Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am THE Unregistered Problem Causer
Unregistered 10:58 AM 02-01-2012
A lot of you have been coming down on me for posting as "unregistered." To let everyone know, I actually am a registered user.

Sorry to cause such a stir.

I did the post about naptime naps- it was a genuine question. I also posed the question about parents wondering what the providers are doing while on the internet because that was also a question that I had when my child was in daycare. I of course use the internet while watching kids in our playroom, because honestly, I can't micromanage every aspect of their play. I needed to know how to respond to one of the parents, from their point of view, about being online during the day. And YUP, the crazy interview story was mine too- and it was 100% true.

I got a lot of helpful information from everyone- I just needed to know other's point of views. I did not know that my genuine questions were causing "problems."

I post unregistered because I like my anonymity, in the event that a parent goes on this forum and figures out that I was the one asking controversial questions. Yes, I do believe that if a parent really wants to find their provider on here it wouldn't be that hard, and then they could see all of the problems, complaints, etc that was posted. You know they will NEVER see the GOOD things you had to say because the bad always outweighs the good. Can you really blame me for being unregistered? I always respond- its not like I post something and then stop posting or commenting.

I have genuine questions, and feel that it is safest for me to ask them unregistered. I have never insulted anyone, attacked anyone, or anything other than ask questions that come to my mind. I am not the single line snarky comment poster (promise those are not mine)- I engage in genuine conversations.

Well, apparently your moderators are now "watching me very carefully." I do not know what that means exactly, but I don't like the sound of that so I am not going to be posting anymore. Sad, because I really enjoyed you all, but "the nail that sticks out gets hammered" and since my questions made everyone so mad I will just stop.

Sorry if I bothered anyone with my questions that I asked unregistered. I am very thankful that I did not ask the other questions that were on my mind- you guys are right, you are harsh on the unregistered people lol. But please understand that not all unregistered people are trolls, trying to cause problems.

Good luck to all of you with your daycares, I have learned a lot from this forum.
SilverSabre25 11:19 AM 02-01-2012
We don't want you to leave. We want you to choose one username, stick with it, and well, stick with it. We want you to be clear on whether you are a parent or a provider, what state you're in (or don't disclose it, but don't lie please), etc.

We don't mind unregistered posts from registered users when they a) own up to being registered and b) are posting a sensitive topic.

We have had issues in the past where people posting unregistered having harrassed members. Many times, the unregistered posts are controversial and pot-stirring.

We are a fairly close-knit group of FRIENDS and we like to know who is posting. We don't ID with actual names, but we do ID with usernames...and when someone is being extremely flaky and confusing, posting on the same topic under two or even three identities, all of them posing very, very different views, well...we get a bit antsy.

We are here for support, and so are the mods--we notice something that seems off, and so for the protection of all our friends on the board, we keep an eye on it.

I'm sorry you feel attacked; that was not the intention. You have, however, been posting LOTS of pot-stirring things unregistered, and your TWO usernames have been responding on the SAME threads with differing viewpoints. THAT is what we would rather not have happen, please.

Anonymity is great...deliberate deception, well, not so much.

JenNJ 11:21 AM 02-01-2012
I wish you would stay. I think it is silly for people to get so worked up over an internet forum. Anyway, I wish you would post more. I enjoy hearing everyone's opinions!
Blackcat31 11:47 AM 02-01-2012
I agree with Silver!! You aren't making anyone mad really just super confused as to your motive.

I also just don't understand the outright lying about stuff. If you want to be anonymous, I completely get that, but why post contradicting things and appear as though you are really and truly looking for help and/or advice if it isn't real?

If you have real questions, simply ask them. I also wonder why you ask questions and then answer yourself as if lending support or advice?

I am sorry you feel attacked but I for one feel duped. Duped by a fellow provider who asks questions she says are real but then answers herself and uses two different user names as if you have two different opinions.

I stick up for unregistered posters all the time because I do truly believe they are looking for a place to vent, share and get advice. I refuse to stick up for someone who has purposely mis-led others here about where she is coming from and why?

You state in one post that you are a provider and yet in another you say you are a parent with questions about your provider. ?????

I also understand the need for privacy but I think there are many members on this forum that have managed to give advice and get support all while reamaining completely and 100% unknown to others (even DCF's who might be reading this forum).

So I am sorry but I guess I just don't buy that either. Your apology about causing "problems" (your words NOT mine) sounds a bit like you are trying to play the victim and I think that you should simply stand behind what you say and do and not look for people to view you as the injured party here.

I just don't have alot of respect for people who try to say they are something they aren't and then do the whole pouting "I'm going home and never coming back" routine. BTDT.

I also really enjoy reading other people's perspectives and learning as well as venting here so I really do sincerely hope you choose to stay, however if you do stay; a bit of advice: If you really want to be accepted and respected here, then just be who you are and ask a question if you have one, but by all means, please just be real.
JenNJ 11:55 AM 02-01-2012
Clearly I had no idea what was found on. So why using unregistered PLUS 2 user names. I don't get it. Do you have multiple personalities? Lol.
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:10 PM 02-01-2012
Are you also the one who started the" thank you "post too?
Blackcat31 12:11 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
Are you also the one who started the" thank you "post too?
Nope, not her.
Christian Mother 12:15 PM 02-01-2012
I don't think I've ever posted unregistered...but I can tell you that I am not ashamed or scared if a parent of mine reads my posts. I won't go out and say "hey read what I post on here..some of it is about you"...but in a turn about way I wish sometimes a parent would read them bc some of those things hurt my feelings or I feel I did something wrong and I need others advise or at least a rub back when I am upset. I need to vent and I really believe that the parents I have can read these posts first with a open heart and not get upset right away bc we all get frustrated with our job, families, kids... in this job we need an outlet. I need to be able to come here and talk to my co works. No one else could possible understand the way everyone else here does. We may not all agree but we are here for each other.

If your posting under 2 diff. register names. It needs to be 1. All of us take the risk of posting and yes you have the choice to post unregistered if you are concerned about the subject matter but you take the chance that other viewers have a view that you might not care for. It's the same for posting. Many people are concerned for you and the kids so when you post subjects that are sensitive expect to get some frank answers. Subjects that are touchy are going to get touchy. When I started I started with one child grade school age that started arriving at 5am in the morning. I asked his mother if it was ok to place a blow up bed in my room and when he came in the mornings he could lay down before school time. I would lay in my bed for an hr and when the alarm clock went off him, me, and my son would get up...my daughter at the time was a baby so she didn't get up that early. My husband got up at 4:30am for work he wasn't home. I never new that you couldn't sleep while you where watching a child while being paid to watch them. I watch her son as a favor to our neighbor who was dating her at the time and knew I wanted to start watching children in my home. For me I thought it was common since to ask all those questions with the parents first about did she want him to go back to sleep when he got here and since it was a very early arrival and I wasn't charging for that would she mind if I went back to bed. She really didn't mind in the least. Now she was very young in her mid 20's and me at the time was coming up to my 30's. I think that a older parent might care for that. I believe though that if you knew them and had a friendship relationship with them they would be ok with that but I think that it's something you need to discuss at the interview stage. Knowing what I know now..I would not take children at 5am in the morning bc I couldn't work a 5am to 5pm shift...I know my breaking point and that is it. I don't know if your really pregnant with twins and was just really wanting to know if it was ok to be able to sleep while the kids napped but i agree with the posts on their that if you felt that tired you need to lighten your load and care for your self and unborn children. You need all the rest you can get. Or you need to speak with the parents on resting up while the kids sleep...not ashually sleeping up laying down on the couch and watching tv and put your feet up. I know it is hard to stay awake when it's quiet...It is nap time here and as I write this I am getting sleepy but I know that in about 40 min I need to feed the baby and my son gets home from school and we need to do home work before the other littles get up from nap. I don't think you should leave this forum and I am glad you learned a lot. But be honest on who you are and why your here. Yes, people won't always agree but you'll gain a lot of respect just by being you and being honest. You have a friend here in me and that is a start.. If I knew who to request as a friend I would.
Cat Herder 12:16 PM 02-01-2012
I guess it is time for the forum cycle......

I think there are many of us who have registered under one name, but changed to a new username over the years for different reasons.... Most folks send out PM's to let their friends know who they are AND why they changed.

I guess it just never occurred to me anyone would be using BOTH (at least) user names to post under Especially in the same threads WITH differing viewpoints....while also posting unregistered.
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:22 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nope, not her.
Oh come on give us a hint!!!!
Unregistered 12:37 PM 02-01-2012
I changed my username because my husband said my first one was lame and made fun of me for it. to my knowledge, I did not purposely go back to the original name in an attempt to deceive anyone, if I did it was an accident out of habit.

