Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Play Care 10:41 AM 12-16-2015
I am still sick. Not surprisingly my assistant has also been out sick. I have much to do to get ready for the holiday (cleaning, shopping, wrapping, baking, etc) and am getting overwhelmed. Our weekend is already booked (Girl Scout outing on Friday, caroling and birthday party on Saturday, and ice skating lessons/indoor soccer on Sunday) so I have no idea when I'll get to any of this.

DH has been taking extra tutoring jobs and chaperoning gigs and of course he's working both Friday evening and Saturday morning.
DaveA 11:48 AM 12-16-2015
Just found out the local R&R dropped me from it's list of providers in the area because they don't have a copy of my new license. You know- the one I emailed AND mailed them a copy of 2 months ago! Funny the lady didn't mention this last month when she called updating my availability and information.
Play Care 12:44 PM 12-16-2015
Being asked by a parent whose been here for *years* if they have to pay for my sick day.

Really?!

As if it's not enough they don't pay for their many vacations, my vacations, etc. Now you want to nickel and dime me over a sick day?!

The words going round in m head right now are not child friendly.
LysesKids 05:14 PM 12-16-2015
And again another one bites the dust; and this after rescheduling due to a school conflict (which I totally get). No show/no call and no answer when I tried to call her. I would have thought asking them to call and get exact address within a few hrs of the Meeting would solve a no show, but it didn't work this time
Miss A 07:22 AM 12-17-2015
About a month ago I had a rough day with DCG-2.5. I thought all day "when this girl goesto preschool I will throw her a going away party!", I was so fed up with her. Classic only child, will not share anything, toys or attention, and is constantly making up lies to take away attention from the other children. She is also mean and spiteful, hits and spits constantly. Well that very night, her parents informed me they were enrolling in spring semester Preschool. She also began to tell mom and dad I was " mean" to her, by askung her to wait her turn, or by informing her I was busy with anither child, or another task. I refuse to droo everything the second she decides she needs someyhing, like her parents do. Now, I am 7 day care days out from her going to preschool, and I am counting down the days. I am looking forward to smoother days, and less fighting. How horrible am I?
Snowmom 11:01 AM 12-19-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Dear Ford Company, quit playing games with my warranty and FIX my vehicle!!!!!!!!
Uh oh. What happened?
We're contemplating an F150 after New Years, and I always get nervous buying domestic since I grew up with a mechanic Dad who always swore by Honda & Toyota.
Annalee 11:13 AM 12-19-2015
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Uh oh. What happened?
We're contemplating an F150 after New Years, and I always get nervous buying domestic since I grew up with a mechanic Dad who always swore by Honda & Toyota.
I have always puchased Ford or Lincoln vehicles but my last, fourth one in last 32 years, has some mechanical trouble and I have a warranty that Ford sold me but I didn't purchase it locally this time so the local dealer isn't very cooperative (probably since I didn't buy it there) and has really drug their feet. I have called the regional office and reported the poor service and hopefully my part will arrive next week and can be fixed BUT I will NEVER go there again and will take my vehicle to where I bought it (2 hours away) for servicing. I ended up calling the warranty myself after the Ford man told me he could not keep staying on phone fighting with this warranty company. The warranty company told me my part and labor was approved but Ford man would have to call the get the ball rolling. When I called ford man back to tell him I checked and what I found out, he got on the ball. I should not have had to do that. I also called where I bought the vehicle and they lit a fire under this guy, too...so he probably hates me but whatever! I just want my vehicle fixed with the Ford service and quality I have received in the past.
childcaremom 02:06 AM 12-23-2015
I am tired of tired dcks.

1 spends the morning whining about how tired he is and alternates between lying on the floor and running around like a wild man. He naps well for me but the mornings are draining the life out of me.

The other has never napped well and now doesn't nap at all. She is only 19 mos and her schedule has been floppy since she was out sick a while back. She just came back from being sick again and spent the morning whining, 'rested' in her cot and then had meltdown after meltdown in the afternoon because she was so tired. I don't care if they are done in 3 months. Dcm is getting the "She needs to get back on our schedule and nap for me or I will not be able to continue care for her" spiel as soon as the holidays are over.

ETA: Just got a text from mom that they let her sleep in this morning... guess who probably won't nap for me today.

I have been actively trying to replace them both for the past few months but it is slower than molasses here for new recruits. The ones that i have interviewed all have NAP issues.

Here's to the New Year with new families and naps
BumbleBee 07:12 AM 12-24-2015
Thank, dcm, for completely ignoring all safe sleep regulations I'm required to follow with your 7 week old. Lets list the ways shall we?

1. Sleeps in a swing during the day and bouncy seat at night.

2. When baby DOES sleep in his pack n play or crib you have him on his side. You say it's so the back of his head doesn't get flat. Well, with all of his time in the swing and bouncy seat the back of his head is flat and not just a little bit.

3. Blankets. So many blankets.

On another note, when I asked how often and how much he eats at a time I got the answer of 4 oz every 4 hours. The last 3 days here he's eating every 1-3 hrs and he snacks, an oz here an oz there. Come to find out it's because you bottle prop and "just make a new bottle every 4 hours and prop it up for him" while he's in his bouncy seat or swing.

You also told me he didn't spit up much. You could've told me that his first day here was his first full day on formula, with a bottle he had never used. That would explain why I was dealing with Mount Vesuvius every time he ate.

Vent over.
MunchkinWrangler 08:41 AM 12-29-2015
Have a new family starting next week. A 9 month old. Great interview but the meeting to give them paperwork and get to know in more detail of their daughter's day gave huge red flags. Terrible napper, baby led weaning(which I don't agree with), sick all the time. They're coming from a center so I know they just take kids sick, I had to explain that I don't do sick care. I told them baby food needs to be provided for her, they commented about how they just want her to eat table food as much as possible. Ummm, no. I told them that not every meal I make for the older kids would be appropriate for her age and I don't make different meals for different kids. She has no teeth!!! After asking several times what their times would be because I try to contract hours, it's been so hard in my area to do, they couldn't give me a solid answer. Asked me how much room in my freezer to store breastmilk. I laughed and said I don't store any more than i should need for a couple days at a time.

What bothers me is that everyone thinks your whole house is up for grabs for their needs and their childs. My daycare space is shared as I am on one level, I have to install an egress window to do care in the basement. I have one room that is dedicated to the daycare, which is mainly nursery and sleeping stuff along with some toys. The rest of my home except for my room is daycare and living space. Also, I'm a single mom and I hate when my days off are questioned. I need one on one time with my 2 year old and he gets sick of daycare towards the end of the week. They don't seem to understand that I'm cleaning, caring for their children, and my business and doing the work of mothering after work, that during the week, there's no fun time with my son. Anyway, whew, glad to just get that off my chest!
LysesKids 09:55 AM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
Have a new family starting next week. A 9 month old. Great interview but the meeting to give them paperwork and get to know in more detail of their daughter's day gave huge red flags. Terrible napper, baby led weaning(which I don't agree with), sick all the time. They're coming from a center so I know they just take kids sick, I had to explain that I don't do sick care. I told them baby food needs to be provided for her, they commented about how they just want her to eat table food as much as possible. Ummm, no. I told them that not every meal I make for the older kids would be appropriate for her age and I don't make different meals for different kids. She has no teeth!!! After asking several times what their times would be because I try to contract hours, it's been so hard in my area to do, they couldn't give me a solid answer. Asked me how much room in my freezer to store breastmilk. I laughed and said I don't store any more than i should need for a couple days at a time.

