Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So.. Was I in The Wrong?!?
Provider_Manda 08:52 AM 01-06-2016
Ok so I have a dcb who's potty trained but been having accidents a lot. Today while in the busiest time of the morning he peed all over my couch while he was wide awake. Well venting I put a pic on fb of my pee soaked couch with the #daycarelife, and said this is why we will never have new furniture till I have a new career. Not once was the child disclosed, no age nothing. Well dcm seen it and texted me asking if he peed. I didn't lie and said yes. Well about an hour later her mother shows up to pick up the child. So, what should I do? I know she is mad or she would not have had her mom pick him up without letting me know. 😔😩
Annalee 08:56 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
Ok so I have a dcb who's potty trained but been having accidents a lot. Today while in the busiest time of the morning he peed all over my couch while he was wide awake. Well venting I put a pic on fb of my pee soaked couch with the #daycarelife, and said this is why we will never have new furniture till I have a new career. Not once was the child disclosed, no age nothing. Well dcm seen it and texted me asking if he peed. I didn't lie and said yes. Well about an hour later her mother shows up to pick up the child. So, what should I do? I know she is mad or she would not have had her mom pick him up without letting me know. ����
Just another reason I don't like FB. My sil post things all the time without names but we all know who she is talking about. NO, I don't do FB but I have family members who will call and ask who my sil is mad at now? It is not hard to read between the lines. FWIW, I feel FB can come back to haunt us, just as it did you but just chalk it up to a lesson learned.
Leigh 09:17 AM 01-06-2016
Ok so I have a dcb who's potty trained but been having accidents a lot. Today while in the busiest time of the morning he peed all over my couch while he was wide awake. Well venting I put a pic on fb of my pee soaked couch with the #daycarelife, and said this is why we will never have new furniture till I have a new career. Not once was the child disclosed, no age nothing. Well dcm seen it and texted me asking if he peed. I didn't lie and said yes. Well about an hour later her mother shows up to pick up the child. So, what should I do? I know she is mad or she would not have had her mom pick him up without letting me know. 😔😩
Let her be mad. A child who has accidents a lot isn't potty trained. She should recognize that-the kid should have been in a diaper.
Josiegirl 09:17 AM 01-06-2016
Well you most likely don't want it to become the elephant in the room, so to speak. I'd probably call dcm and talk with her, to clear the air, apologize for posting the picture but also let her know that her ds isn't the only child to have ever done this( tell her to imagine what her ds did times many many over the course of your daycare career) and it was posted in a moment of frustration. Hopefully she'll see how things like that can make us feel. With that said, I think I'd keep business/personal separated, especially on places like FB, where as someone said it can turn on us in a heart beat!
Josiegirl 09:20 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Let her be mad. A child who has accidents a lot isn't potty trained. She should recognize that-the kid should have been in a diaper.
While I agree with what you said, I feel a lot of the allowance of wearing undies is placed upon the provider. If a dck is having many accidents, you're right they're not trained. But OP might have wanted to keep dck in pull-ups. JMO
finsup 09:21 AM 01-06-2016
Apologize. Explain you were venting (and perhaps that you deal with potty training accidents a lot so its not just "her" kid) and tell her it won't happen again. Because really, it shouldn't. I feel like Facebook is really not the place to vent about work (any work/job). It never looks professional and well, it can come back to haunt you.
I do get it though...stuff like that can be incredibly frustrating and when we typically work alone its hard not to vent on social media. Some days I really want to...but, in the end I don't. My husband gets an earful some days though lol.
Annalee 09:21 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
He may should have been in a diaper, but posting "no new furniture till I get a new career" can sound like the provider doesn't like her job leading to losing more kids. Just my opinion, but FB is not the place to air dirty laundry for the public to see. Again, just my opinion
Provider_Manda 09:37 AM 01-06-2016