I might have responded under my username because I probably forgot to log out to keep the unregistered's consistently unregistered.

For the opposing viewpoints, I am not quite sure what you mean- I know that I feel different ways at different times, and that I am learning and trying to grow, so I am not always 100% consistent. I'm still pretty young and growing into myself. I may be a bit flaky by nature, but malicious and intentionally trying to be deceptive is not me. Posing a question from another viewpoint other than my own, or a response even to see how people react to gain personal insight and knowledge is just in my nature. One of my degrees is in Psychology and I am just naturally inquisitive, and perhaps a little unorthodox concerning my quest for information.

I can appreciate that you may be unhappy with my methodology, and I can respect that. Again, I offer my apologies, please understand that I was only trying to gain information to improve my daycare ventures.

Either way, I think I should take a break for a while. I feel like there is a bias against me by your group of friends, and even though you say there is not it makes me feel very, well, sad kinda.
Country Kids 12:48 PM 02-01-2012
OK I give-its Nannyde I bet-

Ok maybe a long shot but you never know!
Countrygal 12:49 PM 02-01-2012
I don't think I responded much to any of them, because I felt they sounded "snarky" and I don't respond to posts like that.

If you had, for example, just asked "I see some of you on here a lot during the day - how can you do that and be giving the kids enough attention", I think you would have had more responders and more legitimate responses. It was the inuendos that I don't answer. Give me a straightforward question, and I"ll try my best. Tell me I'm doing something wrong and I won't even respond. Walk a mile in my shoes.......

ps - I have no trouble with you remaining as long as you treat us all with respect. Just as I try to treat you. {{HUGS}}
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:15 PM 02-01-2012
Ok un-registered, just tell us who you are so we can all just move on.

People make mistakes, but we cant forgive and forget unless we can understand who you are.

I wont make snarky comments.
SilverSabre25 01:40 PM 02-01-2012
No, not anyone who's a long established member.

We really don't mean to drive you away--really. You have been posting under several names and at least one of your unreg posts pretended to be a parent asking about your provider.

We are always happy to have new members--we just get concerned when someone seems to be trying to hide something.
wdmmom 01:56 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

Definitely not Nannyde. Mark my words.

Have you read her posts?! Not only are they articulated but very well spoken.

Moderators can also see IP address and considering I am a moderator, I can attest that they are NOT the same.
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:59 PM 02-01-2012
How do you become a moderator? Just curious for curiousity sake?
youretooloud 01:59 PM 02-01-2012
Maybe I'm the odd one. But, I love a good debate thread.

I don't generally trust people who post unregistered (unless they state that upfront)

But, I thought those posts were good.
MsMe 02:00 PM 02-01-2012
I kinda feel like this is turning into a real-life-ACT style-word problem...
--If pam and Sally eat at Joes, but Joe only cooks on Monday and Thursday, and on Friday he was at Sallys......Where did Kevin eat

IF I had the time I am sure I could figure out who the unregistered registered screen name was with the few clues we have been given......

Come to think of it maybe it is Michael...and there is a PRIZE for who ever figures ut is trick!!

HAHA

OK maybe I hang out with kids TOO much....we have been really into playing "super spies" this week
youretooloud 02:02 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

We really don't mean to drive you away--really. You have been posting under several names and at least one of your unreg posts pretended to be a parent asking about your provider.
That's called being a sock puppet.

So, she's a sock puppet!!!!

(I still enjoyed the threads... and this added drama is interesting too)
wdmmom 02:03 PM 02-01-2012
As to "unregistered", I can appreciate that you have questions and for fear of it being a sensitive topic or one that you may get grief for bring up and post unregistered. Several of us have admitted to doing so.

But, Blackcat has it right. You say you are a provider, you say you are a parent, granted you are entitled to be both, but what is it really?!

You come to this forum in search of advice or answers and yes, some of those may have had snarky comments but when we take time out of our day to read and educate ourselves further by adressing others issues, we don't appreciate the occassional troll that drops in, stirs up controversy, gets all of us riled up only to never come back again.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I hope some were helpful to you. If you want to be treated with respect here, all you have to do is register. And if you feel the need to be unregistered on occasion because of a certain topic, feel free to post unregistered. Simply state in your post that you are a registered provider logging out.

In the end, it's your choice to leave. Were you hoping for a farewell party?! Again, if we knew who you were, you can bet people would be wishing you the very best today and days to come!
Blackcat31 02:09 PM 02-01-2012
How do you become a moderator? Just curious for curiousity sake?
Admin recruits... LOL!! There is a whole section on Mods in the FAQ section and does a great job explaining how it all works.

Originally Posted by youretooloud:
Maybe I'm the odd one. But, I love a good debate thread.

I don't generally trust people who post unregistered (unless they state that upfront)

But, I thought those posts were good.

I have NO issues with unregistered posters. Many have some really good questions and/or advice. Many of them end up becoming registered users and contribute greatly to the forum and add a lot the knowledge base that is the point of this forum.

I too, love a great discussion thread about topics that have differing viewpoints. Those types of discussions can be very educational and informative....but not if they aren't genuine from the get go....
MamaBear 07:33 PM 02-01-2012
I applaud your honesty about your intentions and kinda who you are in a way. Now i need to go find the old Unregistered posts and see what all the drama is about! haha I did read the one about daycare providers being on the internet. I thought it seemed a little weird but wasn't sure why. Now I knows. Pretty interesting!
countrymom 06:30 AM 02-02-2012
well, I'm a mod on a parenting site and we don't allow anon. users to reg. several accounts, because that means trouble. Also, I think its strange that you would post anon for a basic question, you said your dh made fun of your name, why is he on your account, who is watching you and why would a parent ask the question "what do we do all day" unless you are doing nothing all day and sleeping during the day. I have a feeling that you got caught and wanted some support.
Unregistered 06:45 AM 02-02-2012
Im wondering how you know that 2 unregistered are the same person and someone has 2 user names.
SilverSabre25 06:49 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im wondering how you know that 2 unregistered are the same person and someone has 2 user names.
Moderators can see IP addresses if we need to.
SandeeAR 07:24 AM 02-02-2012
This is why I registered under my REAL name and state. I would never say anything online about a dck or parent, that I wouldn't tell them in real life. When you get me, you get the REAL me.
Meeko 08:17 AM 02-02-2012
When I was a "forum virgin" I posted a few comments as unregistered that I am now very ashamed of. I posted some nasty comments to a person I now greatly respect. So in a way I am glad the posts were unregistered. But it was very wrong of me at that time to try and hide behind the unregistered name. I should have had the guts to say it "out loud" or not say it at all.

I have also posted a few things as unregistered because they were about very personal things about my family situation and would rather the whole world didn't know where it came from ....and yet I felt I had knowledge to share on the subject being discussed.. I am sure the mods know and I am forever grateful for their integrity in keeping it private. Under those circumstances, I feel being unregistered was the way to go.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the "unregistered" has it's place. But it should not be for "stirring the pot". I have learned my lesson on that one.

I sincerely have grown to love my friends on this board and for that reason will always try to be "me". Honesty is never a bad thing.
melskids 09:09 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
This is why I registered under my REAL name and state. I would never say anything online about a dck or parent, that I wouldn't tell them in real life. When you get me, you get the REAL me.
I completely agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

If I say anything here about any of my DC families, I guarentee they already know it.

With a mouth like mine, I don't need a backbone. LOL
MyAngels 09:18 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I agree with this, to a point. I try to stay more general on what and how I post - sometimes even tweaking small (unimportant) details - more to protect the privacy of my daycare families than my own privacy. Anyone who knows me pretty much knows everything I would post here, but I don't think it's fair to the families in my daycare to put their information out there in a way that they could be identified with it, without their knowledge and consent.
Unregistered 09:35 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
well, I'm a mod on a parenting site and we don't allow anon. users to reg. several accounts, because that means trouble. Also, I think its strange that you would post anon for a basic question, you said your dh made fun of your name, why is he on your account, who is watching you and why would a parent ask the question "what do we do all day" unless you are doing nothing all day and sleeping during the day. I have a feeling that you got caught and wanted some support.
Wrong... I have never slept while watching the kids. I have thought about it, which is why I asked the question. But have I ever done it? Nope, not even once. Always assuming the worst in people... a sad aspect of our society unfortunately

My husband made fun of my name because he said it was lame. I was excited about having a support system and being able to discuss my job with others so I showed him the forum. He isn't on my account- I never said he was, again, another wrong assumption.

