that and realize how bad my rural roots are really shining through.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend.
daycarediva 03:54 PM 09-01-2017
It's my last weekend off before reopening. AND the last weekend before school.

Tonight- football draft, pizza, beers with everyone.

Tomorrow- grocery shopping, kids having friends over.

Sunday morning (had a family cancel at the last minute, so pulling in a couple of promising families that ended up on my waiting list)
flying_babyb 07:35 PM 09-01-2017
ME!! I got plans:
Normally I work weekends but my boss didn't need me this weekend so i'm going home to celebrate my birthday (8/30) and my mom and aunts (9/1) with cake, a bonfire and a cookout!
Then next week:
I asked for fri-sun off to go to Chicago with my sister (and her hubby) to get tattoos, then Indian summer in Milwaukee, and the zoo!

THE BEST PART: I got flowers at work today!
SunflowerMeadow 09:49 PM 09-02-2017
Nothing planned for the weekend but I would love to do a family trip if we have more money right now.... lol
storybookending 10:00 PM 09-02-2017
Last minute trip to Milwaukee tomorrow for the Brewer game!
CityGarden 10:04 PM 09-02-2017
It is my last weekend off after break so in addition to a family beach party today and two family pool parties tomorrow ---- I still need to deep clean, set up for Tuesday, type up and print a Back to School packet including the school calendar for the new school year! Monday is going to be busy for me

I have had 3 weeks off and while I caught up on several personal items (doctors appointments for me and dd, getting a new car after my car was totaled, etc.) I did not do any of the items I had hoped to for my program.
Reply Up