Well my intentions was never to upset. Did I mean what I posted about furniture.. Absolutely! Do I get tired of my home being ran and destroyed by others children.. Yep! But I still provide a safe, clean and loving environment. I texted and apologized for any hurt feelings, and that's all I can do. Not having any other way to communicate other than social media is hard. I was frustrated and just needed to let it out. Post was taken down not long after it was up. So we shall see.
Thriftylady 09:38 AM 01-06-2016
I can't say if it was wrong or not, I am just not sure. But I try to never post anything like that. If I do it is in private groups, but even then I am careful. There is so much that can be wrong when posting something like that. Written word comes across much differently than spoken word, you loose tone of voice, facial expressions and such. So something that you meant one way can easily be taken another.
Play Care 09:43 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Apologize. Explain you were venting (and perhaps that you deal with potty training accidents a lot so its not just "her" kid) and tell her it won't happen again. Because really, it shouldn't. I feel like Facebook is really not the place to vent about work (any work/job). It never looks professional and well, it can come back to haunt you.
I do get it though...stuff like that can be incredibly frustrating and when we typically work alone its hard not to vent on social media. Some days I really want to...but, in the end I don't. My husband gets an earful some days though lol.
This.
Josiegirl 09:46 AM 01-06-2016
Well my intentions was never to upset. Did I mean what I posted about furniture.. Absolutely! Do I get tired of my home being ran and destroyed by others children.. Yep! But I still provide a safe, clean and loving environment. I texted and apologized for any hurt feelings, and that's all I can do. Not having any other way to communicate other than social media is hard. I was frustrated and just needed to let it out. Post was taken down not long after it was up. So we shall see.
I'll bet there isn't one of us here who wouldn't agree with what you're saying. It definitely does a number on our homes and furnishings. I vent to friends/family but not where dcfs can see. I remember spending the whole weekend painting my entire living room, it looked so nice and I had worked hard on it. By 9 that Monday a.m. one of the dcks had made several dings in the wall by throwing blocks. I was so mad. The same dcb made a hole the size of a half dollar in my kitchen wall(I had put him there in TO). I'm very glad he's no longer here.
Thriftylady 09:55 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I'll bet there isn't one of us here who wouldn't agree with what you're saying. It definitely does a number on our homes and furnishings. I vent to friends/family but not where dcfs can see. I remember spending the whole weekend painting my entire living room, it looked so nice and I had worked hard on it. By 9 that Monday a.m. one of the dcks had made several dings in the wall by throwing blocks. I was so mad. The same dcb made a hole the size of a half dollar in my kitchen wall(I had put him there in TO). I'm very glad he's no longer here.
Yes we all understand that for sure! But parents don't understand it. They see their kids only, they have no idea what a group can do! They often have no idea how one kid can get a whole group acting nuts! And many parents get their feelings hurt easily when you are talking about their child. I find it is better to vent in places with other providers (such as the members only forum here), that way I get my venting out but the parents should never see it. So I guess the lesson is just be more careful where you vent.
laundrymom 09:59 AM 01-06-2016
I see it as::
Yes. You deserve to vent.
Yes you could have handled it differently.
However. I wouldn't.
I would in fact, make a new post.
Again, mentioning the accident
Maybe
"Well, now that the craziness has calmed, let me apologize for my earlier rant. I don't want a new career, nor must I wait for new things. ,I like most people, get frustrated at times and need to vent. It happens. You move on with life. I'm human. It's not the first time and won't be the last.
Hope everyone has a great day "
If mom doesn't understand, well, her kid won't pee on your couch anymore. Huh?
I love my "no kids on the couches until you ride a school bus"
Of course, I only take birth to kinder. Lol. So none ever get on mine.
Controlled Chaos 10:00 AM 01-06-2016
I love FB. It is great for advertising (my business page) and it is great for keeping up with family who all live far away, and friends, and seeing when the zoo/aquarium/museum ect have events or deals come up. BUT I would never vent about work. It looks unprofessional. It looks like you don't have it under control. If my friend ran a homedaycare and complained about it online I wouldn't refer her to friends or family. I know it feels good to vent. Text a pic to a friend and vent privately. I have 3 friends I send the "I wish I could FB" stuff too. Don't share it publicly.

