Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG - I Can NOT Believe What This Parent Did After Terming Services
sierrastreasures 05:14 PM 10-19-2010
Help me, I have a pit in my stomach and absolutely going from fumming mad to tears over one of my dc parents. Today my dcm gave me a two week notice and then left poop on the floor.

Things have esculated to the point that the dcm and I are somewhat cordial to one another but both of us can not stand to be in the same room, it's become that bad.

Monday I wrote a 2 week termination letter outlining my reasons for not continuing. Don't laugh but it turned out to be 3 pages long.

One of the major beefs she and I have is that the dcb who is 4 continues to soil his pant even though I send him to the bathroom ever 2 hours. Dcm continues to blame me for him not pooping and then going outside in her yard when he arrives home at night or going in the corner of his bedroom. He will not go poop here but if he does, he does not tell me even though all my dc children have bathroom breaks every two hours. Appearently he poops in his pants even if he is in the bathroom.

Today she shows up after 20 after lunch when she clearly told me she would be there on time. I waited to feed the children but she did not show up nor call saying she was running later than expected. Appearently her son had a blow out in his diaper at preschool.

Mornings between 9 and 9:30 telling me I need to feed her son because she is running late and had to change his poopy diaper. I've been putting up with her arriving 10 to 20 minutes late each night until I finally inplimented the late fee with a letter outlining the contract rules.

Anyway she shows up stating the reason why she is late is because her son had a "blow out" in his diaper. Yes she still puts him in diapers at 4. I had no idea he had diarreah so after his lunch the children carried on as normal. When she showed up tonight she seemed concerned that he may have had another "blow-out" and of couse he did. She took him inside to change him while I stayed outside with the other children. She then handed me a termination letter. I was relieved that she chose to end the childcare and I did not have to hand her my 3 page termaination letter.

I went back inside after all the children had left to see she had left poop on my floor where she changed her child and the smell was enough to knock me over literaly. It was really soooo discusting.

Tonight I called to let them know that since their son has diarreah he would not be able to come to daycare until he was symptom free for 24 hours. The father got livid with me and said he did not have diarreah and I was playing games with them becuase they gave me a termination letter. I told him I did not want to expose my other dc children with their sons sickness nor did I want to get sick myself. He said his son just holds his poop and that is why it was runny. GROSSSSSS!!!

In their termination letter they have made demands stating:

1. Since I work with hooked on phonics they would like a progress report upon their son's last day. I offer Hooked On Phonics because it's something I love to do.

2. They also want an account of all monies paid to me for his care for the beginning of this year.

3. My full name, tax ID# for their 2010 tax records

4 A copy of the health care inventory form packet that they submitted at the initiation of the contract.

5. Forms to complete and signed to dis-enroll their son from any program that I have signed him up for. I am only participating in the food program.

6. And finally a signed form to dis-enroll their son as a participant in the Food program. We have no such thing and the form I submit only goes to Social Services NOT them.

I'm in Maryland, I have no idea what I am expected to hand back to them according to daycare regulations. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can give me. I feel like I've been beat up emotionally by these two parents. I have altered my whole schedule for them becaseu they have been so demanding and I had no backbone from the beginning.

Now if you excuse me while I clean poop off my floor and then sanitise my childcare before I go to bed tonight.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 05:41 PM 10-19-2010
You will be so much better off without this family. They sound like a nightmare! I had a 4 year old in diapers but would also sometimes come in underwear at times when the mom said he was doing well, only to have him pee on my fabric kitchen chair and once he pooped on my floor He had medical issue that made his poo runny (on medicines from a kidney transplant) and it was gross.

Sounds like they want to be impossible with you. I don't know a thing about dis-enrollment forms...any family I let go, just left and never asked for a thing. I give all families a W-10 from minute menu after the end of the year, if they are no longer enrolled I send it in the mail...if they wanted it sooner I would just print it off, sign and give it to them.
bgmeyers 05:53 PM 10-19-2010
I would drop these people NOW!!!
Leaving that mess for you is grounds for immediate termination.