And I never said, "what do you do all day," I asked how were the children being watched if you are able to post to a forum throughout the day. I asked that question because I post to the forum throught the day, and IF a parent ever were to ask me how I was able to be online and watch the children, I wanted to know how to respond.

I have never been "caught" doing anything I am not supposed to be doing because I am a very caring provider, I love my kids, I always put them first, and I do an amazing job. Always. I go above and beyond all the time, every time.

Some of you are too much- seriously!?! LOL! This is an ONLINE forum, with people all over the country, and Canada too. Who cares if I ask a question that you don't like? If you dont like it, don't answer it. Who cares if I changed my username? I have no established relationships on this forum- heck, I didn't even think anyone would even notice, let alone take the time to track my IP address. I never attacked anyone. I never was rude. I never was insulting. So bottom line, who cares?

I had questions. I still do have more questions I would love answered, but this is not a safe place to ask those questions, obviously, if people are going to track who you are and what you post and then gang up on you because they don't like what you have to say.

Be careful ladies, the Moderator Gods are watching you (just kidding-kind of). Is this some kind of futuristic Star Trek episode I'm unaware of? (I'm a big science fiction nerd, if you can't tell).

And some of your comments were just plain mean. You don't know me. I don't know you. Why do you think your way of living is better than my way of living? People are all different, and their differences need to be respected.

***Bottom line- this forum is a place to gain information. I know that a small group of you have become friends, and that is wonderful. I am not looking for friends online (I'm not knocking it - its just not for me), I am looking for information. Sometimes, you get a completely different answer asking a question from the viewpoint of a parent than from the viewpoint as a provider. People answer you differently if you say you are a parent than if you say you are a provider. People answer differently if you post as a registered user or an unregistered user. There is a valid bias, and the only way to eliminate the bias is to pose different questions from different viewpoints, and compile the information to assess the most commonly given answer. This methodology can be statistically evaluated, if necessary.

My suggestion to you all is to not be so harsh on unregistered users, and whether or not it is purposeful, try not to gang up on people who you really don't know. Please respect someone's differences. And, if you don't like it, just ignore it, no need for the snarky comments. (I have decided to use the word snarky more frequently in my daily life, as it seems to be a favorite word on this forum). LOL

Have a wonderful day everyone. I don't know if anyone else finds this entertaining, I certainly do- not only have I learned a lot about daycare, I have also learned a lot about human behavior. I wonder if there are any studies concerning the psychology of online forums. Hmmm... maybe I will finish my master's in Psychology afterall...
nannyde 09:36 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

Naw

I've never posted unregistered anywhere. Since a good lot of these posts have some sort of "nannyde is the devil" posts you can rest assured that's not me.
Unregistered 09:37 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
I applaud your honesty about your intentions and kinda who you are in a way. Now i need to go find the old Unregistered posts and see what all the drama is about! haha I did read the one about daycare providers being on the internet. I thought it seemed a little weird but wasn't sure why. Now I knows. Pretty interesting!
Thank you MamaBear! I am glad that you are able to view the big picture

If everyone thought the same way, it would be a pretty boring world.

Have a great day!
Unregistered 09:45 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Naw

I've never posted unregistered anywhere. Since a good lot of these posts have some sort of "nannyde is the devil" posts you can rest assured that's not me.
Just for the record.... I NEVER had an ill word to say about you.... the MOD GODs can verify that if they want to look at all of my posts. Hope you guys don't find Mod Gods offensive, I think it's funny personally but if it bothers you tell me and I wont use that terminology again).

And last thing to everyone who says that they would never post things their parents don't already know.... Are you being truthful?

Have you ever complained about a child? Would you tell a parent "I am so tired today and I have a headache, and your whiny child is going to make it worse?" or ugh... "I am thinking about terminating your family but I'm not sure."

I would never want a family to know I was thinking about terminating them , or that I feel hung over today, or that I may need extra time off for maternity leave, or that I contemplated taking a nap, or that I am sick of dcd looking at my boobs when he drops kids off, etc etc etc. I'm not saying all of these are true, just saying that there are things that need to be gotten off of people's chests sometimes, and not every feeling that I have needs to be told to the parents.
Daycaremomof2 10:48 AM 02-02-2012
This is mostly for Lil'MissPeeps, since she's dying to know the real identity of the unregistered culprit: It's me Well, this is my "lame" sign in name, according to my dh- I changed it to a different one. Maybe I will reveal that sometime too

I responded to a few of you via unregistered, but I see that the moderators have yet to approve what I have said. I hope that they post it, because I stand by every single word that I said in them, and I think there is a lot of value to be gained by everyone.

Gosh, I said that I was done with this forum but its just so interesting

I did want to add this to to my unregistered posts that have not yet been moderator approved as I just noticed that this thread was tagged with the word “forum terrorist,” and that struck a big note to me, especially since I lost a family member in a real terrorist attack on 9/11. That is a very serious word and should not be taken lightly, so this post is probably the first angry post that I have ever done on a forum, and hopefully, the last. I need to vent.

Terrorist? Really? That is what you call someone different from yourselves who asks pertinent questions that are directly related to forum material?

A mother, wife, daycare provider, and upstanding citizen of the United States has just been labeled a “forum terrorist,” why again? For having 2 user names and posting unregistered? I HAVE NEVER INSULTED ANYONE! MY ORIGINAL QUESTIONS WERE REAL QUESTIONS! I CREATED THIS THREAD AS AN APOLOGY FOR UPSETTING YOU AND EXPLAINED MYSELF! –And you tag it with the words forum terrorist? That is uncalled for and unfair.

I will provide some definitions to educate you on the word terrorist:

ter•ror•ist
   ˈtɛr ər ɪstShow Spelled[ter-er-ist]
noun
a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

(Have any of you felt frightened or terrorized about me asking how you can be on the internet while doing childcare, or about taking a cat nap while the kids are asleep)?

ter•ror•ism
   ˈtɛr əˌrɪz əmShow Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uh m] Show IPA
noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

(Has there been any use of violence for political purposes)? I, however, have felt intimidated and bullied by some of these posts, that directly attacked me and called me names, which I never did to you.

I am starting to believe that this forum is controlled by a very small group of people who bully others with conflicting viewpoints from their own; you say that you welcome me to stay on this forum, but tag my thread as "forum terrorist." That's a little conflicting, and it feels like crap, honestly.

And yes, calling someone a forum terrorist when they havn’t had any mal-intent whatsoever is a form of cyber-bullying. Tracking someone's IP address, and letting them know that they are being watched is also a form of bullying. I feel threatened and slightly unnerved, even if that wasn't the original intention.

People have a right to free speech. I should be able to say whatever I want to say in whatever manner I want to say it is. This is the United States America- not the United States of the Daycare Forum Moderators. And I know that was "snarky," but so is calling me a forum terrorist when all I wanted to do was gather information, so let's just call that even.

So now unregistered posters who also have a username and have changed it, and who post things about naps, the internet, etc, are “forum terrorists.”

Wow. Thank goodness our government isn’t run like this forum. Some of you have no respect for anybody else's personalities or ways of life.

I am not the unregistered poster attacking NannyDe, or any of that other crap that mean, rude people try to pull.

Sorry so long, but it really struck a nerve to see my explanation of my posts and apology for incidentally bothering anyone with my multiple usernames tagged with the word "terrorist" in it. That is just awful, and it is really an insult to the victims of real terrorism. Thank you for bringing up horrific, sad, old memories of the awful terrorist attack on our country, because you don't agree with me. Wow.
Blackcat31 10:57 AM 02-02-2012
FWIW~ anyone can add tags. That job is not left to the moderators.
Hunni Bee 10:58 AM 02-02-2012
The only time I've posted as unregistered is if I had a sensitive issue and i didn't need my post traced back to me by parents or my employer. I'm one of the handful of members on here who works in a center so i have to be careful. But there's certain things i need to ask or get off my chest that i may be disciplined at work for, and this forum gives me the platform to do it. I thank God for it.

However, I've never posted as unregistered to "hide" my identity from other members, and I've always made it clear that i am a registered member. I've also never commented on a thread as unregistered unless it was mine. To me, that's a bit cowardly, and it also keeps you from getting the most out of this forum.

