Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids that take a bus to school from daycare - Question
Unregistered 12:00 PM 08-15-2012
I have a kindergarten child that will be taking the bus to and from school from my day care home. The bus stopis right across the street.

Do any of you have a policy or contract for this as far as what your responsibility is for this arrangement?

The parent wanted something.

Any ideas or samples would be great!
SilverSabre25 12:06 PM 08-15-2012
I was just writing a letter on that topic for my dcf's as my DD is starting kindergarten next Monday.

I would have it include the times that the bus is supposed to arrive and at what time you will have dcb ready for the bus (probably ~five minutes before it's supposed to arrive), and where you will wait with him. Include contingencies for if he misses it for some reason (which would be your fault) and if he will be absent from school (parents need to call, not you). Also what you'll do if it doesn't drop him off on time or doesn't arrive on time (call the bus garage usually I think). You're obviously not responsible from the moment he steps ON to the bus until the moment he steps OFF.
Unregistered 12:20 PM 08-15-2012
This sounds perfect. I just wasn't quite sure where to begin.

I have cared for his since he was an infant. They know I will be sure he gets on and off safely, but DCFS has a form for transportation to and from walking, bus, etc. The form pretty much made these parents worry that I wasn't going to be watching him!

I told them DCFS is such minimum requirements and I go way above and beyond that. They should know that!

Thanks for the help!
Lilbutterflie 12:36 PM 08-15-2012
BIG ONE- include something that says parent MUST notify you in advance if child will not be riding the bus home (maybe got picked up early for illness or an appt). Said from experience, there is nothing worse than waiting for a child to get off a bus, and they are NOT on it! Sheer panic.
Reply Up