Then I'd send something like this:

1. I would write a note saying I do not do a formal evaluation of the children. If they want that, they need to have him tested.
2. Tax info is mailed by January 31st as that is the law.
3. Full name, EIN# (you need this to protect yourself from idiots like this) and all other needed info will be mailed to you in January. See #2
4. I would do this for them FOR A FEE if you have a copier. Make sure you keep a copy. It's just an immunization record.
5. Ask them to please be more specific. They don't know what they are talking about.
6. Add to the note that all forms will be completed by law. You will not be making extra work for yourself.
Crystal 05:57 PM 10-19-2010
WHEW! You poor girl....I feel for you, I really do.

First, collect yourself. Don't let this defeat you. Be PROFESSIONAL, in the end, you will be glad you did and will feel better about yourself.

I would first respond, in writing, to their demands. I don't have time now, but I will help you with that.

Now, you need to look at ther "demands" When you respond to them, you need to answer each of them. Spell it out to them. Now, here are mquestions for you:

1. Hooked on Phonics - did you ever promise them, in writing or verbally, that you would conduct assessments and share them with them? If you did not, then that is how you respond to the demand.

2.Account of all monies - do you have this information readily available? If you do, I suggest you give it to them. If you don't, but can gather it, respond that you will provide it by a specific date (within 2 weeks)

3. Your full name and tax i.d. # you are required to provide if a parent requests it. Go to http://www.irs.gov and print out a W-10. That is the form you need to provide that information on.

4. copy of the health care inventory form packet - Do you have any requirements to provide this? We don't have that in Ca. If you have it and they requested it, I see no reason not to provide it, but if your not REQUIRED to, you could respond that way and refuse to do it, unless they wanna pay for ink and paper

5. Forms to complete and signed to dis-enroll their son from any program that I have signed him up for - Simply state in your letter that you have not enrolled their child in any other programs, therefore there is nothing to provide.

6. And finally a signed form to dis-enroll their son as a participant in the Food program - as you said, this does not exist. They may contact the CCFP and verify that he has been dis-enrolled if they choose.
marniewon 06:01 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by bgmeyers:

1. I would write a note saying I do not do a formal evaluation of the children. If they want that, they need to have him tested.
3. Full name, EIN# (you need this to protect yourself from idiots like this) and all other needed info will be mailed to you in January. See #2
4. I would do this for them FOR A FEE if you have a copier. Make sure you keep a copy. It's just an immunization record.
5. Ask them to please be more specific. They don't know what they are talking about.
6. Add to the note that all forms will be completed by law. You will not be making extra work for yourself.
I SO agree with the above!! Drop them NOW. And then send a note like the pp said. I've never even heard of dis-enrollment forms!!
SilverSabre25 06:07 PM 10-19-2010
No advice, but omg that sounds like a nightmare situation. I agree with the pp who stated that leaving that mess for you should be grounds for immediate termination.

I'd also consider trying to get your next 2 weeks' payment, in cash, before providing any further care.

((Hugs))--after you get that mess cleaned up send you DH out to get you the yummiest, gooiest, baddest-for-you treat you can possibly think of. Then curl up in your most comfy clothes, watch your favorite show or movie on TV, and enjoy your treat. You DESERVE it, girl!
sierrastreasures 06:20 PM 10-19-2010
Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone. I can't thank you enough for being so supportive. I feel so much better already. You have offered excellent advice. You're right, I will keep my head held high and act professionally.

All of my dc parents have thanked me for offering Hooked on Phonics for their children. Not one was promised any results just that I would offer this on my own without a fee. No forms were signed only a verbal progress report every once in a while when asked. The child in question decided a few weeks ago that he did not want to participate with the other children so I have not included him lately. The program is not mandatory since Hooked on Phonics that are ready to learn. Needless to say I ejoy working with the children and now am discuraged about continuing with this program.

Thanks again everyone!
misol 06:46 PM 10-19-2010
I am so sorry this happened to you sierrastreasures. The way they behaved tonight was totally disrespectful and you should seriously consider terminating this family immediately.

I agree with bgmeyers and Crystal. You could tell them that since you do Hooked on Phonics as a group assignment you do not provide individual evaluations of the childrens' progress.