I would apologize in person in addition to the text. I would require a child having that many accidents to wear plastic pants or pull ups.

Rockgirl 10:06 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
He may should have been in a diaper, but posting "no new furniture till I get a new career" can sound like the provider doesn't like her job leading to losing more kids. Just my opinion, but FB is not the place to air dirty laundry for the public to see. Again, just my opinion
I agree with this. If it were my child, even without names mentioned, I wouldn't like that. Vent here instead!
childcaremom 10:07 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I love FB. It is great for advertising (my business page) and it is great for keeping up with family who all live far away, and friends, and seeing when the zoo/aquarium/museum ect have events or deals come up. BUT I would never vent about work. It looks unprofessional. It looks like you don't have it under control. If my friend ran a homedaycare and complained about it online I wouldn't refer her to friends or family. I know it feels good to vent. Text a pic to a friend and vent privately. I have 3 friends I send the "I wish I could FB" stuff too. Don't share it publicly.

I would apologize in person in addition to the text. I would require a child having that many accidents to wear plastic pants or pull ups.

I also don't let the dcks on the furniture. Period.
midaycare 10:15 AM 01-06-2016
I have never posted anything anything professionally on Facebook, other than I am the owner of my daycare in the career: field.

My hubby won't have a Facebook page because he is in business and he has seen how it has ruined people's careers. His company, and other's he has worked for, absolutely do media-stalk people they are interviewing.

As a mom, I would pull over that, honestly. I would be worried you are angry at my child. I would also be wondering why you are on Facebook, and is that the reason my child had an accident? *I'm* not saying any of this is true, but if I were the mom in that situation, I would think those things and pull.
rosieteddy 10:43 AM 01-06-2016
What did the Grandmother say when she picked up? Did she act mad? As far as posting ,you did not name child so no problem there.As far as being on FB,well mom was on to.I chose not to have FB for just this reason.I do not feel you owe an apology I would remove post and let that be it.
Provider_Manda 10:53 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
What did the Grandmother say when she picked up? Did she act mad? As far as posting ,you did not name child so no problem there.As far as being on FB,well mom was on to.I chose not to have FB for just this reason.I do not feel you owe an apology I would remove post and let that be it.
Grandma acted a little strange. Didn't say much. I made the comment, oh I didn't know you was picking him up. And say replied, well I'm just doing what she asked. I apologized to her through text, and the post was deleted. So I feel there is not much more I can do. Do I think it's pull your child from care bc of it.. No. He has been here a long time, and their are my neighbors so it just really shocked me.
Annalee 10:57 AM 01-06-2016
Grandma acted a little strange. Didn't say much. I made the comment, oh I didn't know you was picking him up. And say replied, well I'm just doing what she asked. I apologized to her through text, and the post was deleted. So I feel there is not much more I can do. Do I think it's pull your child from care bc of it.. No. He has been here a long time, and their are my neighbors so it just really shocked me.
Wow, being neighbors could get interesting...almost like dealing with family Maybe it will blow over without any bad repercussions.
Provider_Manda 11:00 AM 01-06-2016
Wow, being neighbors could get interesting...almost like dealing with family Maybe it will blow over without any bad repercussions.
Let's hope so!! 👍🏻
mommyneedsadayoff 11:19 AM 01-06-2016
I don't think it is that big of a deal. Let her stew and if she wants to keep coming, let her know that he needs to be in a pull up until he is accident free for awhile. Working at home is a lonely job and sometimes we need to vent! Don't be too hard on yourself! Honestly, if it was my kid, I would have called and been super apologetic to YOU! Pee on the couch...yuck!
MunchkinWrangler 11:47 AM 01-06-2016
I don't post and I don't friend on FB. I don't want to deal with it, period. I do understand your need to vent, it's frustrating with some of the things that we put up with and the constant messes and work after hours. Maybe you could have blocked her on the post?
Annalee 11:52 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I don't think it is that big of a deal. Let her stew and if she wants to keep coming, let her know that he needs to be in a pull up until he is accident free for awhile. Working at home is a lonely job and sometimes we need to vent! Don't be too hard on yourself! Honestly, if it was my kid, I would have called and been super apologetic to YOU! Pee on the couch...yuck!
But we have the view from the provider end....that is why I say even if the OP was right in her thinking, it didn't belong on FB because not many parents will have the same view.
midaycare 12:09 PM 01-06-2016
But we have the view from the provider end....that is why I say even if the OP was right in her thinking, it didn't belong on FB because not many parents will have the same view.
I felt very differently about daycare before I became a daycare provider. I also told my son's 3 and 4 year preschool teachers I would love their job because they get to play all day. I bet they wanted to strangle me.
LittleTikes 12:09 PM 01-06-2016
Because if the situation had been reversed and the dcp went to work and posted a vent related to an issue with the provider that hadn't been discussed, yet, there'd usually be an upset provider, as well.
Blackcat31 12:55 PM 01-06-2016
One of the biggest rules I have for myself in life is to never put ANYTHING in print I am not willing to stand behind.