What bothers me is that everyone thinks your whole house is up for grabs for their needs and their childs. My daycare space is shared as I am on one level, I have to install an egress window to do care in the basement. I have one room that is dedicated to the daycare, which is mainly nursery and sleeping stuff along with some toys. The rest of my home except for my room is daycare and living space. Also, I'm a single mom and I hate when my days off are questioned. I need one on one time with my 2 year old and he gets sick of daycare towards the end of the week. They don't seem to understand that I'm cleaning, caring for their children, and my business and doing the work of mothering after work, that during the week, there's no fun time with my son. Anyway, whew, glad to just get that off my chest!
Here in TN licensing requires we allow soft finger foods, teeth or not, once a child can sit at the table (most mine starts by 7-8 months) - I'm infants only & prefer to mush up stuff that the older kids eat so babies don't fight over something different too (baby led weaning allowed here). You would be surprised how much of the stuff younger ones can manage that the older toddlers eat. As to BM, I only keep a 16oz back up in the freezer & they send fresh daily lol, no option there. As to contract hrs... if they can't give me definant hours of care that are 10 or less hrs a day then I don't write the contract (always done in person when deposit is made). That and bringing a kid sick would make me say sorry not a good fit right there.
laundrymom 12:26 PM 12-29-2015
First day back (yesterday) from vacation and I swear, I almost quit. I almost called them all and closed my doors.
Ugh. Today has been marginally better.
Blackcat31 12:47 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
First day back (yesterday) from vacation and I swear, I almost quit. I almost called them all and closed my doors.

I always feel the same way on the first day back.

How was your trip/vacation??
laundrymom 01:37 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I always feel the same way on the first day back.

How was your trip/vacation??
I hope you read this with the voice of a nervous, overly excited school girl,
I WENT TO HOGWARTS!!!!!!
:-)
childcaremom 02:12 PM 12-29-2015
I WENT TO HOGWARTS!!!!!!
What!!!

New thread please. Share the deets
Blackcat31 03:15 PM 12-29-2015
I WENT TO HOGWARTS!!!!!!
COOL!

I just saw a documentary about this on TV the other night. It talked about the minute details of the area and how JK Rowling insisted on being part of the construction of it so that everything was exact.
MunchkinWrangler 07:15 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Here in TN licensing requires we allow soft finger foods, teeth or not, once a child can sit at the table (most mine starts by 7-8 months) - I'm infants only & prefer to mush up stuff that the older kids eat so babies don't fight over something different too (baby led weaning allowed here). You would be surprised how much of the stuff younger ones can manage that the older toddlers eat. As to BM, I only keep a 16oz back up in the freezer & they send fresh daily lol, no option there. As to contract hrs... if they can't give me definant hours of care that are 10 or less hrs a day then I don't write the contract (always done in person when deposit is made). That and bringing a kid sick would make me say sorry not a good fit right there.
I'm just not a fan of the baby led weaning thing in theory. I introduced soft foods gradually with my son, but it was mashed up veggies, eggs, toast, some fruits, you know, healthy stuff. I have an almost one year old who won't touch veggies, eat the organic pouch food that always has a fruit in it, so she doesn't like just vegetables. And will only eat the 'junk food' out of a meal. They feed her fries because that's her favorite!!! Well duh, of course. But it amounts well she doesn't like it so....wgen it comes to introducing healthier and well balanced table food. I just don't think some parents are hitting the mark on it. And, technically, with an infant under 1, I don't see it as my job to introduce table foods but to offer what they've already tried but I don't serve junk food, I don't care if that's what they like.
daycarediva 11:24 AM 12-30-2015
I always feel the same way.

I WENT TO HOGWARTS!!!!!!
LUCKY DUCK!
Sunshine74 10:42 AM 01-04-2016
Worst nap ever! I don't think we've had the whole room sleeping all at one time yet. We just get them all sleeping and then someone wakes up and cries. Then they fall back asleep and someone else wakes up. For the past hour and 40 mins!
LysesKids 10:50 AM 01-04-2016
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Worst nap ever! I don't think we've had the whole room sleeping all at one time yet. We just get them all sleeping and then someone wakes up and cries. Then they fall back asleep and someone else wakes up. For the past hour and 40 mins!
I feel for ya, I gave up on trying to get everyone to nap at the same time today... after a week vacation it will take a few days for the routine to come back lol
Controlled Chaos 12:23 PM 01-04-2016
My infant has been here for a month and a half. She is lovely, napped well with the swaddle but she can get out of it now - so it is time for some sleep training She co sleeps at home, mom know that doesn't work here. She napped for 30 min this morning - but as been screaming for nearly 30 min for 2nd nap. I hope she settles soon and sleeps at least 2 hours. Her poor little body needs it. And my head could use a break from the screaming. I just keep looking at my sweet 12m old napping beside me - I trained him not to long ago and look at him now. I can do this again. I can. Big breath
MsLisa 07:17 AM 01-05-2016
I STILL get calls about my old failed in-home daycare at least 1-2 times a week.
(I think its still on yelp, online phone book or google...ugh!)
BUT.....I get NO calls or emails for people to hire me as a Nanny & I知 advertised almost everywhere. Not even job offers after sending out resumes.
WTF!
childcaremom 09:43 AM 01-05-2016
New dck started on Monday. I was thorough at my interview about naps. Talked to them about a month ago, again about naps. Emailed them on Friday to remind them of our nap schedule.

Guess who won't nap for me? She comes yesterday with a note of her nap times. Morning nap time doesn't correlate to ours and her afternoon nap is "hit or miss". Noting that she goes to sleep with a bottle, which I told them is not happening, during interviews.

This child had an ok day yesterday. Today is a clingy, crying tired mess.

Why would a parent do this to their child? It is so unfair to them. She is not enjoying herself.

Having a convo with dcm tonight.
ChelseaB 07:39 AM 01-06-2016
Taxes. Time/space percentage. Income vs expenses. Deductibles. Making sure all of my numbers and records match up. Ohh the headache. Lol.

I opt to do my own taxes since I've worked in accounting, and I've always done our personal taxes. I'm pretty savvy about this stuff, but the last 2 days of crunching has my head spinning! At least they're primarily done, pending the documentation for our personal taxes so that we can file by month end. And on that note, good luck to all of my fellow providers during this difficult time!
Play Care 09:47 AM 01-06-2016
I have so much tax stuff to do and I've been putting it off.
I just. can't. face. it.

Seriously I'm "hiding" in the living room reading books and eating chocolate while the kids nap rather than face the music.
Indoorvoice 10:02 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I have so much tax stuff to do and I've been putting it off.
I just. can't. face. it.

Seriously I'm "hiding" in the living room reading books and eating chocolate while the kids nap rather than face the music.
I'm right there with you, girl! I keep saying "I'll start it tomorrow..." We'll tomorrow keeps coming and I'm no closer to starting. Oops.
MsLisa 06:55 AM 01-07-2016
I'm suspended from work for 3 days....
over a "suddenly we need a sign in/out sheet" argument.
So I threw in my 2 weeks notice. My last day is the 20th.

The pain of leaving those kids hurts me more then anything. Also feeling like I failed my husband, even though my money was a "cushion" for like dinners and fun stuff. But I’ve been job hunting for almost 3 months now so its not like I wasn't already planning to leave....oh well. Fate made the decision for me I guess....