Since they may need a statement of monies paid for reimbursement purposes I would go ahead and send it to them now as long as they are paid in full. If their account is not paid up, then I'd tell them that they will receive a W10 in January.
QualiTcare 09:25 PM 10-19-2010
ugh - that is disgusting! first of all, it's disgusting that a 4 year old would be wearing diapers and crapping on himself. secondly, it's disgusting that a parent would leave a mess out of spite. if she thinks another provider will put up with that, she's got another thing coming! she needs to go ahead and look into special education for kindergarten bc i haven't met a kindergarten teacher yet willing to change a diaper - including myself! sorry, but it's not part of the job description!

don't let these people discourage you from doing hooked on phonics! my kid's old daycare offered it for a fee of $100 per month! if you're doing it as part of your program for no extra fee - i'm SURE the other parents appreciate it and they shouldn't be punished because of this one family.

i agree with the other advice, and consider this a BLESSING! if i were you, i wouldn't let him come back AT ALL! i don't care if his poop was runny "just because he holds it." she HAD to have known it made a mess and she did that on purpose. karma is a beeeeotch!
MarinaVanessa 07:39 AM 10-20-2010
Oy, I feel for you but yes you will be better off without them. You should type up a letter that says that you received their 2 week termination letter and make sure that you say something like "contrary to what you believe your child may not attend daycare because he has had diarrhea, not because I was given a notice of termination. In fact, I have my own termination letter that I was going to give you the same day at pick-up but since I was given one before instead I didn't need to give it to you" blah blah blah and quote your policy on diarrhea (sickness policy). I would offer to give them the letter if they requested it (JMO) as I would love to show them all of the issues that I had with them and my reasons for wanting to terminate, but that's just me. I would also mention the poop in the bathroom and how even mom can't get him to go in the potty and then left it on the floor and didn't even say anything and how it could potentially put the other kids in danger because of the sanitary issues. As for the rest of it (what they are asking you for):

Originally Posted by :
1. Since I work with hooked on phonics they would like a progress report upon their son's last day. I offer Hooked On Phonics because it's something I love to do.
I would say something like "Unfortunately I do have any reports since I do not keep a progress log. It is just something extra that I like to do with the children for fun"

Originally Posted by :
2. They also want an account of all monies paid to me for his care for the beginning of this year.

I have read in one of Tom Copeland's books that if you refuse to give them this info that they can still report the amount on their taxes and will just leave your information blank (tax ID or SSN) and if they are asked why it's blank and they say that it's because you refused to give it to them and that could trigger an audit for you. You do NOT need that!

What you can do however is not give it right away if you don't have it. You could just say that you will get it to them as soon as possible and mail it to them or offer it at the end of year when you do your record-keeping for taxes. Personally I would rather just give it to them right away and have them sign the end-of-year receipt and then I sign it also so they can't later say that it's wrong or try to fib on their taxes.

The end of year receipt has the date it was made out, who paid for the childcare, the amount that was paid this year (three-thousand four-hundred fifty two dollars and no/100 $3,452.00) like a check, my name, the dates that the child care was provided (1/1/2010-10/20/2010), my signature and their signature.

You can google W-10 and just print it out and fill it out. This just has your address, name, tax ID # and the parent's information. Make a copy of each of these and keep one for your records and give one to them or just have them sign two end-of -year receipts and give them one and keep one for yourself.

Originally Posted by :
4 A copy of the health care inventory form packet that they submitted at the initiation of the contract.
I don't know what this is but if you have it why not just make a copy of it and give it to them. If it's a private form or something that you are not allowed to give out for some reason then just say this.

Originally Posted by :
5. Forms to complete and signed to dis-enroll their son from any program that I have signed him up for. I am only participating in the food program.

6. And finally a signed form to dis-enroll their son as a participant in the Food program. We have no such thing and the form I submit only goes to Social Services NOT them.
Just say this in the letter also and give them the name, and telephone number of the food program so they can call after the two-weeks are up to confirm that he is no longer enrolled in the food program under your name. I would call the food program right away and tell them what this child's last day will be so that they don't try to call the food program and say he's already not there.