If I had said it, I would have owned it and not apologized for it. She (the provider) was truthful and honest so there is really nothing to apologize for.

If DCM's feelings were hurt by it....well, what's that old saying? "If the shoe fits...."

DCM had NO idea (until she texted) that the comment was made because of her child. Once she did text to ask provider, I would have called her up verses texting and spoke with her about it. To me, texting is for one or two words or at the very most a sentence. Anything that requires discussion should either be done face to face or on the phone in my opinion.

I agree with Mommyneedsadayoff and think the parent should have been the one apologizing not the provider.

Is it professional to vent on Facebook? Meh, I have no idea because I didn't grow up in the age of social media and although I participate in it, I again follow the rule of being big/adult enough to own anything I post.

I have learned over the years that everyone has a different definition of professionalism (I view wearing yoga pants or PJ's pants all day as unprofessional for example) but honestly I think it comes down to what type of relationship each provider has with their clients and what they value (in each other).
For me, I value and open honest communication and none of the passive aggressive back and forth stuff that you see so often today.

Everyone's offended by something. I can't control what offends others but I can certainly control, monitor and own what I say and do. Even if it's offensive to others it's still mine to own. Whether that means defending my stance or simply walking away from the situation all together.

In this particular situation I think there are some good lessons to be learned in hindsight as there always are.

One of them being if you don't want pee on your couch, then don't let non-toilet trained kids (this child is NOT trained) sit on the couch or use PP's rule about being old enough to ride the bus before you can sit on the sofa.

Another lesson...own what you post. If you feel it, think it, say it or print it where someone else can hear or see it then own it. If the provider doesnt feel she will ever be able to buy new furniture until she changes careers, don't apologize for that. It's how you feel and you (general you) shouldnt have to apologize for feeling a certain way.

My grandmother passed away earlier this year. She was 93. She always taught me that how I feel is MINE and no one else ever has a right to make me feel bad for how I feel. It's the actions we take BECAUSE of how we feel that we need to stop and consider.
Provider_Manda 12:56 PM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I felt very differently about daycare before I became a daycare provider. I also told my son's 3 and 4 year preschool teachers I would love their job because they get to play all day. I bet they wanted to strangle me.
lol I'm sure they probably did!
Unregistered 01:27 PM 01-06-2016
No daycare families as facebook friends and keep it private!
Annalee 02:04 PM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
One of the biggest rules I have for myself in life is to never put ANYTHING in print I am not willing to stand behind.

If I had said it, I would have owned it and not apologized for it. She (the provider) was truthful and honest so there is really nothing to apologize for.

If DCM's feelings were hurt by it....well, what's that old saying? "If the shoe fits...."

DCM had NO idea (until she texted) that the comment was made because of her child. Once she did text to ask provider, I would have called her up verses texting and spoke with her about it. To me, texting is for one or two words or at the very most a sentence. Anything that requires discussion should either be done face to face or on the phone in my opinion.

I agree with Mommyneedsadayoff and think the parent should have been the one apologizing not the provider.

Is it professional to vent on Facebook? Meh, I have no idea because I didn't grow up in the age of social media and although I participate in it, I again follow the rule of being big/adult enough to own anything I post.

I have learned over the years that everyone has a different definition of professionalism (I view wearing yoga pants or PJ's pants all day as unprofessional for example) but honestly I think it comes down to what type of relationship each provider has with their clients and what they value (in each other).
For me, I value and open honest communication and none of the passive aggressive back and forth stuff that you see so often today.

Everyone's offended by something. I can't control what offends others but I can certainly control, monitor and own what I say and do. Even if it's offensive to others it's still mine to own. Whether that means defending my stance or simply walking away from the situation all together.

In this particular situation I think there are some good lessons to be learned in hindsight as there always are.

One of them being if you don't want pee on your couch, then don't let non-toilet trained kids (this child is NOT trained) sit on the couch or use PP's rule about being old enough to ride the bus before you can sit on the sofa.

Another lesson...own what you post. If you feel it, think it, say it or print it where someone else can hear or see it then own it. If the provider doesnt feel she will ever be able to buy new furniture until she changes careers, don't apologize for that. It's how you feel and you (general you) shouldnt have to apologize for feeling a certain way.