Gotta keep myself busy since I don't have friends to vent to and I don't want to let it sink me into depression.
LysesKids 07:03 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
I STILL get calls about my old failed in-home daycare at least 1-2 times a week.
(I think its still on yelp, online phone book or google...ugh!)
BUT.....I get NO calls or emails for people to hire me as a Nanny & I知 advertised almost everywhere. Not even job offers after sending out resumes.
WTF!
Have you applied at the on call Nanny places? I found work when I lived in KC (6 months) as a Temp Nanny thru an agency. I know a lot of people hate CL, but some locals here have managed to get hired as Nannies recently. I even got a few on call jobs in AR on weekends a few years back by putting an ad on CL ( I had a 2 page website too). I would also Google your old daycare name & see what pops up... even yelp can put a closed "sign" on a business that is defunct, but it won't delete it like the other places
Rockgirl 07:13 AM 01-07-2016
I'm suspended from work for 3 days....
over a "suddenly we need a sign in/out sheet" argument.
So I threw in my 2 weeks notice. My last day is the 20th.

The pain of leaving those kids hurts me more then anything. Also feeling like I failed my husband, even though my money was a "cushion" for like dinners and fun stuff. But I致e been job hunting for almost 3 months now so its not like I wasn't already planning to leave....oh well. Fate made the decision for me I guess....

Gotta keep myself busy since I don't have friends to vent to and I don't want to let it sink me into depression.
Oh, man--I'm sorry your job ended that way! I don't blame you for giving notice--sounds like there were many frustrations there. Would it be an option to reopen your home daycare, since you are still getting calls?
MsLisa 07:55 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Oh, man--I'm sorry your job ended that way! I don't blame you for giving notice--sounds like there were many frustrations there. Would it be an option to reopen your home daycare, since you are still getting calls?
I kind of seen it coming to be honest. Just trying to stay positive now and not let my bitterness make things worse.

Even after taking back all the toys I bought/brought to the program, its not really enough to restart. Most calls are for toddlers and under too which I'm in no way equipped for. Obviously I thought about this. lol.

Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Have you applied at the on call Nanny places? I found work when I lived in KC (6 months) as a Temp Nanny thru an agency. I know a lot of people hate CL, but some locals here have managed to get hired as Nannies recently. I even got a few on call jobs in AR on weekends a few years back by putting an ad on CL ( I had a 2 page website too). I would also Google your old daycare name & see what pops up... even yelp can put a closed "sign" on a business that is defunct, but it won't delete it like the other places
I am on craigslist, care, sittercity and enanny. There are no agencies remotely near my area sadly (just googled it!). Its a very oversaturated $25/day SAHM market here so I知 one in a dozen doing this (although I知 the only one looking to provide in the client's home). What was your web page like, if you don't mind sharing?

THANK YOU LADIES.
You're about as close as I have to 'in the biz" friends so....
daycarediva 08:41 AM 01-07-2016
Lisa have you thought about going to the school district? you would make a WONDERFUL TA in an ECE or honestly any age classroom. You have a wealth of experience and it would eliminate the 'parent' hassle.

My vent today. I lost my checkbook. I tore the house apart last night. I am meticulously organized, and it is ALWAYS kept in my desk. Never moved. I know it didn't leave the house, so I don't have to cancel everything. I just started a new register, but I liked my checkbook wallet. dangit.
LysesKids 09:23 AM 01-07-2016
I kind of seen it coming to be honest. Just trying to stay positive now and not let my bitterness make things worse.

Even after taking back all the toys I bought/brought to the program, its not really enough to restart. Most calls are for toddlers and under too which I'm in no way equipped for. Obviously I thought about this. lol.

I am on craigslist, care, sittercity and enanny. There are no agencies remotely near my area sadly (just googled it!). Its a very oversaturated $25/day SAHM market here so I知 one in a dozen doing this (although I知 the only one looking to provide in the client's home). What was your web page like, if you don't mind sharing?

THANK YOU LADIES.
I'll dig it up off my old computer later tonight; essentially I was an ON CALL NANNY w/ a twist...
Miss A 02:11 PM 01-11-2016
Child who thinks is is funny to head butt mom has head butted me today. In the mouth. They pushed my front tooth back, there was blood everywhere, and my lip is swollen. Mom's response? "Maybe DCK learned their lesson. They are always doing that to me to be funny." No, I'm sorry that happened, will you be OK? Do you need to see a dentist? Ugh.
Controlled Chaos 03:05 PM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by a.lenz.girl:
Child who thinks is is funny to head butt mom has head butted me today. In the mouth. They pushed my front tooth back, there was blood everywhere, and my lip is swollen. Mom's response? "Maybe DCK learned their lesson. They are always doing that to me to be funny." No, I'm sorry that happened, will you be OK? Do you need to see a dentist? Ugh.
That's terrible! I can't imagine not apologizing for my child hurting someone, no matter how much of an accident I thought is was... I am so sorry
Hunni Bee 09:51 AM 01-13-2016
DCM: I understand DCB has really bad excema on his bottom, but you could actually still wash it regularly. He smelled so bad today that everywhere he went smelled like butt. I cleaned him up and changed his underwear (into loaner pants because he had no extra) but he still smells.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:36 AM 01-13-2016
Twin drop-ins today that arrive 5 minutes before breakfast is over. Mom says "oh they need to eat". I get them right into high chairs only for mom to say "oh let me give you a big hug" and takes one out of the high chair. Now he is crying and refuses to get back in the high chair. Of course his brother is thinking, well if he doesn't have to get in a high chair why am I sitting here. So he starts crying. Now mom starts telling me that one of the twins needs drops in his eye at 1 pm (BTW nap time is 12:00 pm). I tell her I will forward a release to her email. Can you believe she is still lingering. What a chaotic mess!!! All before 9 am and before my assistant arrived.
Play Care 05:31 AM 01-14-2016
Our State grants going through Kaplan.

The toys I've gotten through them from the grant tend to fall apart and every time I tell myself NOT to get the toys. And every time it comes back around I forget

I currently have frog bean bags that already have split at the seams from light, provider led use.

I hope I'll remember this next time.
Hunni Bee 06:13 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
DCM: I understand DCB has really bad excema on his bottom, but you could actually still wash it regularly. He smelled so bad today that everywhere he went smelled like butt. I cleaned him up and changed his underwear (into loaner pants because he had no extra) but he still smells.
Guess who smells bad again today? He says his mom and dad "forgot" to bathe him. These are great parents and just have a lax view of cleanliness and both their boys have pretty bad excema, but I can't go on with this smell. And I'm sure if I keep changing his underwear every day I'm going to step on some toes. Ugh
Play Care 08:52 AM 01-14-2016
Guess who smells bad again today? He says his mom and dad "forgot" to bathe him. These are great parents and just have a lax view of cleanliness and both their boys have pretty bad excema, but I can't go on with this smell. And I'm sure if I keep changing his underwear every day I'm going to step on some toes. Ugh
Yuck!

On a side note, our Doctor actually told us they used to think bathing too often made exema worse, but now the thinking is that bathing more often (lukewarm water, unscented soap, and lotion after) was better because it got the allergens/toxins off the skin that were making it worse.
We bathed younger DD who had it as normal and she quickly outgrew it. Another DCk I had at the time wasn't bathed as frequently and had it until she aged out. It looked painful and she said it was painful
Leigh 10:43 AM 01-14-2016
Yuck!

On a side note, our Doctor actually told us they used to think bathing too often made exema worse, but now the thinking is that bathing more often (lukewarm water, unscented soap, and lotion after) was better because it got the allergens/toxins off the skin that were making it worse.
We bathed younger DD who had it as normal and she quickly outgrew it. Another DCk I had at the time wasn't bathed as frequently and had it until she aged out. It looked painful and she said it was painful
My foster son suffered terribly from eczema. Last summer, the kids were in the pool all the time. His eczema cleared up. I started giving him very long baths, and it made such a difference. Immediately after bath (within 3 minutes) I'd slather him in body butter and put a shea-butter based healing cream on the places he tended to break out. At night, I'd lotion him up and then put 40% zinc oxide cream on the spots that tended to break out. Worked SO well.
Hunni Bee 11:57 AM 01-14-2016
Yuck!