Good luck to you!! Keep us posted.
MommyMuffin 08:26 AM 10-20-2010
my advice would be to not take their child again not 1 day! I would make them come and sign a document stating last day of care, reasoning for termination.ect, have a part where you sign and they have to sign, if they want you can make them a copy.
I would not want someone so disrespectful around my children, my family or my buisness. I'm new to this but I would also talk to my licensor and let them about what happened in case the family tries to make a complaint or lies.
missnikki 08:41 AM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
my advice would be to not take their child again not 1 day! I would make them come and sign a document stating last day of care, reasoning for termination.ect, have a part where you sign and they have to sign, if they want you can make them a copy.
I would not want someone so disrespectful around my children, my family or my buisness. I'm new to this but I would also talk to my licensor and let them about what happened in case the family tries to make a complaint or lies.
Super-agree. All the advice so far is good, (I wouldn't mention the term letter you wrote though. The problem is already self- correcting without that drama added.) and the forms should be easy enough to gather ASAP.

I also think that by leaving poop on the floor, you should take that as an act of agression or disrespect on her part, and that as of today you should no longer be able to provide care for her son. I would notify her in writing that due to a lack of reasonable civility on their part, your services are no longer available.
Unregistered 08:42 AM 10-20-2010
I would NOT take them back NO WAY they could say you did something to there Son while in care for the last 2 weeks, they could try and sue and make up something these people sound like they would do something like this. email them right away tell them in a letter that he is no longer allowed in your daycare due to your concern for your safety over the way the parents are acting. Tell them you will MAIL all there tax info in January when you will have them ready and if they want his clothes, blankets, diapers, paperwork they can come and pick it up AFTER daycare hours and when your husband is home and it will be hanging on the front foor of your house.

I dealt with something like this before in MD when I lived there I got rid of a child for violent, disruptive behavior gave them a 2 week written notice mom called threating to beat me up cussing at me and everything else I just hung up on her and she called back leaving a message so I had to call the police it was crazy she didnt have anything at my daycare and she never called for her tax info so I didnt send it but I claimed it on my taxes.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:17 AM 10-20-2010
I would ignore 1, 4,5 & 6. I would print a w10 off, on the back write ,..

Total monies paid for Joey Myantra's childcare for 2010 at amazing day child care is $***.XX and sign and date it. Send it in the mail on his last day of care and ignore the rest.

If they ask you again for anything just simply say,.. I dont do progress reoports, dis enroll children from the food or any other programs, they simply just dont participate anymore. I also would tell them that aside from attendance records, all personal infoprmation is shredded upon the last day of care.

I'm in Maryland, I have no idea what I am expected to hand back to them according to daycare regulations. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can give me. I feel like I've been beat up emotionally by these two parents. I have altered my whole schedule for them becaseu they have been so demanding and I had no backbone from the beginning.

Now if you excuse me while I clean poop off my floor and then sanitise my childcare before I go to bed tonight. [/quote]
momma2girls 09:25 AM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by sierrastreasures:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone. I can't thank you enough for being so supportive. I feel so much better already. You have offered excellent advice. You're right, I will keep my head held high and act professionally.

All of my dc parents have thanked me for offering Hooked on Phonics for their children. Not one was promised any results just that I would offer this on my own without a fee. No forms were signed only a verbal progress report every once in a while when asked. The child in question decided a few weeks ago that he did not want to participate with the other children so I have not included him lately. The program is not mandatory since Hooked on Phonics that are ready to learn. Needless to say I ejoy working with the children and now am discuraged about continuing with this program.

Thanks again everyone!
No matter what you do, and do with the children everyday, there will still be some parents that are ungrateful no matter what!! Are they giving you a 2 week paid notice. I had to change my contract on this situation as well. Now it reads- If you decide to leave my daycare for any reason, there is a 2 week paid notice that must be paid in full on the day you give the notice!!
countrymom 10:03 AM 10-20-2010
I'm going to highjack the thread, but can you tell me about hooked on phonics-I've heard of it, but where do you buy it and what do you do.
AnythingsPossible 10:05 AM 10-20-2010
I ditto previous posters, that if you chose to continue the 2 week, get payment in advance from the family! I personally would forfeit the 2 week notice and drop them now.
kidkair 01:34 PM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by bgmeyers:

DITTO! I had a similar situation minus the poop and dropped them that day. I lost money on it but I lost the stress as well. Good Luck!
sierrastreasures 02:57 PM 10-20-2010
Hi everyone, I am so relaxed today because I did not allow the offender's child back in to my childcare today due to health issues. The children and I were so relaxed, today and it proved to be one of the best days I've had in a long time.

