Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Got a Call, Like Right Now
countrymom 05:44 AM 08-18-2011
asking if I charge by the hour I know when they ask at this hour that this means their sitter cancelled on them (she didn't even ask how much I charge) sorry I don't do "sitter cancelled on me children"
SimpleMom 05:51 AM 08-18-2011
lol.....EVERY call I get asks what I charge hourly!!! It's the norm here. I don't, of course. Started out that way and it's just too hard to live off of that

wdmmom 05:52 AM 08-18-2011
Sure, I charge by the hour, it's $8 an hour (double my regular rates). When asked why so much...there's a $2.00 per hour convenience fee applied to all part time hours.
Cat Herder 06:02 AM 08-18-2011
I always have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that I will be harboring a kidnapped child when I get call like that...

I have mental flashes of all the tactical agents crashing through my windows ala' Natl Lampoons Christmas Vacation.....

I always tell them they need to contract with a pre-interviewed back-up or drop-in provider and they act like I am speaking in tongues..

Is that really not a commonly known thing???
countrymom 08:22 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I always have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that I will be harboring a kidnapped child when I get call like that...

I have mental flashes of all the tactical agents crashing through my windows ala' Natl Lampoons Christmas Vacation.....

I always tell them they need to contract with a pre-interviewed back-up or drop-in provider and they act like I am speaking in tongues..

that is a great movie, we watch it every christmas. Funny how when you tell them they have a contract to sign they act like they have never signed a contract before.
Michelle 08:54 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

Tags:back up care, drop in care
Reply Up