My daughter had excema and the doctors said the same thing! I had never heard that before. However I saw a home remedy for raw apple cider vinegar online....worked excellent.

And you might be on to something there...my DCB's is the worst on his privates and bottom...and probably because he isn't as clean down there as he should be. And then they just slather his (dirty) bottom with Vaseline if it hurts.
MunchkinWrangler 12:32 PM 01-14-2016
My daughter had excema and the doctors said the same thing! I had never heard that before. However I saw a home remedy for raw apple cider vinegar online....worked excellent.

And you might be on to something there...my DCB's is the worst on his privates and bottom...and probably because he isn't as clean down there as he should be. And then they just slather his (dirty) bottom with Vaseline if it hurts.
I absolutely agree with a buildup of product, it's not letting the skin breathe. I feel bad for your DCB. He needs a proper bath every night and then whatever ointments he needs. I can just imagine the smell, I'm sure the poop and pee on his skin doesn't help and you can only do so much with a wipe. I never agreed with this whole don't bathe a kid often stuff. They smell if you skip a day, diapers do that. I always tell parents to at least clean the diaper area with soap and water every night, most don't listen and I have the most stinky kids. Personally, I think it's just laziness.
Hunni Bee 05:27 AM 01-15-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
I absolutely agree with a buildup of product, it's not letting the skin breathe. I feel bad for your DCB. He needs a proper bath every night and then whatever ointments he needs. I can just imagine the smell, I'm sure the poop and pee on his skin doesn't help and you can only do so much with a wipe. I never agreed with this whole don't bathe a kid often stuff. They smell if you skip a day, diapers do that. I always tell parents to at least clean the diaper area with soap and water every night, most don't listen and I have the most stinky kids. Personally, I think it's just laziness.
I don't agree either. I don't bathe my daughter every single night, but at least 4-5 times a week. If she poops more than once in a day, she's definitely getting a bath. On the days she doesn't get a bath, she gets a soapy washcloth to neck, butt and feet, and some nice lotion on everything else. I can't cuddle with stink...sorry lol
Miss A 07:12 AM 01-15-2016
Last night at pick up, WILD older brothers of DCG sat in car and repeatedly hinked the horn of the vechile. I tried tobhurry DCM out the door, and informed DCM that there is always the risk of a neighbor calling the cops for a disturbance. This AM, same thing happens. Mom just shakes her head and says "I guess someone learned from their older brother last night". Again, I informed her that we have a neighbor who will not take too kindly tobthe disturbance, and that I will not allow it again. Seriously, when did kids get to be so disrespectful, and pare ts so lax?
daycarediva 07:53 AM 01-15-2016
Our State grants going through Kaplan.

The toys I've gotten through them from the grant tend to fall apart and every time I tell myself NOT to get the toys. And every time it comes back around I forget

I currently have frog bean bags that already have split at the seams from light, provider led use.

I hope I'll remember this next time.
For this reason exactly I went with Becker supplies. The order was here in less than 5 business days and the quality is GREAT. I got two big items and both will hold up for years!
Play Care 09:10 AM 01-15-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
For this reason exactly I went with Becker supplies. The order was here in less than 5 business days and the quality is GREAT. I got two big items and both will hold up for years!
Ugh! I wanted to but needed new nap mats which Becker didn't have. So bummed!

My DREAM would be that they partner with Lakeshore
Play Care 11:04 AM 01-15-2016
The two new boys in my day care.

They are school calendar only, but I'm thinking I'm going to try to fill their spots and let them go at the end of June.
momofboys 04:44 PM 01-18-2016

THANK YOU LADIES.
I nanny & have for the past three years. I used to do in-home daycare but once my kids all reached school-age I figured this gave me more freedom (I don't want to work FT). Send me a PM if you ever want to chit chat.
Play Care 05:50 AM 01-19-2016
Not day care related.

I am unhappy with younger DD's girl scout leader. She lacks organization, direction, and the energy needed to lead a troop. I've offered to assist several times because I know it's a lot of work and I appreciate that.
But what makes me more p!$$ed is that my dd is disappointed with the lack of troop activities. It doesn't help that older DD is in a different troop with an active and engaged leader and they actually DO things.

Some examples:

She made a meeting time right after school, while both DH and I are working. I asked if there were any way she could bring and pick up as we were working (she goes right by our house to get to the meeting place). She said YES. But then there was the DRAMA and lots of plan changes ending me getting a text during the meeting time telling me she couldn't bring DD home after all because she had the older troop there and could not leave them alone. Really?! She hadn't been aware of that when I initially asked? Thankfully all my families had picked up early that day or I never would have been able to.

Apparently there was a meeting last night. But we just found out today. I gather she had computer issues, though she's always messaged me either with text of through facebook.

I hear a lot about what she WON'T do, but not a lot of what they WILL do.

I've considered starting my own troop but I really wanted DD to have an experience that I wasn't leading, you know?
GRRR.
childcaremom 06:13 AM 01-19-2016
Not day care related.

I am unhappy with younger DD's girl scout leader. She lacks organization, direction, and the energy needed to lead a troop. I've offered to assist several times because I know it's a lot of work and I appreciate that.
But what makes me more p!$$ed is that my dd is disappointed with the lack of troop activities. It doesn't help that older DD is in a different troop with an active and engaged leader and they actually DO things.

Some examples:

She made a meeting time right after school, while both DH and I are working. I asked if there were any way she could bring and pick up as we were working (she goes right by our house to get to the meeting place). She said YES. But then there was the DRAMA and lots of plan changes ending me getting a text during the meeting time telling me she couldn't bring DD home after all because she had the older troop there and could not leave them alone. Really?! She hadn't been aware of that when I initially asked? Thankfully all my families had picked up early that day or I never would have been able to.

Apparently there was a meeting last night. But we just found out today. I gather she had computer issues, though she's always messaged me either with text of through facebook.

I've considered starting my own troop but I really wanted DD to have an experience that I wasn't leading, you know?
GRRR.
That stinks. We had that my dd's final year in Brownies. Switched to a different group the following year. So happy that we made the switch. Can you switch her part way through the year or are you stuck?
Play Care 09:12 AM 01-19-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
That stinks. We had that my dd's final year in Brownies. Switched to a different group the following year. So happy that we made the switch. Can you switch her part way through the year or are you stuck?
I don't know if there is another troop other than the one my older dd is in. And I don't know if younger dd could be in that one? It's kind of odd how it works.

I'd even start my own, but we live in a small town and I don't want to deal with fall out over girl scouts, KWIM?
Annalee 11:33 AM 01-19-2016
Had a mom of a 23 month old tell me this morning she wasn't ordering but one more set of pull-ups/diapers To which I said again for the 100th time "she cannot wear panties here until I say". Yep this is the mom that keeps hounding me about pottying....CRAZY!!!!!!
nanglgrl 11:47 AM 01-19-2016
Not day care related.

Some examples:

GRRR.
I'm a Girl Scout leader and have to say that there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff parents don't see. I had a parent throw a fit a few weeks ago (in front of everyone) because we had to change the end of meeting time. We were caroling at a nursing home and the person in charge of activities didn't relay the information to the staff working that night. We had planned to go room to room but they put us in a central location meaning that instead of going around singing for an hour and a half we would just be singing 4 songs in the main area and wouldn't need to be there long.

As the leader GS advises against me driving scouts in my vehicle, there are special permissions I need as well as another adult who's been cleared by GS needs to be in the vehicle. A lot of the things I plan for my troop require collaboration with another business/agency. I make calls after call and plan everything only to have the place we are going mess everything up.