Below you will read the text correspondance that was exchanged by the dc parents and myself. Please keep in mind that the things she has accused me of is almost "word for word" of what she accused the last provider before I agreed to care for their child. So with that said ....

I sent a text today to both dcm and dcd stating:

"As you are aware, _____ will not be permitted back into childcare today due to multiple episodes of diarrhea yesterday. I think we all fully know well that dcm knew of his symptoms before showing up at my door late saying he had an “explosion in his pants" before he arrived yesterday. This is a health and safety violation putting my other dck's health at risk. Also by leaving loose watery feces smeared on my daycare floor for me to clean up and disinfect after dkm left was and IS unacceptable and is grounds for immediate termination. Also leaving a dirty pull-up full of odorous diarrhea loosely wrapped I a plastic bag UNDER my kitchen sink instead of disposing of it the trash can located in the bathroom was totally disgusting considering the smell was so over whelming and I had out of town guest coming in immediately after. Please pick up all of _____'s things as well paperwork by close of business on Friday."

DCM sent a text back to me stating:

"Dcd indicated that you agreed to end the contract early which works for me. As previously requested in my termination letter that I provided you yesterday, please provide for Friday

1) The summary statement for filing of all monies paid to you with your tax id number, provider name and number on it.
2) The health inventory form that was submitted to you and
3) Have the food program form ready for out signature to remove him from your program.

We both know that ______ does not have diarrhea that he is afraid to tell you if he has soiled his pants and that you let him sit in soiled pants for an extended period of time causing a big mess. Your behavior is and has been disappointingly unprofessional. Please stop the nasty phone calls and text messages."

I can NOT wait to greet them at my door on Friday handing them over to them only the necessary forms that are required from me as well as my their 5 page "immediate termination letter" as well as the little demon's blankie. I've decided to give them the tax info just to be done with it since I had it handy anyway.

Thank you all for your wonderful advice. I will keep this information close by for moral support knowing I AM a good childcare provider and my other dc parents and children adore me.
missnikki 03:21 PM 10-20-2010
Hi everyone, I am so relaxed today because I did not allow the offender's child back in to my childcare today due to health issues. The children and I were so relaxed, today and it proved to be one of the best days I've had in a long time.

Below you will read the text correspondance that was exchanged by the dc parents and myself. Please keep in mind that the things she has accused me of is almost "word for word" of what she accused the last provider before I agreed to care for their child. So with that said ....

I sent a text today to both dcm and dcd stating:

"As you are aware, _____ will not be permitted back into childcare today due to multiple episodes of diarrhea yesterday. I think we all fully know well that dcm knew of his symptoms before showing up at my door late saying he had an “explosion in his pants" before he arrived yesterday. This is a health and safety violation putting my other dck's health at risk. Also by leaving loose watery feces smeared on my daycare floor for me to clean up and disinfect after dkm left was and IS unacceptable and is grounds for immediate termination. Also leaving a dirty pull-up full of odorous diarrhea loosely wrapped I a plastic bag UNDER my kitchen sink instead of disposing of it the trash can located in the bathroom was totally disgusting considering the smell was so over whelming and I had out of town guest coming in immediately after. Please pick up all of _____'s things as well paperwork by close of business on Friday."

DCM sent a text back to me stating:

"Dcd indicated that you agreed to end the contract early which works for me. As previously requested in my termination letter that I provided you yesterday, please provide for Friday

1) The summary statement for filing of all monies paid to you with your tax id number, provider name and number on it.
2) The health inventory form that was submitted to you and
3) Have the food program form ready for out signature to remove him from your program.

We both know that ______ does not have diarrhea that he is afraid to tell you if he has soiled his pants and that you let him sit in soiled pants for an extended period of time causing a big mess. Your behavior is and has been disappointingly unprofessional. Please stop the nasty phone calls and text messages."

I can NOT wait to greet them at my door on Friday handing them over to them only the necessary forms that are required from me as well as my their 5 page "immediate termination letter" as well as the little demon's blankie. I've decided to give them the tax info just to be done with it since I had it handy anyway.