Just my two cents.
nannyde 11:01 AM 02-02-2012
Just for the record.... I NEVER had an ill word to say about you.... the MOD GODs can verify that if they want to look at all of my posts. Hope you guys don't find Mod Gods offensive, I think it's funny personally but if it bothers you tell me and I wont use that terminology again).

And last thing to everyone who says that they would never post things their parents don't already know.... Are you being truthful?

Have you ever complained about a child? Would you tell a parent "I am so tired today and I have a headache, and your whiny child is going to make it worse?" or ugh... "I am thinking about terminating your family but I'm not sure."

I would never want a family to know I was thinking about terminating them , or that I feel hung over today, or that I may need extra time off for maternity leave, or that I contemplated taking a nap, or that I am sick of dcd looking at my boobs when he drops kids off, etc etc etc. I'm not saying all of these are true, just saying that there are things that need to be gotten off of people's chests sometimes, and not every feeling that I have needs to be told to the parents.
I don't post things I don't want my daycare parents to know. My daycare parents read daycare.com I'm out with my real name and they all know my username. They are pictured in the last blog I wrote. Very cute they be ;-)
Heidi 11:13 AM 02-02-2012
well, I was going to stay completely out of this, but I can't.

If a person who regularly posts here wants to ask a question or vent anonymously, it seems like common courtesy to state

"I am a registered user, but would like to remain anonymous"

I have read that many times, and find it respectful. We may not be "real" friend in "real" life, but we are a support system, and should be as "real" as possible.
Cat Herder 11:20 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
FWIW~ anyone can add tags. That job is not left to the moderators.
I added the tag "forum terrorist".... It linked to OTHER threads like this. I did NOT make it up.

Get over yourself OP.... it was not a label on YOU. It was a TAG to other posts similar in nature...WOW.

I specifically wanted to find that thread with the "forum ettiquette" video.....and I vaguely recalled one from last year (or the year before?) that was pretty extreme. I think the State and Police were involved? Maybe someone can just add the links here if the TAG is so offensive... I can't find it.

The forum archives are the most interesting part of this forum to me.... the evolution of it all is fascinating. It had NOTHING to do with you, OP.
My3cents 11:21 AM 02-02-2012
A lot of you have been coming down on me for posting as "unregistered." To let everyone know, I actually am a registered user.

Sorry to cause such a stir.

I did the post about naptime naps- it was a genuine question. I also posed the question about parents wondering what the providers are doing while on the internet because that was also a question that I had when my child was in daycare. I of course use the internet while watching kids in our playroom, because honestly, I can't micromanage every aspect of their play. I needed to know how to respond to one of the parents, from their point of view, about being online during the day. And YUP, the crazy interview story was mine too- and it was 100% true.

I got a lot of helpful information from everyone- I just needed to know other's point of views. I did not know that my genuine questions were causing "problems."

I post unregistered because I like my anonymity, in the event that a parent goes on this forum and figures out that I was the one asking controversial questions. Yes, I do believe that if a parent really wants to find their provider on here it wouldn't be that hard, and then they could see all of the problems, complaints, etc that was posted. You know they will NEVER see the GOOD things you had to say because the bad always outweighs the good. Can you really blame me for being unregistered? I always respond- its not like I post something and then stop posting or commenting.

I have genuine questions, and feel that it is safest for me to ask them unregistered. I have never insulted anyone, attacked anyone, or anything other than ask questions that come to my mind. I am not the single line snarky comment poster (promise those are not mine)- I engage in genuine conversations.

Well, apparently your moderators are now "watching me very carefully." I do not know what that means exactly, but I don't like the sound of that so I am not going to be posting anymore. Sad, because I really enjoyed you all, but "the nail that sticks out gets hammered" and since my questions made everyone so mad I will just stop.

Sorry if I bothered anyone with my questions that I asked unregistered. I am very thankful that I did not ask the other questions that were on my mind- you guys are right, you are harsh on the unregistered people lol. But please understand that not all unregistered people are trolls, trying to cause problems.

Good luck to all of you with your daycares, I have learned a lot from this forum.
How about just fixing this and moving on......you have apologized so now lets move forward
Live and Learn 11:22 AM 02-02-2012
I suspect that a person who chooses to sign in under three separate identities is really enjoying all of the attention they are receiving from this thread.

Reminds me to not reward the barking dog or tantruming two year old.

Idk, people are funny.
Daycaremomof2 11:28 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
well, I was going to stay completely out of this, but I can't.

If a person who regularly posts here wants to ask a question or vent anonymously, it seems like common courtesy to state

"I am a registered user, but would like to remain anonymous"

I have read that many times, and find it respectful. We may not be "real" friend in "real" life, but we are a support system, and should be as "real" as possible.
I wasn't a regular poster and was new to the forum so I was unaware of the common forum courtesies. This was my first forum, aside from the ones we did in college. It makes sense, I suppose, but why does it matter to say you are registered and would like to remain anonymous? I understand now, that's the way it's done, but why? Just curious.
melskids 11:30 AM 02-02-2012

Yes. I am being truthful. I would never post anything I don't want my daycare parents to know, or the rest of the world for that matter...on here, facebook, wherever.

And yes, If I have something to say to my parents, I say it. Whether its "i have a headache today..Im sorry, but I just couldn't handle little timmy's outbursts the way I should have" ( I JUST had this convo with a mom last week!) or "hey....eyes up here" I have no problem saying it.

And honestly, I dont get all the hoopalaa and upset. I mean, you have a username, and if you dont disclose any personal information, no one knows who you are anyway. Why flip flop back and forth between usernames or being unregistered?
Daycaremomof2 11:32 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I added the tag "forum terrorist".... It linked to OTHER threads like this. I did NOT make it up.

Get over yourself OP.... it was not a label on YOU. It was a TAG to other posts similar in nature...WOW.

I specifically wanted to find that thread with the "forum ettiquette" video.....and I vaguely recalled one from last year (or the year before?) that was pretty extreme. I think the State and Police were involved? Maybe someone can just add the links here if the TAG is so offensive... I can't find it.

The forum archives are the most interesting part of this forum to me.... the evolution of it all is fascinating. It had NOTHING to do with you, OP.
I would honestly like to see that forum etiquette post. I wonder why the police would be involved? I supposed if you were directly threatening or slandering someone that would make sense.

I don't know forum etiquette. I don't know that anyone can add that. I just saw a thread that I posted tagged with the word terrorist and it was offensive to me.
Cat Herder 11:38 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Daycaremomof2:
I would honestly like to see that forum etiquette post. I wonder why the police would be involved? I supposed if you were directly threatening or slandering someone that would make sense.

I don't know forum etiquette. I don't know that anyone can add that. I just saw a thread that I posted tagged with the word terrorist and it was offensive to me.
That I understand...

It was not intended that way... I will look for the threads and try to link them here under a different tag.

Here is the video until then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIyr5TXqe8Y
Heidi 11:40 AM 02-02-2012

Daycaremomof2 12:34 PM 02-02-2012
That I understand...

It was not intended that way... I will look for the threads and try to link them here under a different tag.

Thank you, much appreciated.
Heidi 12:40 PM 02-02-2012
That I understand...

I thought I'd watch it, too. Adorable!
Michael 12:52 PM 02-02-2012
Even though this thread is somewhat confrontational it is an interesting topic. The Daycare forum at times can be redundant and some personal interaction can expose some interesting mannerisms and expecations. I never understood what the smileys where for until I realized that words can sometimes be misunderstood and a simple smiley helps to clarify intentions.
Kaddidle Care 01:24 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
I suspect that a person who chooses to sign in under three separate identities is really enjoying all of the attention they are receiving from this thread.
I have been on forums where people have had actual conversations and arguments with themselves. I just wrote them off as mental.

I rarely look at the tags but yeah, forum terrorist isn't a very politically correct term. I hope they can be changed. Antagonist might be a better word - not that I'm labeling it as such either. Pot stirrer? That's a good one.. They might label a few of my posts as such. I'm good at it and admit it. hehe!

Michael - I'm so glad you get the smilies now. Can we PLEASE have some more?
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:26 PM 02-02-2012
Thank You daycaremomof2 for letting your true identity be known.

All is Forgiven and I have moved on.

Even though it really isnt your true identity IE: we dont know who you are, really and even what you look like and thats fine by me.

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES people, we all stir the ****, we all enjoy drama. That is just how we roll!

