Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When a parent says they are going to move
grateday 07:23 PM 07-01-2015
Ok so parents say they are going to move but

House is not on the market yet and it has been months since they said that

I am wondering because I have people calling interested and I am thinking backfilling the spot when gone

But I am stuck because I don't know. I will not term the family but I feel like a nosey person because I check the real estate listings every couple of weeks to see if house is on the market and it is not.

I hope they know houses don't always sell fast. I personally would not want to be moving when I have SA's in school during the fall, its too much. I would try to do it in the summer but that is just me.
Thriftylady 07:42 PM 07-01-2015
Are you holding a deposit? If not I would change my policies and get one. Other than that not much you can do if you want to keep the family.
AmyKidsCo 07:54 PM 07-01-2015
If they told you they were going to move I'd just ask them outright what's going on. Let them know that you've been getting calls and don't know what to say to people. I'd also ask them to let you know ASAP when they've got dates set, otherwise they may just give you 2 weeks.

OTOH, they may not be serious about moving. When our girls were young their best friends' mom said every 2-3 years that they were moving. She even toured houses and picked one out a couple of times. But 16 years later they're still on the block.
Laurel 04:13 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
If they told you they were going to move I'd just ask them outright what's going on. Let them know that you've been getting calls and don't know what to say to people. I'd also ask them to let you know ASAP when they've got dates set, otherwise they may just give you 2 weeks.

OTOH, they may not be serious about moving. When our girls were young their best friends' mom said every 2-3 years that they were moving. She even toured houses and picked one out a couple of times. But 16 years later they're still on the block.

Laurel
Blackcat31 07:37 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by grateday:
Ok so parents say they are going to move but

House is not on the market yet and it has been months since they said that

I am wondering because I have people calling interested and I am thinking backfilling the spot when gone

But I am stuck because I don't know. I will not term the family but I feel like a nosey person because I check the real estate listings every couple of weeks to see if house is on the market and it is not.

I hope they know houses don't always sell fast. I personally would not want to be moving when I have SA's in school during the fall, its too much. I would try to do it in the summer but that is just me.
Maybe they are moving but not selling the house.....
Or selling privately.
Or renting it out.
Or losing it to foreclosure.
Or planning to remodel after they move and then selling...

As for their SA kid... Maybe the move won't require the child to switch schools.

The possibilities are endless... If you want to know and are comfortable doing so; ask them.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 08:34 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:

this Around here some house sell before they are ever listed.
Reply Up