Thank you all for your wonderful advice. I will keep this information close by for moral support knowing I AM a good childcare provider and my other dc parents and children adore me.
We adore you, too. You ARE a good provider. I would be filtered if I typed what I would like to say to that parent.
sierrastreasures 08:42 AM 10-21-2010
THIS JUST WON'T end between these nut case parents and myself. Can you believe the dcm that left smeared watery feces on my tiled floor for me to clean up had me investigated today?

Of course I was cleared from any accusations and after hearing my side of the story the case worker agreed that these parents were out of line with their accusations. My case worker also agreed that this seems to stem over not allowing their child into childcare with diarrhea the next day.

When will this all end??????

Going to hug all my children now, little do they know it's really because I need one not them
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 10-21-2010
You still win because you no longer have to deal with them!!!!
My Daycare 09:39 AM 10-21-2010
Yes! You win! You passed the inspection and will soon never see these parents again. They have to live with themselves and their ignorant attitude for the rest of their lives and you don't. Since, their last provider had a problem also, they have many problems to come. I hope the kid turns out OK. Good luck!
momma2girls 10:09 AM 10-21-2010
THIS JUST WON'T end between these nut case parents and myself. Can you believe the dcm that left smeared watery feces on my tiled floor for me to clean up had me investigated today?

Of course I was cleared from any accusations and after hearing my side of the story the case worker agreed that these parents were out of line with their accusations. My case worker also agreed that this seems to stem over not allowing their child into childcare with diarrhea the next day.

When will this all end??????

Going to hug all my children now, little do they know it's really because I need one not them
Some parents are really a true work of art, aren't they???? How ridiculous!! I don't put anything past anyone anymore!!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:19 AM 10-21-2010
I agree!!! I had the mother of a 3 yr old angry that I didnt offer preschool like she wanted, we have a learning curriculum,... not apreschool for 3/4 yr olds. She actually called my referral service to gripe about how I wasnt making sure her daughter would be ready for kinder!!!! termed her..... Good riddance to your hemmoroidal parents!
juliebug 10:19 AM 10-21-2010
i am glad you passed inspection and can just move on. I think it is wounderfull that you just didn't take them back at all. you are a great provider, and handleing this very well!
sierrastreasures 10:30 AM 10-21-2010
I know, I know, I'm better off however I'm sure she's gloating over her conquest while I have to interupt activities I promised my children this morning, I hated this however we will make the best of this afternoon.

At this point I feel like mailing everything back to them. I DO NOT trust them to come to my door without a camera rolling. I wouldn't put it past them to call and say I slandered them at the door.

I had all forms that were required of me placed in the _____'s bag ready for them to pick up. Now remember I gave them a formal immediate termination as of today. Guess what I get a text on my phone while the investigator is here from dcd stating ______ will not be coming today. What is going on with these two nit wits. _______ won't be here? Does dcd and dcm not realize an immediate termination mean IMMEDIATE? What are they pulling?

I would now love to stetch out as far as I can the forms that I'm required to send to them and as far as their tax document and receipt of year end expenses... they're not getting it now until January 31, 2011. They want to play hard ball, well so can I!
MarinaVanessa 12:12 PM 10-21-2010
I would now love to stetch out as far as I can the forms that I'm required to send to them and as far as their tax document and receipt of year end expenses... they're not getting it now until January 31, 2011. They want to play hard ball, well so can I!
You and I think alike, this is exactly what I was thinking of telling you to do. I can't believe some parent's sometimes. It's parents like these that make it harder for other cases to get investigated properly because instead of a case worker handling a legit case of abuse/suspicious behavior in a daycare they're wasting their time investigating a perfectly wonderful provider all because of some vindictive batty people .

If they ask about the tax information just tell them that you don't have it yet and that it won't be ready until the end of the year because that's when your tax preparer can get to it ... then spill some coffee on it or something sticky before you mail it. Maybe a relative of yours will get sick with flu and you can have them cough on it ... or have your DC kids pick their boogies and smear some on the paperwork . Or not ... whatever works for you, I know it would make me feel better.
kidkair 12:13 PM 10-21-2010
Might be best just to hand the paper over tomorrow so that you don't have to revisit the stress come January.
sierrastreasures 01:25 PM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Maybe a relative of yours will get sick with flu and you can have them cough on it ... or have your DC kids pick their boogies and smear some on the paperwork . .
OMG that is hallarious!