Being a GS leader is a lot like daycare except I don't get paid. Parents show up late, early, send children unprepared, expect me to constantly remind them of meetings etc. Currently I post about meetings on our Facebook page since a few don't ever check their email, email all of the parents because a few don't have Facebook and text one family because they don't use either. I do have a great co-leader, a great group of girls and invested parents but even with all of that its a lot of work and can be overwhelming.
MsLisa 06:26 AM 01-20-2016
Please, for love of Zeus, let me ace this interview today.

Had one yesterday and I was a babbling ball of nerves. I could not get my brain to focus and make things come out my mouth eloquently. I felt like my daughter when her mouth can't keep up with her thoughts. lol. Probably won't get that job, but I知 OK with it cause its a far drive and not something i知 100% experienced in.

Today though...today is the one job I reallllly want. The place is beautiful, only 8 min away and exactly how I wish my in-home daycare was. It has an amazing reputation and I would be thrilled to be a part of it. But these damn nerves....

Bottom line: Social anxiety is the devil.
Play Care 06:46 AM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I'm a Girl Scout leader and have to say that there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff parents don't see. I had a parent throw a fit a few weeks ago (in front of everyone) because we had to change the end of meeting time. We were caroling at a nursing home and the person in charge of activities didn't relay the information to the staff working that night. We had planned to go room to room but they put us in a central location meaning that instead of going around singing for an hour and a half we would just be singing 4 songs in the main area and wouldn't need to be there long.

As the leader GS advises against me driving scouts in my vehicle, there are special permissions I need as well as another adult who's been cleared by GS needs to be in the vehicle. A lot of the things I plan for my troop require collaboration with another business/agency. I make calls after call and plan everything only to have the place we are going mess everything up.

Being a GS leader is a lot like daycare except I don't get paid. Parents show up late, early, send children unprepared, expect me to constantly remind them of meetings etc. Currently I post about meetings on our Facebook page since a few don't ever check their email, email all of the parents because a few don't have Facebook and text one family because they don't use either. I do have a great co-leader, a great group of girls and invested parents but even with all of that its a lot of work and can be overwhelming.
Trust me, I completely understand it's a lot of work! It's why I've offered to help her repeatedly.

But it also sounds as if my issue with the leader is *completely* different than the issues you've had. I understand things don't go as planned, my issue is that there is NO plan. She's flying by the seat and it's obvious. Mostly because older DD's leader is so efficient, communicates well, and actually has plans that the differences are so obvious and glaring. Case in point, the one meeting I attended with DD, jam camp was brought up. I heard a lot of "I'm NOT going!" And "No way am I spending the night!" etc from the LEADERS
Even if they felt that way, it was soooo inappropriate to speak like that in front of the girls and parents. I had heard (for older dd's leader of course in her fabulous email) that spots for the camp were limited so *I* messaged younger dd's leader to as about the troops plans (not what she DIDN'T want to do, but what they WERE doing). Only then she started moving on it...

I hesitate to step in and start my own troop because I know it's not easy and it's a lot of work. But I really mean it when I say I can help and it ticks me off that she doesn't take me up on it when she clearly has too much going on and can't do anything.
Play Care 05:24 AM 01-21-2016
I got a message yesterday from younger dd's Girl Scout leader:

"Hey do u have job openings? I'm looking for something under the table cuz my Head Start job hasn't started yet"

Really.
Claraskids 06:18 AM 01-21-2016
Time to "train" the newest DCP. "Hey, mom, I open at 6:30! Not 6:15, 6:20, or even 6:27. And parking outside my house at 6:10 does not encourage me to turn on my lights or open my door any sooner!"
Provider_Manda 10:34 AM 01-21-2016
Well I'm taking advice from others and venting here to you lovely ppl instead. I had a dcm not only change dcb diaper (poopy) she bagged it up and left it on my couch then all the kids along with her follow me to the kitchen, I was letting out the dog. I turn around and she is in my snack drawer getting her dcd a cereal bar !! Who does that? I would NEVER have that much nerve to go through someone's cabinets. Just sayin!
Provider_Manda 10:11 AM 01-22-2016
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Time to "train" the newest DCP. "Hey, mom, I open at 6:30! Not 6:15, 6:20, or even 6:27. And parking outside my house at 6:10 does not encourage me to turn on my lights or open my door any sooner!"
I have the same thing happen...I use to rush to hurry and get ready. Now I open the door at the scheduled time they are to be here.
Play Care 10:18 AM 01-22-2016
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
Well I'm taking advice from others and venting here to you lovely ppl instead. I had a dcm not only change dcb diaper (poopy) she bagged it up and left it on my couch then all the kids along with her follow me to the kitchen, I was letting out the dog. I turn around and she is in my snack drawer getting her dcd a cereal bar !! Who does that? I would NEVER have that much nerve to go through someone's cabinets. Just sayin!
Yikes! Some major boundary issues for sure!
Play Care 10:22 AM 01-22-2016
This time of year STINKS! It's cold, gray, and blah! No matter how much sleep I get I always feel tired and blah. I haven't had the motivation to do anything - exercise, tax stuff, cleaning, etc and that's weighing heavily on my mind.
January and February can kiss my backside!
MunchkinWrangler 11:24 AM 01-22-2016
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Had that DCM too, no longer here. One morning I saw her parked down the block the minute my lights went on here she was. Not to mention, I was also letting her drop off 15 minutes earlier than my normal start time and not charging for it and then she would sit and chat for 15 minutes. Closed my shades more and that light never went on until I was ready after. Lesson learned.
Annalee 04:06 PM 01-23-2016
My dishwasher quit working on Wednesday It was 13 years old and had been a good one, but I am missing it!
Silly Songs 07:09 PM 01-23-2016
Are you replacing it ? My dishwasher is around 13 years old. I want it to break so I can get a new one !
Annalee 07:24 PM 01-23-2016
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Are you replacing it ? My dishwasher is around 13 years old. I want it to break so I can get a new one !
Yes, it is supposed to be here Monday!
Miss A 08:41 AM 01-25-2016
My Granddad passed away last night, and services will be tomorrow and Wednesday. I informed families this morning that I will need to be closed for a family services and funeral both days. One mom text me, 'can't you provide a back up care provider?' My response "I am sorry, but as you know, my family is my back up. They are unavailable to assist at this time. Here are 2 other local providers that may be able to assist. As a reminder, as stated in your contract if is the parents responsibility to line up an alternative care provider". Mom 'oh, okay. I guess I will have to figure something out.'.

I am sorry, but some days I get tired of parenting the parents. Read the contract, and please do not make me feel guilty for taking time off that I need to spend with my family!
Controlled Chaos 08:49 AM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
My Granddad passed away last night, and services will be tomorrow and Wednesday. I informed families this morning that I will need to be closed for a family services and funeral both days. One mom text me, 'can't you provide a back up care provider?' My response "I am sorry, but as you know, my family is my back up. They are unavailable to assist at this time. Here are 2 other local providers that may be able to assist. As a reminder, as stated in your contract if is the parents responsibility to line up an alternative care provider". Mom 'oh, okay. I guess I will have to figure something out.'.

I am sorry, but some days I get tired of parenting the parents. Read the contract, and please do not make me feel guilty for taking time off that I need to spend with my family!
I'm sorry for your loss
Annalee 09:14 AM 01-25-2016

I had this happen to me when my dad died....even had one parent call the others to try and get them not to pay for my time off! I was more hurt than mad....You learn the hard way this is a business and you can't expect clients to make the right decisions so set your contract/policies and stand by them!!!
Blackcat31 09:52 AM 01-25-2016

I am sorry for your loss

Great response to your DCM though!!
finsup 10:36 AM 01-25-2016
Dcb (almost 3) enters house with a huge meltdown...again. He's been coming since he was 2m old, is fine within minutes of dcd leaving (does a very quick goodbye, dcd is great about that) but those few minutes of crying etc wake up my own kids and are completly unnecessary.