So lesson learned and we keep on supporting her decisions and help her with questions and problems, RIGHT LADIES????????
Cat Herder 01:28 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I rarely look at the tags but yeah, forum terrorist isn't a very politically correct term. :
I know.... It was a locked thread I was searching for...it won't let me add "politically correct" tags to bring it up... It was just the one I remembered from THAT thread.... It stood out as "memorable"... It has already been removed from this thread.

It is also under "forum question"... I JUST found it....

I am also supervising a cardboard derby race..... Muti-tasking is hard work....
Heidi 01:28 PM 02-02-2012
Thank You daycaremomof2 for letting your true identity be known.

All is Forgiven and I have moved on.

Even though it really isnt your true identity IE: we dont know who you are, really and even what you look like and thats fine by me.

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES people, we all stir the ****, we all enjoy drama. That is just how we roll!

So lesson learned and we keep on supporting her decisions and help her with questions and problems, RIGHT LADIES????????
yep, let's just move on!
Daycaremomof2 01:39 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Even though this thread is somewhat confrontational it is an interesting topic. The Daycare forum at times can be redundant and some personal interaction can expose some interesting mannerisms and expecations. I never understood what the smileys where for until I realized that words can sometimes be misunderstood and a simple smiley helps to clarify intentions.
A very good point indeed.
Daycaremomof2 01:44 PM 02-02-2012
Ok ladies... moving on.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your evenings, and the upcoming weekend in t-minus 1 day
nannyde 01:45 PM 02-02-2012
This is mostly for Lil'MissPeeps, since she's dying to know the real identity of the unregistered culprit: It's me Well, this is my "lame" sign in name, according to my dh- I changed it to a different one. Maybe I will reveal that sometime too

I responded to a few of you via unregistered, but I see that the moderators have yet to approve what I have said. I hope that they post it, because I stand by every single word that I said in them, and I think there is a lot of value to be gained by everyone.

Gosh, I said that I was done with this forum but its just so interesting

I did want to add this to to my unregistered posts that have not yet been moderator approved as I just noticed that this thread was tagged with the word “forum terrorist,” and that struck a big note to me, especially since I lost a family member in a real terrorist attack on 9/11. That is a very serious word and should not be taken lightly, so this post is probably the first angry post that I have ever done on a forum, and hopefully, the last. I need to vent.

Terrorist? Really? That is what you call someone different from yourselves who asks pertinent questions that are directly related to forum material?

A mother, wife, daycare provider, and upstanding citizen of the United States has just been labeled a “forum terrorist,” why again? For having 2 user names and posting unregistered? I HAVE NEVER INSULTED ANYONE! MY ORIGINAL QUESTIONS WERE REAL QUESTIONS! I CREATED THIS THREAD AS AN APOLOGY FOR UPSETTING YOU AND EXPLAINED MYSELF! –And you tag it with the words forum terrorist? That is uncalled for and unfair.

I will provide some definitions to educate you on the word terrorist:

ter•ror•ist
   ˈtɛr ər ɪstShow Spelled[ter-er-ist]
noun
a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

(Have any of you felt frightened or terrorized about me asking how you can be on the internet while doing childcare, or about taking a cat nap while the kids are asleep)?

ter•ror•ism
   ˈtɛr əˌrɪz əmShow Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uh m] Show IPA
noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

(Has there been any use of violence for political purposes)? I, however, have felt intimidated and bullied by some of these posts, that directly attacked me and called me names, which I never did to you.

I am starting to believe that this forum is controlled by a very small group of people who bully others with conflicting viewpoints from their own; you say that you welcome me to stay on this forum, but tag my thread as "forum terrorist." That's a little conflicting, and it feels like crap, honestly.

And yes, calling someone a forum terrorist when they havn’t had any mal-intent whatsoever is a form of cyber-bullying. Tracking someone's IP address, and letting them know that they are being watched is also a form of bullying. I feel threatened and slightly unnerved, even if that wasn't the original intention.

People have a right to free speech. I should be able to say whatever I want to say in whatever manner I want to say it is. This is the United States America- not the United States of the Daycare Forum Moderators. And I know that was "snarky," but so is calling me a forum terrorist when all I wanted to do was gather information, so let's just call that even.

So now unregistered posters who also have a username and have changed it, and who post things about naps, the internet, etc, are “forum terrorists.”

Wow. Thank goodness our government isn’t run like this forum. Some of you have no respect for anybody else's personalities or ways of life.

I am not the unregistered poster attacking NannyDe, or any of that other crap that mean, rude people try to pull.

Sorry so long, but it really struck a nerve to see my explanation of my posts and apology for incidentally bothering anyone with my multiple usernames tagged with the word "terrorist" in it. That is just awful, and it is really an insult to the victims of real terrorism. Thank you for bringing up horrific, sad, old memories of the awful terrorist attack on our country, because you don't agree with me. Wow.
I would have rather you written a long post about your two usernames and two unregistered names that have completely different information on them than read many many paragraphs about the word terrorism and your story of your family member dying in 9/11

Why don't you tell us that story? Tell us WHO died in 9/11 and how they are related to you. Do fifteen paragraphs of THAT.

Sorry but this looks just like what my son does when he's been BUSTED. He spends three seconds about what he did and goes on and on and on about what everyone else did.

Your postings are a prime example of why readers should ALWAYS take into consideration that the person posting is completely faking their education, experience, situation, and relationship to child care. There's a chance they don't even DO child care, they have little or no experience, and little or no education. Just because someone SAYS it doesn't mean they are coming from a pure place.

You have taught us that.

Be offended about the tag and I'll be offended about your usernames and stories. How bout that? Some of us have deep respect for daycare.com and don't like seeing it being used as a playground of lies.
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:46 PM 02-02-2012
Ok ladies... moving on.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your evenings, and the upcoming weekend in t-minus 1 day
Thank you and I hope you do too. One more day..... One more day.......
greenhouse 04:00 PM 02-02-2012
Nannyde has got it right...
Heidi 05:07 PM 02-02-2012
I would have rather you written a long post about your two usernames and two unregistered names that have completely different information on them than read many many paragraphs about the word terrorism and your story of your family member dying in 9/11

Why don't you tell us that story? Tell us WHO died in 9/11 and how they are related to you. Do fifteen paragraphs of THAT.

Sorry but this looks just like what my son does when he's been BUSTED. He spends three seconds about what he did and goes on and on and on about what everyone else did.

Your postings are a prime example of why readers should ALWAYS take into consideration that the person posting is completely faking their education, experience, situation, and relationship to child care. There's a chance they don't even DO child care, they have little or no experience, and little or no education. Just because someone SAYS it doesn't mean they are coming from a pure place.

You have taught us that.

Be offended about the tag and I'll be offended about your usernames and stories. How bout that? Some of us have deep respect for daycare.com and don't like seeing it being used as a playground of lies.
Nanny-your not just going to let her off the hook are you?
Bet your little man at home doesn't get away with a dang thing!
Daycaremomof2 05:54 PM 02-02-2012

You have taught us that.

You have got to be kidding me. Everything was resolved, and everyone was ready to move on, and you just had to get your last 2 cents in. Very mature.

You are wrong about your assumptions. This post has nothing to do with you.

I was a supporter of your forum celebrity status, but I just lost a lot of respect for you. Not that you care, and not that I care about you either. I did explain the different user names- perhaps if you read all of the previous posts you would have the answers to your questions. You did take the time to read everything, right?

Your response is just plain ugly.

You think I lied about my education huh? Hilarious. You think my 2 undergraduate degrees and masters are phony. And you are now attacking my deceased family members. Seriously? Where I come from, that is called being a hater. I don't have to justify my education to you. Grow up.

I think you are very self-righteous. That's fine, best of luck to you lady, I hope it carries you far in life. I would love for you to say something pertinent and intelligent concerning the entire conversation; instead, you just had to kick dirt and stir up trouble after everything was resolved. Frankly, I am disappointed, I held you in a higher regard.
nannyde 04:45 AM 02-03-2012
You have got to be kidding me. Everything was resolved, and everyone was ready to move on, and you just had to get your last 2 cents in. Very mature.

You are wrong about your assumptions. This post has nothing to do with you.

I was a supporter of your forum celebrity status, but I just lost a lot of respect for you. Not that you care, and not that I care about you either. I did explain the different user names- perhaps if you read all of the previous posts you would have the answers to your questions. You did take the time to read everything, right?

Your response is just plain ugly.

You think I lied about my education huh? Hilarious. You think my 2 undergraduate degrees and masters are phony. And you are now attacking my deceased family members. Seriously? Where I come from, that is called being a hater. I don't have to justify my education to you. Grow up.

