Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking for Ideas to Help Me Disinfect Toys
Pepperth 05:57 AM 08-16-2020
I am located within a school building, and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to disinfect toys throughout the day. Basically my goal is to grab toys after kids use them and put them into a bucket for disinfection as soon as the bucket fills up. I don't really have a lot of space to spread things out. Is there a product out there that is like a strainer bucket within a five gallon bucket? Almost like a mop bucket where I could soak items in the solution and then lift it out. Ideally, the strainer would set on the bucket for drying. I love the idea of using a mesh bag, but do not have any place to hang the bag to dry.

Or really any other ideas that you think might work.
Cat Herder 06:02 AM 08-16-2020
I use a bathtub and mesh laundry bags. I then hang them to dry on the deck, in the sun.
lovemykidstoo 06:22 AM 08-16-2020
I used to put mesh bags in the dishwasher but you may not have one in the center. Can you put up some sort of a clothes line and hang mesh bags?
Mariposa 08:12 AM 08-16-2020
When I worked at a school I was allowed to use their speedy dishwasher. I bagged items in a mesh bag-called laundry or sport ball bags. You may ask to use their laundry services or get the OK to take home? Many don't like using their own material and time-I didn't care neither did my company.

Dishwasher-all wet! Would need towels to lay it on.
Laundry-no legos, bigger items..i tied the string around because once I had a tiny lego disaster in my machine.
I would have a specific center I deep cleaned that way per day vs just spray down and take dressup home every Fri to wash.
Mariposa 08:22 AM 08-16-2020
If you don't have access to machines-
If you have access to clean without kids and the ability for the school's kitchen sink or your own you can get a mesh bag and a large container. Fill it with appropriate bleach and water; let sit a few, and dump water. If you have your own sink just sit it in there and close the drain.
Hope that helps.

I spent 7 years in a "mobile" classroom-a before and after in a gym. We had to push in and out our wheeled shelves twice a day into a small room that was also my office-like a walk in closet size. It was luxury to be able to leave our stuff out at night if they did not use it for some other extra curricular activity.
Michael 11:45 AM 08-16-2020
Here are some previous threads on cleaning toys: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=toys+-+clean
Tags:disinfection, soaking toys, toys - clean
Reply Up