Meltdowns because I don't respond to "demands" of wanting his cup. Cups are out at meal times, with water. Not his precious juice that gets dumped for water or milk every day.

Meltdowns over lunch because, well, I don't really know why on this one. Probably because he's not getting his juice.

Calms down from lunch meltdown, nibbles food which makes a mess and takes forever to eat. Is told for the millionth time, real bites only. Meltdown number 2.

Gets over lunch meltdown number 2 and instead of nibbles he shoves a ton of food in his mouth, coughs, spits it out, and huge meltdown again.

Now it's nap and oh yeah, already had to go in there to tell him to stop whining. I don't care how much you "don't want to" its nap time, rest, sleep, I don't care, but you're not getting up until 2:30.

Playtime this morning? Spent tattling or taking toys from people. Project time? Meltdowns because he refuses to take the cap of the glue stick himself (yes, he can do it, and easily, when he wants to).

And this has been the past month with him *sigh.* I really like the family but their discipline is so inconsistent. One parent allows child to do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Other parent tries to discipline but is only sometimes, depending on how tired they are etc. Here, well, its a very different picture. Dcb is not liking it at all and well I'm just burned out on the same thing day after day after day.
Miss A 12:36 PM 01-26-2016
Potty training. Enough said.
Snowmom 08:05 AM 01-27-2016
Potty training. Enough said.
Ha. That's mine today too.

That and "tell your kid no, it won't scar them for life".

DCB2 comes in the same Spiderman sweatshirt he's worn for the last 3 days now. Covered with food stains and stinks. But he "just won't wear anything else".
Rockgirl 08:21 AM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Ha. That's mine today too.

That and "tell your kid no, it won't scar them for life".

DCB2 comes in the same Spiderman sweatshirt he's worn for the last 3 days now. Covered with food stains and stinks. But he "just won't wear anything else".
Or wash it at night!
MsLisa 06:03 AM 01-28-2016
I really worry about myself sometimes...or at least my "quirks".

I haven't even started working yet and I’m already starting to mentally plan out ways to better the room. For example, I noticed right away that there were no baby books to read to them. I read to my daughter every day/night while holding that bottle and up till she turned 8. I think its a wonderful thing to do when they're young and really helps them. Heck, I will go out and personally get them myself if needed cause it makes me oddly happy. But I don't want to step on toes right out of the gate, being just an assistant. They could use some better toys, the teacher is a little meh about the messes....but anyway! I'm already jumping ahead of myself and that's what gets me in trouble. I am a seeker of "better" and its frustrating to hear it nag me in my mind. I can't do that any more.
Must. Resist.
Play Care 06:53 AM 01-28-2016
The 3 yo who refused much of his breakfast is now insisting on sitting in his chair and demanding snack. I put him down and said its not time, come play! Only to get back up in his chair grunting at me.

The 4 yo DC girl always to do other things. It's only 9:30 and I've been asked 347 times if we are going outside. The thing is as soon as I introduce one activity she's quickly bored and asking for another. It takes longer to get out/set up then she actually plays. And as soon as we get out, she'll be the first one wanting to come in.

My favorite 21 month old is getting "handy" with the other kids.

I really want a day to just hide under the covers.
Josiegirl 09:54 AM 01-28-2016
Is it a terrible thing to tell a child you're busy and cannot help them right at that moment but will when you're done?
Dcm comes in this a.m. and says have you heard J tell you she's too busy when you ask her to do something? I kinda chuckled and said yeh. The dcg is 2 yo. 'I wonder where she gets it from?' asks Mom. I say 'I don't think they need to 'get' stuff from anywhere, lots of times they come up with it on their own'. Dcm hoped she hasn't been saying it and dcg heard it from her because she'd never be too busy. Then dcm kinda gives me a look so I am honest with her and say 'well, if I'm in the middle of something that I can't tear away from, I'll tell the dcks that I'm busy right now but will help as soon as I can'.
I truly do love her dd so much and think she's a sweetie pie but she can be very demanding and want people/things/time all to herself a lot of the time. It's evident with how she acts here. I truly don't think it's a bad thing to not always be available every single moment of one's day, even if she was the only one here.
Rockgirl 10:40 AM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Is it a terrible thing to tell a child you're busy and cannot help them right at that moment but will when you're done?
Dcm comes in this a.m. and says have you heard J tell you she's too busy when you ask her to do something? I kinda chuckled and said yeh. The dcg is 2 yo. 'I wonder where she gets it from?' asks Mom. I say 'I don't think they need to 'get' stuff from anywhere, lots of times they come up with it on their own'. Dcm hoped she hasn't been saying it and dcg heard it from her because she'd never be too busy. Then dcm kinda gives me a look so I am honest with her and say 'well, if I'm in the middle of something that I can't tear away from, I'll tell the dcks that I'm busy right now but will help as soon as I can'.
I truly do love her dd so much and think she's a sweetie pie but she can be very demanding and want people/things/time all to herself a lot of the time. It's evident with how she acts here. I truly don't think it's a bad thing to not always be available every single moment of one's day, even if she was the only one here.
I say it all the time! Heck, when are we NOT in the middle of something?
mommyneedsadayoff 10:54 AM 01-28-2016
So dcm thinks we should all drop whatever we are doing to help her snowflake? Does she have more than one kid? I can only imagine being in the middle of changing a poop and having to stop just for her child! Oy! Parents never cease to amaze me! They do realize the Earth revolves around the sun and not their child right?
Blackcat31 11:23 AM 01-28-2016
I would have told mom that one of the fundamental requirements for surviving adulthood is learning how to wait.

Bank lines
Check out lines
Restaurants
Traffic lights
Doctor's appointments

I can think of hundreds of other situations in which some one must wait so I am seriously dumbfounded that a parent hasn't grasped that concept yet.
MsLisa 07:19 AM 01-29-2016
The only sad/bad thing about working with infants is that it makes you miss how little your kid use to be. It makes me ovaries cry (aka baby fever!).

My daughter use to be so helpless and lovable back then. Now she practically lives in her bedroom with the door shut playing online games with friends and barely tells me about her day. She's an 8yr old with a 15yr olds life already. ~sigh~

I would love another one but there is no way my always financially worrisome husband would ever agree. He says he's "good" and doesn't want to go back to the times we "struggled". He rather have money and a new bathroom or new couch....
OH well. Other people babies will have to do.....
ChelseaB 10:31 AM 01-29-2016
I am so miserably sick. I almost NEVER call off work unless I am vomiting or if I know for certain that I am contagious. However, I believe that this may be a cold of sorts that the DCK's shared with me....and instead of getting better, I'm definitely regressing.

Oh, please let me get through this day quickly!
Jack Sprat 11:25 AM 01-29-2016
Sent dcg home with a temp of 101.00 yesterday. The rule is 24hrs fever free no meds. DCM sends text last night asking if dcg can come today. She didn't have a temp after yesterday morning and ran around and played, according to DCM.

Really hacked me off. She knows the rule. She knows that I have sent two kids home this week with fevers, she knows that their is something going around. Really frustrated me that she even asked.
Annalee 11:30 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Sent dcg home with a temp of 101.00 yesterday. The rule is 24hrs fever free no meds. DCM sends text last night asking if dcg can come today. She didn't have a temp after yesterday morning and ran around and played, according to DCM.