I think you are very self-righteous. That's fine, best of luck to you lady, I hope it carries you far in life. I would love for you to say something pertinent and intelligent concerning the entire conversation; instead, you just had to kick dirt and stir up trouble after everything was resolved. Frankly, I am disappointed, I held you in a higher regard.
Nothing was resolved. You just gave some lame explanations and a couple of people accepted them.

You realize now that we can see ALL your posts from both usernames and every single one of your unregistered posts where you pose as completely different people. You didn't know that before you did it but you do now.

I appreciate your statement of support but I can't figure out which one of you is supporting me. There's so many after all.

Quit disrespecting this board. There are a number of us on here who have devoted a lot of time and personal resources to build this up to the biggest, baddest, most content rich daycare board on the net. Nobody is even CLOSE to daycare.com Respect our work and respect us. Quit messing around with us. We don't like it.
Daycaremomof2 05:20 AM 02-03-2012
I asked questions relating to daycare on this forum.

Who cares if I asked those questions under different names?

They were valid questions. I got good information and answers.

Just because the method of asking them is not the same method that you use does not make my questions any less valid.

Please respect others' individuality.
countrymom 05:45 AM 02-03-2012

You have taught us that.

ha, I agree, you should really say what you want to say. I think it was wrong on so many levels, its like we were players in your game, thats not fun or cool. We come here to look for advice, to vent, to hang around our "water cooler" but it feels like you were mocking us, and it does hurt our feelings. And you want to move on, I'm not sure how many will trust your input. Oh, I can usually tell who's who by the way they write.
nannyde 05:54 AM 02-03-2012
I asked questions relating to daycare on this forum.

Who cares if I asked those questions under different names?

They were valid questions. I got good information and answers.

Just because the method of asking them is not the same method that you use does not make my questions any less valid.

Please respect others' individuality.
No you didn't.

I can respect indiduality when the individuality comes from one person not five with different stories to intertwine within their questions. You have two usernames AT THE SAME TIME and posted as a bunch of different people with stories as unregistered.

You really want us to post all of your "valid questions"? We can. We can show how you are posing as a parent who has a child in child care and THAT day received an email thru your provider. We can show you as a provider who just started in april or a provider who has had a kid for a year. We can show you as the parent of two or the parent of three. We can show you TTC and being pregnant with twins. You are in Ohio ... you are in California. We can show you as the SVP to a bank and a person with three degrees. We can show you answering your own questions.

Want more?

Your words like "devil's advocate" and "methodology" don't fly with me. They are just words to use instead of admitting that you lied and deceived. You think this is over because a couple of people said "ok" to you but what you don't realize is that the moderators on this board have been watching you for a while and we can all see all of your actions.

Listen to me. Stop it. Admit what you have done and quit putting words onto it and embellishing it. If you really are a child care provider then pick a dang username and post. If you have stuff you want to know and don't want it under your username then post unregistered and clarify that you are a user but want this one off of your username.

All the foot stomping you are doing is making this worse. You have been busted... caught... outed. You got got. So just suck it up and move on and do better tomorrow.

If you want to learn this craft then stick around... READ THE ARCHIVES ... and ask real questions. We don't need drama fortified questions to be able to answer them. Just ask real questions and you will most often get a great answer. If you don't get what you want... go back to the archives.
countrymom 06:18 AM 02-03-2012
No you didn't.

I can respect indiduality when the individuality comes from one person not five with different stories to intertwine within their questions. You have two usernames AT THE SAME TIME and posted as a bunch of different people with stories as unregistered.

You really want us to post all of your "valid questions"? We can. We can show how you are posing as a parent who has a child in child care and THAT day received an email thru your provider. We can show you as a provider who just started in april or a provider who has had a kid for a year. We can show you as the parent of two or the parent of three. We can show you TTC and being pregnant with twins. You are in Ohio ... you are in California. We can show you as the SVP to a bank and a person with three degrees. We can show you answering your own questions.

Want more?

Your words like "devil's advocate" and "methodology" don't fly with me. They are just words to use instead of admitting that you lied and deceived. You think this is over because a couple of people said "ok" to you but what you don't realize is that the moderators on this board have been watching you for a while and we can all see all of your actions.

Listen to me. Stop it. Admit what you have done and quit putting words onto it and embellishing it. If you really are a child care provider then pick a dang username and post. If you have stuff you want to know and don't want it under your username then post unregistered and clarify that you are a user but want this one off of your username.

All the foot stomping you are doing is making this worse. You have been busted... caught... outed. You got got. So just suck it up and move on and do better tomorrow.

If you want to learn this craft then stick around... READ THE ARCHIVES ... and ask real questions. We don't need drama fortified questions to be able to answer them. Just ask real questions and you will most often get a great answer. If you don't get what you want... go back to the archives.
you go girl!! you said it way better than i can.
Heidi 06:23 AM 02-03-2012
Thank you, Nan! You don't mince words, something I appreciate about you. I don't buy most of what she said anymore either. That's the problem when one is caught lying. No one knows what the truth is anymore!

This whole thing is starting to remind me of my 22 yo niece. She has unpaid parking tickets, unpaid speeding tickets, and all sorts of money problems. She has now been served with 2 warrants because of this.

It is everyone ELSE's fault, although no one is allowed to give her advice. I have yet to hear her once say that she the whole mess is her own doing.

Like OP, she cannot take responsibility, make it right, and move on. Instead, she uses excuses and blame and lies to continue the same behavior.

I was going to try to let it go, but it seems to me that OP is STILL trying to explain and excuse, not trying to say "hey, I messed up, and I'm sorry". THE END.
JenNJ 06:33 AM 02-03-2012
Do you actually think we care who you really are? We don't. Just post as a provider (if you are one) or as a parent. Or go away. I don't care if you are a 75 year old man in his underpants asking for advice on the baby racoons in your small animal daycare. Just pick ONE personality and go with it. Stop arguing with yourself in posts. That is just weird. Really weird.

And realize that the mods are doing you a favor by not banning you completely. Stop arguing with them. You are like a bratty kid right now who has been caught red-handed but keeps making excuses. Stand up tall, apologize, and stop being a weirdo.
Crystal 06:39 AM 02-03-2012
Why is this so controversial? I get that she posted under different names. I get that people don't like it. What I don't get is why she is being blasted when she came here, explained herself, revealed her identity, and apologized.

Seems some people cannot live without drama in their lives, and even feel the need to create it when they aren't getting enough in their daily diet

DCMto2, please post ethically from now on. Otherwise, welcome to the froum and I hope you find all of the answers you are looking for.
Sunshine44 06:45 AM 02-03-2012
I have stayed out of this one so far, but have to say GO NAN!
greenhouse 07:14 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Do you actually think we care who you really are? We don't. Just post as a provider (if you are one) or as a parent. Or go away. I don't care if you are a 75 year old man in his underpants asking for advice on the baby racoons in your small animal daycare. Just pick ONE personality and go with it. Stop arguing with yourself in posts. That is just weird. Really weird.

And realize that the mods are doing you a favor by not banning you completely. Stop arguing with them. You are like a bratty kid right now who has been caught red-handed but keeps making excuses. Stand up tall, apologize, and stop being a weirdo.
LOL baby raccoons
But yeah this!
Crystal 07:58 AM 02-03-2012
As an FYI to mods.....and I realize this is not the case with THIS unregistered user, as she has admitted to posting as different people....

An IP addy does not neccessarily mean it is the same person. IP's are for regions/areas. So, you can have hundreds of people using the same IP address. I just checked on my site and I have members from Oregon who are on an IP that is based in Denver. So, you don't really know WHERE they are located.

On another note, for those of you who do come here and post unregistered and are regular members as well, be careful what you post under unregistered.....you never know if a Mod is checking up on you.....and since we don't REALLY know the mods, or even who all of them are, they COULD use your info against you.
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
As an FYI to mods.....and I realize this is not the case with THIS unregistered user, as she has admitted to posting as different people....

An IP addy does not neccessarily mean it is the same person. IP's are for regions/areas. So, you can have hundreds of people using the same IP address. I just checked on my site and I have members from Oregon who are on an IP that is based in Denver. So, you don't really know WHERE they are located.

On another note, for those of you who do come here and post unregistered and are regular members as well, be careful what you post under unregistered.....you never know if a Mod is checking up on you.....and since we don't REALLY know the mods, or even who all of them are, they COULD use your info against you.
You are absolutely right Crystal. Which is why the OP was privately contacted when there was a question/concern. No one outed her or posted anything on the forum for anyone see or know about that gave her away.

