Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Good Quality Outdoor Stuff?
SilverSabre25 08:34 AM 02-08-2013
Like, buckets, pails, shovels, etc? Sand toys essentially.

Almost everything we have of that nature is totally trashed. Balls too. It all needs replaced this spring. I would like to replace it with decent stuff that will actually LAST.

What do you buy?
Blackcat31 08:37 AM 02-08-2013
garden supplies.

Trowels and hand rakes as well as buckets and pails. (I think Fiskars brand)

99 cents - $5 in the graden section at Wal-mart, Target or Home Depot.

That stuff last forever!

Oh and for balls...this is going to sound funny but I am serious.....I buy big playground balls (for outside pay) and soft throw balls (for inside) at Petco in the dog section. They also last forever.
SilverSabre25 08:41 AM 02-08-2013
Awesome idea! I never would have thought of the dog balls (I'll just heh heh not mention where they were bought :P ) though I had started thinking that gardenin tools would fit the bill nicely. Wasn't sure if it would be "appropriate" though. I over-think things sometimes.
canadiancare 08:44 AM 02-08-2013
I buy my sand toys in the mesh bags at the hardware store. Maybe 5,99$ each. A few years ago I bought 5 sets of everything and they are still going well- admittedly our sand play time is a lot shorter than many of yours is.

We have really good snow shovels for the kids and I wish I could remember the name of the company but they also make adult scrapers and shovels.
Blackcat31 08:47 AM 02-08-2013
Originally Posted by canadiancare:
We have really good snow shovels for the kids and I wish I could remember the name of the company but they also make adult scrapers and shovels.
For winter shovels I buy the ones they sell for you to keep in your trunk. The ones that the handles telescope to a longer length and are used for digging yourself out of snow.

Like these

canadiancare 08:51 AM 02-08-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
For winter shovels I buy the ones they sell for you to keep in your trunk. The ones that the handles telescope to a longer length and are used for digging yourself out of snow.

Like these
nice mine don't telescope they are solid plastic and come in different colours...I can't remember the brand to save my life. We will be getting some use of them after nap today, for sure.
Sugar Magnolia 10:40 AM 02-08-2013

Like these
Wow I really need one of those snow shovels with the telescoping handle!! Not for snow, obviously, but for sand! Nobody sells those in Florida! (shocker). Where did you get that and I hope its available online!
Blackcat31 10:45 AM 02-08-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Wow I really need one of those snow shovels with the telescoping handle!! Not for snow, obviously, but for sand! Nobody sells those in Florida! (shocker). Where did you get that and I hope its available online!
Target.

Here is the link for on-line ordering http://www.target.com/p/collapsible-...1&term=shovels
canadiancare 10:49 AM 02-08-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
My parents are currently wintering in Naples and are on a Costco trip for me today. Your US stores carry stuff we can't get here.
Blackcat31 10:52 AM 02-08-2013
My parents are currently wintering in Naples and are on a Costco trip for me today. Your US stores carry stuff we can't get here.
I heard you are all getting Target stores though!
canadiancare 10:55 AM 02-08-2013
I heard you are all getting Target stores though!
yep there will be one about a 30 minute walk (downhill) away.....I could walk it and then bus home but the way I shop I probably would die trying to lug my crap home back up the hill
Blackcat31 10:59 AM 02-08-2013
yep there will be one about a 30 minute walk (downhill) away.....I could walk it and then bus home but the way I shop I probably would die trying to lug my crap home back up the hill
My sister works for Target Corporation and is one of the people in charge of opening new stores and traveling to the new stores and training the staff.

She has been busy complaining about how much different things are there compared to here.

Some of your stores require wording in both French and English and alot of your stores will have self-check outs too...which is still not something all U.S. stores have.

She said some of the products offered are different too based on needs in your area vs needs in other areas. Interesting none the less.
canadiancare 11:02 AM 02-08-2013
My sister works for Target Corporation and is one of the people in charge of opening new stores and traveling to the new stores and training the staff.

She has been busy complaining about how much different things are there compared to here.

Some of your stores require wording in both French and English and alot of your stores will have self-check outs too...which is still not something all U.S. stores have.

She said some of the products offered are different too based on needs in your area vs needs in other areas. Interesting none the less.
Ah she must be talking about the stores in my area. We are completely bilingual here so all signage is both English and French. My store will be one of the mall conversions from a former Zellers.
Tags:balls, digging toys, outdoor toys, pails, playground balls, sandbox toys, shovels
Reply Up