Really hacked me off. She knows the rule. She knows that I have sent two kids home this week with fevers, she knows that their is something going around. Really frustrated me that she even asked.
I am right there with you! These parents just make me go
Febby 08:02 PM 01-29-2016
The only sad/bad thing about working with infants is that it makes you miss how little your kid use to be. It makes me ovaries cry (aka baby fever!).

My daughter use to be so helpless and lovable back then. Now she practically lives in her bedroom with the door shut playing online games with friends and barely tells me about her day. She's an 8yr old with a 15yr olds life already. ~sigh~

I would love another one but there is no way my always financially worrisome husband would ever agree. He says he's "good" and doesn't want to go back to the times we "struggled". He rather have money and a new bathroom or new couch....
OH well. Other people babies will have to do.....
Working with infants has the opposite effect on me. I spend the entire time being mildly annoyed that they can't do anything for themselves. I like them a lot more once they start walking.

As for my vent, today DCG4:
On a completely related note, DCG4 will not be back.
Josiegirl 02:22 AM 01-30-2016
Originally Posted by Febby:
Working with infants has the opposite effect on me. I spend the entire time being mildly annoyed that they can't do anything for themselves. I like them a lot more once they start walking.

As for my vent, today DCG4:
  • slapped me because I told her she had to sit in her chair at the table
  • attempted to climb onto the top of the cubbies because she wanted to take her name off the bulletin board because "it's stupid"
  • kicked the floater (teacher) in my room because her pants were gray (?????)
  • threw a nap mat at me
  • started screaming about 15 minutes into nap for no obvious reason
  • escaped from the director's office and came running back to my classroom door during nap and started kicking said door (while screaming "you can't catch me")
  • hit her mom with a book when she was being picked up

On a completely related note, DCG4 will not be back.
Oh MY! I've had kids do those kinds of things also. BUT not all in the same day and done by the same kid! Yikes!
Thank God it was Friday and she won't be back.

I have nothing to complain about. I just wanted to come and see what everyone else was dealing with. Hope you all have better days ahead.
Josiegirl 10:32 AM 02-02-2016
I've always wanted to be a foster parent, even 25 years ago. Then I went to a training on foster parenting, watched films and was soooo eager to apply and take classes. Then we found out at that same meeting home providers aren't allowed to become foster parents? So this was a couple years ago.
This a.m. I'm having a really good talk with a dcm who fostered for many years and ended up adopting 2 of their foster kids(who now come here for dc). Evidently 1 of these dcgs has brothers who were in the system too, don't know if they've been adopted or not. But dcm saw 1 of them, sitting in a car at Home Depot, for 45 minutes, with another child of about 5-6. After watching a few minutes to see if an adult was coming out, she called the cops. Then dcm and the cops waited awhile longer. They ended up having to page the people who owned the vehicle. But the 2 kids had been left in there for at least 45 minutes. Why oh WHY are we lowly dcproviders not allowed to foster children????? And she said this person is a business owner in our town.
So dcm and I were talking about leaving kids in cars and how paranoid we both are about it. Another time she was in DD, a mom went into DD to grab a coffee, left a child in the car screaming his head off and when she came back out to the car, yelled at him for screaming. Yeh she might have been in there 5 minutes but still.....was that cup of friggin' coffee more important than her son??
DaveA 05:23 AM 02-03-2016
Why is it the child who normally I spend half the time telling to stop running in my house suddenly makes a comatose snail look like Mario Andretti when the bus shows up 5 minutes early?
Miss A 05:37 AM 02-03-2016
Dear DCM- Please do not ever contact me at 5:00am again, to ask if they have plowed my highway. Use the DOT website that tracks where the snowplow has been, or, use common sense! I do not know at 5:00am if the road has been plowed, as my alarm does not go off until 6:30am. Oh, now that I am awake you want me to check on the road? No. You are a grown-up big girl. Do what other grown up big girls do. And at drop off, do not act pissy with me because I would not go out and check on the highway at 5:00am, and do not complain about there being "drifts" on the road to me. I do not control the weather, nor do I control the DOT snowplows.
finsup 10:28 AM 02-03-2016
I don't care if we're acquaintances, you will not be dropping your child off to me for free. I was not impressed when you changed from 2-3 hours a day to 6:45-3:00 and yes you will absolutely pay a high price for that early. Your child will also not bring his tablet, his own food or stay up at nap. And no, you will not be dropping off tomorrow as you have neglected to come over, fill me in on your kids allergies/issues, signed any contact or filled out any paperwork. Sorry lady, the answer is no. Guilt trip me, give me every sob story you can think of, the only reply you will be getting is "I don't feel we are a good fit for your Childcare needs. Thank you for your interest and good luck in your search!"
*sigh* why do people seem to think their entitled to free care and rules don't apply to them?!
Leigh 11:10 AM 02-03-2016
I've always wanted to be a foster parent, even 25 years ago. Then I went to a training on foster parenting, watched films and was soooo eager to apply and take classes. Then we found out at that same meeting home providers aren't allowed to become foster parents? So this was a couple years ago.
This a.m. I'm having a really good talk with a dcm who fostered for many years and ended up adopting 2 of their foster kids(who now come here for dc). Evidently 1 of these dcgs has brothers who were in the system too, don't know if they've been adopted or not. But dcm saw 1 of them, sitting in a car at Home Depot, for 45 minutes, with another child of about 5-6. After watching a few minutes to see if an adult was coming out, she called the cops. Then dcm and the cops waited awhile longer. They ended up having to page the people who owned the vehicle. But the 2 kids had been left in there for at least 45 minutes. Why oh WHY are we lowly dcproviders not allowed to foster children????? And she said this person is a business owner in our town.
So dcm and I were talking about leaving kids in cars and how paranoid we both are about it. Another time she was in DD, a mom went into DD to grab a coffee, left a child in the car screaming his head off and when she came back out to the car, yelled at him for screaming. Yeh she might have been in there 5 minutes but still.....was that cup of friggin' coffee more important than her son??
How sad. BTW, I am a foster parent-it depends on the state you live in. Check again to see if rules have changed or exceptions are granted?
MunchkinWrangler 11:40 AM 02-03-2016
Tired of pointless, waste of time interviews. I really need to fill my last 2 spots! Everyone is looking for infant care in about 4-5 months. I'm clear about my full charge holding fee because I cannot go without the income and I've been burned twice before. Had one on Monday, emailed her twice and told her over the phone about the full charge fee. Get through most of the interview, and they say the holding fee is a dealbreaker.
Have a referral coming tomorrow, super rude over the phone. Looking for temporary infant care. Seemed like she wanted to be in control on when to set up the interview. I gave her one option instead of 2. I'm already not feeling it, as I am not impressed with her teenager/Kardashian sounding talk over the phone. UGH!!!
Hoping for a good family soon!!
lovemydaycare0912 04:47 PM 02-03-2016
Hello! Came to see what you guys were venting about. For me? Hmmmm nothing too crazy today. I explained to a dcm i will be closing in 5 weeks just 15 mins early as I have a doc appt 1 hr away. She then goes yeah I was wondering why dont you just clise early when you have your appts. This is the same mom who freaked out about my addition of a vacation and anytime I can't help her past my closing time. She goes you know im flexible as long as you can help me out somehow too. Blah blah blah
jellybean953 05:59 PM 02-03-2016
new to this forum, but I needed somewhere to vent.

Today, a mom dropped off her son as usual and passively aggressively asked me to change her son's diaper because he peed on the ride over. I hesitantly agreed and then she watched me change the diaper. If she was not in a hurry and had time to watch me diaper her son, why couldn't have she changed her kid's diaper herself? I am so tired of parents thinking the minute they walk into the center, they have no responsibility over their kid! Yes, my job is to provide care for their children, but I feel resentful when parents do crap like that.
childcaremom 04:34 AM 02-04-2016
Dcb4 came in this morning. Not listening. Whining. Pouting. "I'm tired."