The OP choose to go "public" and out herself.

I guess I am not understanding your last comment.... why would mods "check up" on unregistered posters or use info against them?

I think people, in general, should all be aware of what they are posting (both anonymously and as registered) since internet is PUBLIC. If someone is doing nothing wrong, then they have zero to be worried about.

It is only when someone is practicing to deceive that the weave that wicked web.
nannyde 08:25 AM 02-03-2012

Of course the mods can "check up on you". You do this on your site. You blocked me from your site. You have blocked other people I know from your site.

There HAS to be a check and balance system on these boards. You use it on yours. You don't want people like me.. or me specifically... reading your board or participating. You have a darn good reason for it too.

There has to be a check and balance system and with a board THIS big it has to be done by a handfull of volunteers. If the volunteers make a decision that doesn't work for the owner then it will be reversed. You are in a good spot on your board that you and only you get to decide but your board is way smaller than this board. It really can't be done singlehandedly here.
MyAngels 08:43 AM 02-03-2012
Just so long as the mods don't let their power go to their heads I think we'll be ok

Of course the mods can "check up on you". You do this on your site. You blocked me from your site. You have blocked other people I know from your site.
So that's why I was never able to register at her site. Hmm.
Crystal 08:50 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Just so long as the mods don't let their power go to their heads I think we'll be ok

So that's why I was never able to register at her site. Hmm.
Nah. I didn't know you tried. Did you use the same username, cuz I would have approved you?
Crystal 08:52 AM 02-03-2012

There HAS to be a check and balance system on these boards. You use it on yours. You don't want people like me.. or me specifically... reading your board or participating. You have a darn good reason for it too.

There has to be a check and balance system and with a board THIS big it has to be done by a handfull of volunteers. If the volunteers make a decision that doesn't work for the owner then it will be reversed. You are in a good spot on your board that you and only you get to decide but your board is way smaller than this board. It really can't be done singlehandedly here.
I agree. There does need to be a checks and balances system. However, when you use it to be rude and condescending to others, it is innapropriate.

FYI....I closed my forum to guests, and only approve members I want because I have been friends with this small group of women for about 7 years, and they/I post some fairly personal stuff as friends, I don't want it public for your average jo blow to read.
nannyde 10:19 AM 02-03-2012
I agree. There does need to be a checks and balances system. However, when you use it to be rude and condescending to others, it is innapropriate.

FYI....I closed my forum to guests, and only approve members I want because I have been friends with this small group of women for about 7 years, and they/I post some fairly personal stuff as friends, I don't want it public for your average jo blow to read.
Yeah I remember you closing it when I quoted something from your site that contradicted what you were saying in a post.

I don't have a problem with that... your site your rules.

What's rude is using us as test rats to try out her "theory" of different reactions if she poses as different people in different circumstances. What's condescending is her expecting us to believe it.
Daycaremomof2 10:52 AM 02-03-2012
No you didn't.

Want more?

Stop blowing things out of proportion. Grow up. Get real. This is a daycare forum. I asked daycare questions. I wanted daycare information. Each time you post something you make everything sound worse and worse than reality. Get things in perspective. You don't like my questions or posts- ok I get it, but get over it. I got the information I needed. Isn't that the purpose of this forum- information? This isn't facebook people.

Again- I was searching for information. I apologize that you do not understand the methodology behind the search. I started this thread to let whomever it bothered know that I was apologetic, and I admitted to the things that I said so that it was out in the open. I even tried to drop it and move on, and told everyone to enjoy the rest of their week. I made several attempts to be the bigger person. YOU are the one who will not stop it. Let it go.

I am sorry that you do not understand the words devil's advocate and methodology. I understand that the overall concept may be difficult to comprehend. You have probably never been exposed to the scientific method before. You have probably never conducted you own cognitive research laboratory before either, nor have you statistically analyzed empiracle evidence, nor have you done any type of research study of any kind. Your words are a reflection of your lack of understanding concerning my methodology, and I don't blame you for your ignorance. Let me provide an analogy that you might understand: it's like asking an infant to start potty training- they just can't do it, and don't understand the overall goal quite yet. You can't blame them for that.

I'm sorry that it seems so out of the ordinary to have a double major undergraduate degree and a master's degree; where I am from, that is very typical. I'm sorry that you couldn't help yourself but to be childish and make more rude comments after my initial apology, and I'm sorry that I feel cornered to even have to say these things to you. I'm sorry that, after I said all is forgotton and let's move on, that you just have to keep flapping your gums.

I'm sorry that you can't let it go, and I'm sorry that reading this post right now is probably the highlight of your day. I bet you can't wait to come back with some facetious, self-righteous comment, with your gaggle of followers begging for the scraps from your table while cheering you on. I'm sorry that you feel the need to read and re-read all of my posts. Do you not have anything better to do? If they bothered you so much initially why do you keep reading them? Are you masochistic?

And I'm sorry that people are actually buying all of your crap. Sure, you have lots of great daycare ideas, that's your niche, and for that I applaud you. But you have become extremely narcissistic; as I am willing to bet the farm that this isn't the first forum squabble you have been a part of. Your continual pattern of forum squabbles throughout time with a variety of different people are clearly indicative of some sort of superiority complex. You're just dying to jump in the ring, aren't you? That's called a lack of inhibitory behavior control- you just can't help yourself can you? I challenge you NOT to respond to this anymore and just drop it. Can you do it? Maybe one of your many followers will grab the reins, and pick up where you left off?

I also understand that you took information from my PRIVATE IP address, as well as my PRIVATE profile, like my home state, and chose to disclose that in this PUBLIC thread. Is that even legal? Are mods allowed to post your private information? Clearly I chose to mask my home state for liability purposes, and here you are disclosing it to the world. Isn't there a privacy policy about this somewhere or no? If that is in fact allowed, then I will make sure to make it a point to spread the word about the integrity and privacy of this particular daycare forum, and let everyone know that you disclose private information publicly.

What an abuse of power. Pulling information from a person's private profile and publishing it on a public forum for your own vainglorious personal gain.

The Mod Gods have gone too far. What kind of a dictatorship is this?

Can we PLEASE all just move on, or do you have some more redundant, half-thought out words to spew? I am sick of this, however I will continue to defend myself if you continue to attack me. I was only attempting to gain information.

I beseech you.... again.... drop it and let's move on.
busymommy0420 11:03 AM 02-03-2012
This thread reminds me of my teenage son and my heated discussions...Who will get the last word? And will it ever end???

I have enjoyed this online soap opera but hope everyone can have forgiveness and love in their hearts and remember daycare is about the children and getting this heated online has to have some effect on our moods at home.

Peace & Love to all!
Daycaremomof2 11:05 AM 02-03-2012
One last thing:

Many of my so called "controversial" threads have received over a thousand views in a matter of days, and have more than 1 page of responses.

Clearly the people are interested in the topics that I have posted, and knowledge has been gained.

Maybe that is a good thing
daycare 11:09 AM 02-03-2012
One last thing:

Many of my so called "controversial" threads have received over a thousand views in a matter of days, and have more than 1 page of responses.

Clearly the people are interested in the topics that I have posted, and knowledge has been gained.

Maybe that is a good thing
ummmm seriously can you just keep your word and DROP IT!!!! MOVE ON.............

BTW I have only read your last post that said you were moving on. The only reason i even know about this whole mess is because I am also a moderator and was informed by the other mods as well...
My3cents 11:15 AM 02-03-2012
Stop blowing things out of proportion. Grow up. Get real. This is a daycare forum. I asked daycare questions. I wanted daycare information. Each time you post something you make everything sound worse and worse than reality. Get things in perspective. You don't like my questions or posts- ok I get it, but get over it. I got the information I needed. Isn't that the purpose of this forum- information? This isn't facebook people.

Again- I was searching for information. I apologize that you do not understand the methodology behind the search. I started this thread to let whomever it bothered know that I was apologetic, and I admitted to the things that I said so that it was out in the open. I even tried to drop it and move on, and told everyone to enjoy the rest of their week. I made several attempts to be the bigger person. YOU are the one who will not stop it. Let it go.

I am sorry that you do not understand the words devil's advocate and methodology. I understand that the overall concept may be difficult to comprehend. You have probably never been exposed to the scientific method before. You have probably never conducted you own cognitive research laboratory before either, nor have you statistically analyzed empiracle evidence, nor have you done any type of research study of any kind. Your words are a reflection of your lack of understanding concerning my methodology, and I don't blame you for your ignorance. Let me provide an analogy that you might understand: it's like asking an infant to start potty training- they just can't do it, and don't understand the overall goal quite yet. You can't blame them for that.