My grandmother passed away earlier this year. She was 93. She always taught me that how I feel is MINE and no one else ever has a right to make me feel bad for how I feel. It's the actions we take BECAUSE of how we feel that we need to stop and consider.
Owning what you post on FB is another issue I have with my sil and others....they always say "I didn't mean it that way", "it wasn't about you", "you took it wrong", etc....I tell my sil all the time, "you don't have to post every thing you think" But I would still never use social media for venting about my professional or personal life...but just my opinion
Josiegirl 02:17 PM 01-06-2016
Haha can't tell you how many times parents have said that to me and I just want to walk out the door and say 'here, have at it!'
Unregistered 02:31 PM 01-06-2016
I would have said 'me too!' Lol
daycarediva 02:39 PM 01-06-2016
Lesson learned. I would give her a call tonight to discuss it. I wouldn't apologize, but I would state that the post was made in jest, that so many kids have peed on your furniture (put holes in walls, flooded the bathroom) and that you were being honest. You didnt mention names, you didn't publicly ridicule her child. eh.

I don't have social media accounts (just business) and I am keeping it that way.

Next time, post the picture here, we would have sympathized with you, without fear of backlash for sure.
Rockgirl 04:28 PM 01-06-2016
But I would still never use social media for venting about my professional or personal life...but just my opinion
This is me, too.
Pepperth 03:32 AM 01-07-2016
I use to tell my son's provider something similar all the time...that I wished I could just hang out with them all day because it looked so fun. Thankfully, she's been one of my biggest supporters as I opened this business.
midaycare 04:11 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I use to tell my son's provider something similar all the time...that I wished I could just hang out with them all day because it looked so fun. Thankfully, she's been one of my biggest supporters as I opened this business.
It IS fun, and I do love it...but it's totally different from what I expected! Some things are better, some things worse.
Thriftylady 04:14 AM 01-07-2016
It IS fun, and I do love it...but it's totally different from what I expected! Some things are better, some things worse.
It is fun, but an exhausting kind of fun, not a nice relaxing kind of fun!
Pepperth 05:15 AM 01-07-2016
I agree 100%. This is the best career, but man I'm tired everyday.
nannyde 05:51 AM 01-07-2016
Best response would have been:

Has he been peeing on your furniture too?

Time to put him back in diapers and start over in a month or so. The "accidents" between the two houses is showing he's just not ready."
Provider_Manda 06:30 AM 01-07-2016
She got back with me. She's upset with the child. Says he does not do this at home, nor at grandma's. She kept him home today but he will be back Monday.
Lorna 06:42 AM 01-07-2016
I require pullups for 2 weeks if they are having accidents. I wouldn't post about daycare kids on facebook. Especially if they are in your friend list.
Ariana 09:59 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Lesson learned. I would give her a call tonight to discuss it. I wouldn't apologize, but I would state that the post was made in jest, that so many kids have peed on your furniture (put holes in walls, flooded the bathroom) and that you were being honest. You didnt mention names, you didn't publicly ridicule her child. eh.

I don't have social media accounts (just business) and I am keeping it that way.