He's been here 45 mins and I'm ready to call it a day.
Blackcat31 05:29 AM 02-04-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
She goes you know im flexible as long as you can help me out somehow too. Blah blah blah
That's just another way of saying, "Do what works for me and I won't have a tantrum when you close etc"

Originally Posted by jellybean953:
new to this forum, but I needed somewhere to vent.

Today, a mom dropped off her son as usual and passively aggressively asked me to change her son's diaper because he peed on the ride over. I hesitantly agreed and then she watched me change the diaper. If she was not in a hurry and had time to watch me diaper her son, why couldn't have she changed her kid's diaper herself? I am so tired of parents thinking the minute they walk into the center, they have no responsibility over their kid! Yes, my job is to provide care for their children, but I feel resentful when parents do crap like that.
TOTALLY understand! Welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Dcb4 came in this morning. Not listening. Whining. Pouting. "I'm tired."

He's been here 45 mins and I'm ready to call it a day.
I have the same kid. Been going on for weeks now. It's exhausting even when I try not to pay any attention to it.
If you call it a day and leave..... take me with you!!!

daycarediva 09:11 AM 02-04-2016
5yo dcb has been off the wall bonkers for the last few weeks, like he has a highfructosecornsyrupespresso IV or something. I am ready to pull my hair out!

I can't trust him out of my line of sight, and the second my back is turned he is doing something crazy wild, (hand stands, karate, jumping off furniture, etc). We get a LOT of outside time, hours in the am yesterday and an hour in the afternoon. I had him running, jumping, racing kids, playing basketball, anything to get him moving. It didn't even calm him a bit. Yesterday afternoon he was on all fours spinning in circles while I was prepping another kid to leave (trouble with the transition home). He ended up knocking the side of his head HARD on the table and was so dizzy he nearly threw up.

When his Mom got here he was throwing things at everyone, intentionally knocking things over, running around the house with his muddy boots on, etc. I had to hand over hand assist him to get dressed and all but pushed him out of the door.

Dh started LOUDLY playing "HIT THE ROAD JACK" on the stereo.
Play Care 09:47 AM 02-04-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
5yo dcb has been off the wall bonkers for the last few weeks, like he has a highfructosecornsyrupespresso IV or something. I am ready to pull my hair out!

I can't trust him out of my line of sight, and the second my back is turned he is doing something crazy wild, (hand stands, karate, jumping off furniture, etc). We get a LOT of outside time, hours in the am yesterday and an hour in the afternoon. I had him running, jumping, racing kids, playing basketball, anything to get him moving. It didn't even calm him a bit. Yesterday afternoon he was on all fours spinning in circles while I was prepping another kid to leave (trouble with the transition home). He ended up knocking the side of his head HARD on the table and was so dizzy he nearly threw up.

When his Mom got here he was throwing things at everyone, intentionally knocking things over, running around the house with his muddy boots on, etc. I had to hand over hand assist him to get dressed and all but pushed him out of the door.

Dh started LOUDLY playing "HIT THE ROAD JACK" on the stereo.
Sounds like my 4 yo DCB

My house is a center hall colonial, and I have the one doorway blocked off with the changing table so there is only ONE entrance in the play area. It's for safety and supervision. Every day the 4 yo boy *moves the changing table* to scoot in the "wrong" way.
This morning I told him flat out that he's getting a time out if he does it again and I don't care if his parents are right there.
MsLisa 09:31 AM 02-06-2016
Finished my 1st week as a full-time infant teacher assistant and I知 sooo zonked. I didn't think I would feel so drained after dealing with SA kids for 2yrs. Its a total different demon. Even though my natural motherly instinct is on full force, I find myself googling stuff during my breaks trying to "fix" infant troubles and behaviours. I have a horrible habit of going into SA mode, knowing full well a 1yr old isn't going to care how sharp I say "no". Its....a lot. Accepting moments where you just have to let them cio a little so you can make a bottle or that no matter how much you try an over tired 9 month old is ok to scream like the world has ended.... no matter how much it digs under your skin and makes you sweat.

One thing that bothers me, although silly, is how little these infants (4m to 1yr) babble. I find myself constantly going "ba ba ba", "da da da" and etc cause I知 convinced they should be at least that far in language. I'm constantly labelling things they play with and mimicking conversations with them but to no avail. I use to read to my daughter daily and by 6m she was saying "ice" and babbling like a fool. We don't have any books in the room, let alone read to them and these kids only screech. Only 1 actually babbles and is good at trying to mimic your words. I don't know....I always get obsessed with such small details.
auntymimi 05:10 PM 02-06-2016
I'm just so beyond done with the ridiculous non-parenting of my parents. School age girl (11) I've had for some time now has always had trouble with hygiene and it's getting worse. I've been mentioning to mom about the boots she insists on wearing with no socks and even after washing the odor is awful. Lingers in my home even after she's gone. Mind you, this isn't a poverty situation. Baby brother and sister are always clean and dressed appropriately and the boots are Ariat boots for goodness sake! Dcg doesn't want to be clean and mom "doesn't want to fight with her about it". Just like she didn't want to "fight" with the baby to get him to sleep without being held with a breast for a soother all night so he could sleep in daycare, and she didn't want to "fight" with the 4 year old about dressing appropriately for weather or going to bed on time. I can talk to this little girl until I'm blue in the face, Heck I've bought her the damn socks! She come to my home again today, after a beauty pageant of all blessed things, with the same boots on with no socks.
She's crying out for attention from her mom and her mom just can't be bothered. Yet when I say something AGAIN I'm the bad guy? Same kid is getting ready to go at pickup, while mom is signing out, goes to my gross motor room and grabs one of my bouncing balls (ball with a handle that kids sit on and bounce) and begins to throw it against my built in china cabinet in my dining area! Right in front of mom! Mom says nothing. When I tell her to put it down and she knows better, rather sharply because that's b.s., mom looks at me like I'm the most evil woman in the world. WTH? Oh, it's ok sweetie. Go ahead and destroy ms. M's house. So over it. If you can't/won't/don't want to take responsibility for the raising of your children, please for the love of Jimminy Cricket, quit producing so gosh dang many of them! Ugh. I feel better now.
Ariana 09:38 AM 02-08-2016
Finished my 1st week as a full-time infant teacher assistant and I知 sooo zonked. I didn't think I would feel so drained after dealing with SA kids for 2yrs. Its a total different demon. Even though my natural motherly instinct is on full force, I find myself googling stuff during my breaks trying to "fix" infant troubles and behaviours. I have a horrible habit of going into SA mode, knowing full well a 1yr old isn't going to care how sharp I say "no". Its....a lot. Accepting moments where you just have to let them cio a little so you can make a bottle or that no matter how much you try an over tired 9 month old is ok to scream like the world has ended.... no matter how much it digs under your skin and makes you sweat.

One thing that bothers me, although silly, is how little these infants (4m to 1yr) babble. I find myself constantly going "ba ba ba", "da da da" and etc cause I知 convinced they should be at least that far in language. I'm constantly labelling things they play with and mimicking conversations with them but to no avail. I use to read to my daughter daily and by 6m she was saying "ice" and babbling like a fool. We don't have any books in the room, let alone read to them and these kids only screech. Only 1 actually babbles and is good at trying to mimic your words. I don't know....I always get obsessed with such small details.
Kids are so far behind these days! Get used to it I don;t know if it's because of iphones or self absorbed parents. it sucks.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36  ... Last
Reply Up