Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Advertising New Hours
Stephnrich 04:03 PM 08-11-2015
In one month I'm changing my operating hours from 7:00-5:45 to 8:15-3:15; more geared towards Mother's Day Out. I take kids 18 months - 5 years, provide breakfast, lunch and snack and provide Mother Goose Time curriculum year round. Because of the change in hours, I'll be losing a little over half my current kids, going from 12 to 4 or 5. I need help coming up with a new way to advertise my program, help with wording and such. My brain is such a mush right now from making the decision to chsnge my hours and feeling guilty/sad over losing so many great kids and families.
Blackcat31 04:54 PM 08-11-2015
Originally Posted by Stephnrich:
In one month I'm changing my operating hours from 7:00-5:45 to 8:15-3:15; more geared towards Mother's Day Out. I take kids 18 months - 5 years, provide breakfast, lunch and snack and provide Mother Goose Time curriculum year round. Because of the change in hours, I'll be losing a little over half my current kids, going from 12 to 4 or 5. I need help coming up with a new way to advertise my program, help with wording and such. My brain is such a mush right now from making the decision to chsnge my hours and feeling guilty/sad over losing so many great kids and families.
Are you looking to tell your current clients why you are changing hours or are you looking to advertise to a new group of clients?
Stephnrich 05:33 PM 08-11-2015
I've already told my current clients, all of which I really love and am sad to be disappointing. I'm looking to advertise to a new group.
midaycare 05:44 PM 08-11-2015
I can't think of what to say, but I know here a lot of Mom's Groups are run through churches. So maybe that is a possibility - advertising with churches. Some churches you can buy space in their bulletins. Smaller ones you can probably just post info at, if you talk to someone or know someone.

What size is your city? You might want to do a newspaper ad. It has worked for me very well, and I live in a city of about 20K.
Stephnrich 05:37 PM 08-12-2015
Several churches offer MDO through their of their church. My area is a mix of three small towns, averaging about 15 - 20k each, plus part of a larger town with about 50k. According to several Coast Guard families I've gad, it's a weird set up lol.
Reply Up