Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newsletters
tenderhearts 08:41 PM 07-19-2010
I started doing a newsletter every month which all my parents really like it. What's a good way of welcoming 2 children to the group that aren't siblings? Every time I think of something it sounds like they are siblings and they are not. Plus I sound the same each time I welcome someone so I could use something different. Any ideas? thanks
Michael 08:42 PM 07-19-2010
A few more threads on Newsletters: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=newsletter
JenNJ 05:22 AM 07-20-2010
I do a blog for my newsletters. It saves on paper (which cuts my costs) and it is private so just daycare parents can see it. This way I can use as much room as I need without worrying my newsletter will be 5 pages long! I can just type and entry as it comes to mind.
TGT09 05:26 AM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I do a blog for my newsletters. It saves on paper (which cuts my costs) and it is private so just daycare parents can see it. This way I can use as much room as I need without worrying my newsletter will be 5 pages long! I can just type and entry as it comes to mind.
What website do you use for your blog? And, how to keep it private.

Do you feel like your parents actually take the time to go and read it every month? I have handed out paper newsletters a few times but I'm not sure if they even read it so I would imagine they wouldn't read it either.

I have a daycare website so maybe I should just put it on there?? It would be available to anyone that had my website though.
JenNJ 05:44 AM 07-20-2010
I use Blogger. Just make it so that only people you invite can read it. I have a feed that goes out that lets the parents know when a new post goes up.

My parents read it. They like it because they can just check it at work, etc. I use it for pictures too which is nice.
tenderhearts 07:27 AM 07-20-2010
do you have any ideas how to welcome two kids in it? I always sound the same plus when I do it it keeps sounding like they are siblings and they aren't, so I just wanted some new suggestions on how to word it. I'm pretty sure most of my parents read it, or at least skim it, at least so far
MarinaVanessa 07:35 AM 07-20-2010
Are they starting on the same day? If not you could introduce them by saying something like "Please welcome Tommy who (started/will start) on xx/xx/xx and Betty who (started/will start) on xx/xx/***x. We are very excited to have them join our group ... blah blah blah". If they will both start on the same date you can always use their sign-up date (date they signed the contract) willing, of course, that they also didn't sign up on the same day.

Giving some of the child's info can help too, just don't give out too much info and make sure it isn't personal info like birthdates, addresses etc. "Tommy has no brothers or sisters but has a dog he loves named Spot. Betty is the youngest of 2 children and loves vanilla ice cream". Hope it gives you some ideas.
Pammie 07:44 AM 07-20-2010
I use something like this in my newsletters to announce new additions to our group...

"On Monday, August 8, we welcome Suzie and her parents Jen and Dave to our daycare group! Suzie is a wonderfully delightful 2 year old that I'm sure will charm her new friends as quickly as she melted my heart at our initial interview.

By adding the parent's first names, it gives your current clients some reference to the new faces that they'll be seeing around your daycare, as well as differentiating separate families!

Good luck with your new clients!!!!
momma2girls 09:41 AM 07-20-2010
I started a monthly newsletter about a year ago, it works well. I welcome any new ones here. I also place activities that they need to remember, such as show and tell, pajama day, stuffed animal day, etc. Then I also place days off, holidays, etc. and let them know about each of them, also on the bottom, I put in reminders, (like please no pick ups or drops during our naptimes here) THe parents like them as well. I also place birthdays as well. I think this is it.
gbcc 10:12 AM 07-20-2010
My news letter is divided into sections. I have a section New Friends. I just say welcome x and y to our daycare. X will be starting care on .... Y will be starting care on ....
Tags:newsletter
Reply Up