Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Loading Kids Into Strollers
PeanutsGalore 09:42 PM 03-17-2011
I have steps in front of my house and have to pull the stroller down the front stairs, then load the kids into it one at a time. I lock the wheels on the stroller, put one in, run back into the house, and then run back out with the other one. Neither of them is out of sight the entire time, but how do you all do it with more than two? I can't imagine taking more than 2 kids out at a time...
Abigail 11:16 PM 03-17-2011
Have the kids line up at the door and be all ready to go before you open the door to begin loading into the stroller. If you have walkers who listen, use a walking rope as a guide and tie it to the stroller.
Meyou 02:11 AM 03-18-2011
I have the stroller set up and ready to go outside before I even get the kids dressed. Same for the wagon in the summer when we go to the beach. Then we all get ready and go outside together. Big kids (3+) must stay in the driveway until we leave and little kids sit on the step and wait for their spot in the stroller or wagon. I start teaching my little ones to go down my front stairs alone when they just start walking. By 18 months they have it down. If I have any that can't make it down alone they would sit on the top step until I come get them.
Missani 11:20 AM 03-18-2011
I set up the stroller by the front steps, get the kids ready, then take them all outside. Everyone sits on the front steps while I load the 4 kids riding in the stroller from youngest to oldest. When everyone is loaded, THEN the big kids can get up from the steps and come walk next to the stroller. That way the big ones can help make sure the little ones stay sitting on the steps. It's all part of the plan.

So far I haven't had more than one at a time that cannot sit up, so I can do this. I just take the non-sitting baby right to the stroller to load first. This summer I will likely have 2 non-sitters, so I will have to figure out how to do it. Likely I will lay one on a blanket just inside the door, leave the door open, and proceed like before.
Sunny Day 02:47 PM 03-18-2011
I have a garage and there is only one step down to it. I have the wagon or stroller set up right there and the kids line up and I lift them down the step into it. Works fairly well for me
Tags:strollers
Reply Up