Next time, post the picture here, we would have sympathized with you, without fear of backlash for sure.
I agree with this! I do not befriend any of my parents on FB for this reason and I also would never post anything about my job on FB unless it is in our private FB page. I think your actions were very unprofessional and if it was my child I would have also been mad. Sorry
Josiegirl 10:19 AM 01-07-2016
Glad you were able to face her with it; sometimes that's the hardest part. Dynamics are entirely different at everyone's house. It bugs me when a parent tells me 'but they don't do that at my(or fill in anyone else's) house!'
But I'm glad she's not mad at you.
Annalee 10:24 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I agree with this! I do not befriend any of my parents on FB for this reason and I also would never post anything about my job on FB unless it is in our private FB page. I think your actions were very unprofessional and if it was my child I would have also been mad. Sorry
Not only would I have been mad about what was said about my child, I would have felt everyone else knew who OP was talking about in the post on FB....even if they didn't know. It would have been embarrassing to a mother. There are very few people I vent to because of this issue....Most of my venting is done on this forum
Play Care 11:01 AM 01-07-2016
Not only would I have been mad about what was said about my child, I would have felt everyone else knew who OP was talking about in the post on FB....even if they didn't know. It would have been embarrassing to a mother. There are very few people I vent to because of this issue....Most of my venting is done on this forum
The reality with in home day cares is that everyone usually DOES know what's what Espcially when you have very verbal 3 and 4 yo's.
nanglgrl 11:04 AM 01-07-2016
She got back with me. She's upset with the child. Says he does not do this at home, nor at grandma's. She kept him home today but he will be back Monday.
I very well could be wrong but it sounds like a stall tactic and I would expect her to be looking for another provider. There is no reason for her to keep her son out until next week unless she's mad at you.
As for posting I wouldn't have posted it even if I wasn't friends with the parents on Facebook. That said, I don't think it was horrible and I would have read it in more of an exasperated/joking tone. You didn't include the child's name and so the only reason for this mom to think you were talking about her child is if her child DOES have accidents at home or other places. For all she knew it could have been another child in underwear or a diaper leak. She had an idea who it was and was pretty sure it was her child since she got ahold of you right away. Her getting ahold of you and sending grandma also shows she was really upset and I doubt that she was upset with her child. I understand why you removed the post but it also makes it seem like you were admiting to doing something wrong.
Annalee 11:06 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
The reality with in home day cares is that everyone usually DOES know what's what Espcially when you have very verbal 3 and 4 yo's.
Yep, they do....but I tell parents "I want believe all of what they tell me if you don't believe all of what they tell you".
Provider_Manda 12:44 PM 01-07-2016
I did not say anything in particular about her child, and no one knows who is here during the day. I have 9 children I care for and all but 3 are under 4. So the only way she knew was because she asked. We do not many mutual friends so there was no way for anyone to know who it was. As a mother I would not have been upset about it. But I guess every mother is different.
Provider_Manda 12:46 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Ahh no worries..to each their own. I'm sure everyone at some point as vented about an issue with work rather it be daycare or another profession. No child was mentioned, so no one had any idea. Professional or unprofessional..I was upset and that was my actions. Will I do it again...Nope
Provider_Manda 12:51 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I very well could be wrong but it sounds like a stall tactic and I would expect her to be looking for another provider. There is no reason for her to keep her son out until next week unless she's mad at you.
As for posting I wouldn't have posted it even if I wasn't friends with the parents on Facebook. That said, I don't think it was horrible and I would have read it in more of an exasperated/joking tone. You didn't include the child's name and so the only reason for this mom to think you were talking about her child is if her child DOES have accidents at home or other places. For all she knew it could have been another child in underwear or a diaper leak. She had an idea who it was and was pretty sure it was her child since she got ahold of you right away. Her getting ahold of you and sending grandma also shows she was really upset and I doubt that she was upset with her child. I understand why you removed the post but it also makes it seem like you were admiting to doing something wrong.
I actually removed it because of my husband..lol
I have multiple children here a day so no one know who it was. I actually had another parent of mine message me and said "Crap, I know it was mine..sorry lol ". So nobody had any idea. And if she is looking, then oh well nothing I can do. Apology was made for upsetting her. And she was upset with him because he has been doing it here for a few weeks, even hid and done number 2 right before Christmas. So it is what it is, can't do anything about it now. But definitely learned my lesson!! lol
caligirl 01:41 PM 01-07-2016
Well, I wouldn't have posted it on FB if my DC families were 'friends' on my wall. Being irritated about the pee, ya, I'd have been upset too.... but that's one reason they are not allowed to sit on my furniture. I bought kids furniture for them to sit on that I can easily clean. I've never allowed any of them to sit on my living room furniture for that exact reason
BabyMonkeys 04:56 PM 01-08-2016
I have two Facebook pages. My personal page is private and I only have family and a few close friends. My daycare page is private and only the parents and grandparents have access to it. I have posted things on my private page about one of my kiddos that I wouldn't necessarily post on my daycare page. That is why my personal page is completely private.

If you had listed her son's name, yes..she has a right to be mad. However, seeing as you didn't name her child, I think she is overreacting.
Play Care 05:06 PM 01-08-2016
A teacher in my sister's district was just forced to resign after complaining about a student on her "private" Facebook page.
Even though she didn't name the student. Even though the post was made after hours.

Honestly no one I know really even uses Facebook anymore. Occasional pictures and "likes" for companies to get discounts. That's about it.
Annalee 06:20 PM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
A teacher in my sister's district was just forced to resign after complaining about a student on her "private" Facebook page.
Even though she didn't name the student. Even though the post was made after hours.

Honestly no one I know really even uses Facebook anymore. Occasional pictures and "likes" for companies to get discounts. That's about it.
Local daycare center employees lost their jobs as well for posting similar remarks on FB.
Reply Up