Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>???
kayla 03:12 PM 02-24-2012
ok so that child i called cps on his mom just called at 5 im closed so i did not answer..she didnt leave a message.. would you guys call her back?? I dont think its about the incident because the social worker hasnt called me back yet and they have not recieved my written report...and imop she would have picked the child up if she had an issue??? right?? I mean my husband said she left at 4:00 she could have come if she had something to discuss, and her husband shows up right at 5...
Cat Herder 03:25 PM 02-24-2012
I'd call and get it over with.

No need imagining the worst all weekend, right?
Heidi 03:52 PM 02-24-2012
I agree with Cat...

"Hey, it looks like I missed a call from you"

Just prepare in your mind what you will say if SHE brings up his injury. You do NOT have to tell her you reported it. Just that you are concerned, and that you have documented it.

I would also consider sending a "Dear Families" letter to all your families that EFFECTIVE immediately, if a child receives ANY injury at home, it MUST be reported to you so that you can document it. "we all know that accidents can happen, and to avoid any misunderstandings, please report any accidents your child has had to me upon arrival" In WI, we are required to put all injuries in a bound, numbered medical log. One of those bound theme books is fine. Number all the pages, and use every page (not just the front). Do not skip lines, and put a line at the end of an entry (like on a check).

If a child arrives has an injury, we enter the childs name, time, date, and describe the injury(ie: a quarter sized bruise on the right eye), AND how it occured, and then sign it. If it happened at home, the parent should also sign it.

NO child should ever arrive at your dc with an unaccounted injury! If you don't want to do a log, then have the parent just right it down, or make up an injury report in Word. Something! What if YOU get blamed next time?

If you are feeding a baby when he comes, then baby has to wait for a moment. This sort of thing is just too important to let slide!
Tags:cps
Reply Up