I'm sorry that it seems so out of the ordinary to have a double major undergraduate degree and a master's degree; where I am from, that is very typical. I'm sorry that you couldn't help yourself but to be childish and make more rude comments after my initial apology, and I'm sorry that I feel cornered to even have to say these things to you. I'm sorry that, after I said all is forgotton and let's move on, that you just have to keep flapping your gums.

I'm sorry that you can't let it go, and I'm sorry that reading this post right now is probably the highlight of your day. I bet you can't wait to come back with some facetious, self-righteous comment, with your gaggle of followers begging for the scraps from your table while cheering you on. I'm sorry that you feel the need to read and re-read all of my posts. Do you not have anything better to do? If they bothered you so much initially why do you keep reading them? Are you masochistic?

And I'm sorry that people are actually buying all of your crap. Sure, you have lots of great daycare ideas, that's your niche, and for that I applaud you. But you have become extremely narcissistic; as I am willing to bet the farm that this isn't the first forum squabble you have been a part of. Your continual pattern of forum squabbles throughout time with a variety of different people are clearly indicative of some sort of superiority complex. You're just dying to jump in the ring, aren't you? That's called a lack of inhibitory behavior control- you just can't help yourself can you? I challenge you NOT to respond to this anymore and just drop it. Can you do it? Maybe one of your many followers will grab the reins, and pick up where you left off?

I also understand that you took information from my PRIVATE IP address, as well as my PRIVATE profile, like my home state, and chose to disclose that in this PUBLIC thread. Is that even legal? Are mods allowed to post your private information? Clearly I chose to mask my home state for liability purposes, and here you are disclosing it to the world. Isn't there a privacy policy about this somewhere or no? If that is in fact allowed, then I will make sure to make it a point to spread the word about the integrity and privacy of this particular daycare forum, and let everyone know that you disclose private information publicly.

What an abuse of power. Pulling information from a person's private profile and publishing it on a public forum for your own vainglorious personal gain.

Can we PLEASE all just move on, or do you have some more redundant, half-thought out words to spew? I am sick of this, however I will continue to defend myself if you continue to attack me. I was only attempting to gain information.

you sound nuts.......drop it and move on. This is a waste and beyond childish. I feel like I went to the forum, but got lossed and found the coo coo farm instead-

In all seriousness it might be time for meds or a med adjustment- not kidding
Daycaremomof2 11:17 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
you sound nuts.......drop it and move on. This is a waste and beyond childish. I feel like I went to the forum, but got lossed and found the coo coo farm instead-

In all seriousness it might be time for meds or a med adjustment- not kidding
Yet here you are, taking time out of your day to respond. Who is really the one needing medication? If you dont want to get lost, I suggest you press the back button on your browser and read another thread.
Daycaremomof2 11:18 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
ummmm seriously can you just keep your word and DROP IT!!!! MOVE ON.............
I have no problem doing that, but I will defend myself each and every time someone attacks me.

I will say nothing more on this thread ever again if none of you do.
Michael 11:27 AM 02-03-2012
I've PM'd several of you and would like everyone to move on. FYI, only an Admin can view/change/delete an account. We have monderators on this forum and they do not have access to anyone's account. I am the Admin.
nannyde 11:28 AM 02-03-2012

You put the states out there not us. Do you need a link to those posts? I don't even know where you live because the information you gave us is different depending on what post you look at.

Whatever education you claim is on you. I can prove my degree and I can prove that I'm a Registered Nurse. My name is Tori Fees. I went to Grand View College in Des Moines Iowa and graduated in 1983 with a BSN (which by the way included research and statistics as part of the core curriculum). I live in Des Moines Iowa and I have a current nursing license. Feel free to look me up if you don't believe.

You can call your deceit information gathering or you can call it fluffy white rabbits. It's just words and we know it. Bottom line is that you pretended to be a number of different people with a number of different stories and you got got.

Have some respect for this board and the hard work we have put into it to make it the greatest resource on the net for all things day care. Getting view counts is great but what the numbers reflect are views of a wrong done on an unsuspecting group of women who are doing a great community service by providing free information and helping those in need of real advice. We don't need to be tricked into giving it... we do it because we dig what we do, we care about each other, and we kids.

Those of us who are standing up to your ruse are doing it because we love this place and it means a lot to us. We all built this archive.. this treasure trove of information... and we are going to protect it.
Sugar Magnolia 11:38 AM 02-03-2012
I've PM'd several of you and would like everyone to move on. FYI, only an Admin can view/change/delete an account. We have monderators on this forum and they do not have access to anyone's account. I am the Admin.
Thank You Michael! This thread gave me heartburn.
iheartkids 11:44 AM 02-03-2012
Wow, kind of feeling like Daycaremomof2 could use SOMEONE on her side. I also have 2 registered names because after I registered I decided I didn't like that part of my name was in my username AND I have posted as unregistered before. Mainly my reason for this is because I was worried about other providers in my area figuring out who I was and using any info I write about as a way to judge or critique me. To me part of the nice thing about getting online to find advice is the anonymity of it. I have friends that are also providers, but I come here when I'm too embarrassed to ask them the questions or I want to vent and I don't want to bother my real friends with that.
Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm watching a playground fight (like 2 against 30). I haven't even read what she wrote but the reaction is a major turn off. People are calling her names and just going off. Why do they not have to follow the "RESPECT" rule?
Michael 11:45 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by iheartkids:
Wow, kind of feeling like Daycaremomof2 could use SOMEONE on her side. I also have 2 registered names because after I registered I decided I didn't like that part of my name was in my username AND I have posted as unregistered before. Mainly my reason for this is because I was worried about other providers in my area figuring out who I was and using any info I write about as a way to judge or critique me. To me part of the nice thing about getting online to find advice is the anonymity of it. I have friends that are also providers, but I come here when I'm too embarrassed to ask them the questions or I want to vent and I don't want to bother my real friends with that.
Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm watching a playground fight (like 2 against 30). I haven't even read what she wrote but the reaction is a major turn off. People are calling her names and just going off. Why do they not have to follow the "RESPECT" rule?
I can always change your username if you'd like. PM me.
Michael 11:48 AM 02-03-2012
BYW, I see one of you is in Invisible mode. How did you do that and what does it do? I obviously am still learning how to use this forum.
Blackcat31 11:53 AM 02-03-2012
BYW, I see one of you is in Invisible mode. How did you do that and what does it do? I obviously am still learning how to use this forum.
Other Setting and Options https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph...l&titlesonly=0
Daycaremomof2 11:57 AM 02-03-2012
You put the states out there not us. Do you need a link to those posts? I don't even know where you live because the information you gave us is different depending on what post you look at.

Whatever education you claim is on you. I can prove my degree and I can prove that I'm a Registered Nurse. My name is Tori Fees. I went to Grand View College in Des Moines Iowa and graduated in 1983 with a BSN (which by the way included research and statistics as part of the core curriculum). I live in Des Moines Iowa and I have a current nursing license. Feel free to look me up if you don't believe.

You can call your deceit information gathering or you can call it fluffy white rabbits. It's just words and we know it. Bottom line is that you pretended to be a number of different people with a number of different stories and you got got.

Have some respect for this board and the hard work we have put into it to make it the greatest resource on the net for all things day care. Getting view counts is great but what the numbers reflect are views of a wrong done on an unsuspecting group of women who are doing a great community service by providing free information and helping those in need of real advice. We don't need to be tricked into giving it... we do it because we dig what we do, we care about each other, and we kids.

Those of us who are standing up to your ruse are doing it because we love this place and it means a lot to us. We all built this archive.. this treasure trove of information... and we are going to protect it.
Yes, I am a multifaceted individual, what can I say.

Again, I defend myself that I have done nothing wrong, and that I was just trying to gather information. I changed my user name one time, and never reverted back to the original usage (until this thread), after I changed it. I posted unregistered for anonymity, due to what I felt was a sensitive topic. Please stop attacking me so that I can stop having to defend myself.
Daycaremomof2 11:59 AM 02-03-2012

And before you type your next redundant response:

Blasting out your real name and where you from and where you live does not make you brave or smart. It is quite stupid, frankly.
Michael 12:06 PM 02-03-2012
Daycaremomof2, did you get my PM?
Tags:drama, etiquette, forum cycle, forum question, internet, members, unregistered posters
Closed Thread Up