Ok, this is what I found out. According to daycare regulations here in Maryland, the only information we are to provide to the dcp is our tax info which is name, address, and tax id. tax id is optional however I would not as another person said want red flags going up at the irs. All other forms including immuization records and health records are zilch. We are however required to keep them on file for 1 whole year.

I can not wait to greet this dcm and dcd tomorrow.
missnikki 02:45 PM 10-21-2010
Maybe a relative of yours will get sick with flu and you can have them cough on it ... or have your DC kids pick their boogies and smear some on the paperwork
Poop for poop.
MarinaVanessa 06:49 AM 10-22-2010
Ha ha ha, those are perfect words for this situation.
MommyMuffin 06:54 AM 10-22-2010
So how did it go???
sierrastreasures 07:49 AM 10-22-2010
It's now 11:15 AM and they have not shown up as yet. Since their normal arrival time at Childcare from the the child's Jewish preschool is at 11:45 I don't expect them before then.

As stated before, I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to informing them that their claims to the Childcare administration were investigated with no merit also, those that live in glass houses should not throw stones since I'm thinking about having them investigated for allowing their child to defecate and urinate outside in their backyard as well as in the corner of his room because as he states according to his mom that "he wants to be like his dog".
MarinaVanessa 08:19 AM 10-22-2010
As stated before, I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to informing them that their claims to the Childcare administration were investigated with no merit
I grew up as a young kid in the 80's so the phrase "Ooooooh, moded!" comes to mind for some reason lol.

Just as a thought however, I know you are looking forward to telling them about having them investigated and all but what if you just tell them the first part and the last part instead and let them come to their own conclusions?

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. You allow your child to defecate and urinate outside in your backyard as well as in the corner of his room.

Then this way it doesn't sound like you are threatening them, you were just bringing up a good point. It'll make her think twice and , hopefully, just make her nervous. Sometimes just knowing they're squirming is enough.
sierrastreasures 09:38 AM 10-22-2010
I grew up as a young kid in the 80's so the phrase "Ooooooh, moded!" comes to mind for some reason lol.

Just as a thought however, I know you are looking forward to telling them about having them investigated and all but what if you just tell them the first part and the last part instead and let them come to their own conclusions?

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. You allow your child to defecate and urinate outside in your backyard as well as in the corner of his room.

Then this way it doesn't sound like you are threatening them, you were just bringing up a good point. It'll make her think twice and , hopefully, just make her nervous. Sometimes just knowing they're squirming is enough.
Good point indeed! After giving some thought I'm not going to bring myself down to their level. My 6 page formal termination letter which includes "You allow your child to defecate and urinate outside in your backyard as well as in the corner of his room" says it all.

Thanks for the good advice!
Crystal 12:17 PM 10-22-2010
As much as it all sux, I would just let it go. I would not give them the termination letter. What purpouse, other than stirring the pot, will it serve? I know it's hard to take the high road, but it's not going to accomplish anything giving them the letter, and they might find a way to use it against you. If you have to give them a termination letter, I would make it short, and to the point. "Due to irreconcialable differences between child care provider and parents of ________________ ,effective ________, child care services are terminated. Should you have any questions, please schedule an appointment to meet with me outside of regularly scheduled business hours so that my time and attention is not taken away from children in care." Sign it, date it, MAIL IT, CERTIFIED. And be done.
BTW, I highly recommend to all providers that you do not use text mesaaging as a communication tool, ESPECIALLY when discussing termination.
Crystal 12:29 PM 10-22-2010
One other point I'd like to make....you need to leave ANYTHING that is not personally related to his care in your home and their treatment of you in your home OUT of the letter. What they allow their child to do in their own home, unless they are abusing him, has absolutely nothing to do with you and should have absolutley nothing to do with termination ( as far as they know)

I HIGHLY recommend keeping it all very professional and business related. They could easily use that letter to damage your reputation as a provider if they want too.

Please do NOT be offended, I am only telling you what I think is in your best interest.....I am not trying to be offensive or judgemental in any way.
Unregistered 12:46 PM 10-22-2010
I know many on the message board don't choose to acknowledge unregistered replies but for what it's worth, I totally agree with the above messages written by Crystal. The termination letter is not necessary; it's obvious they are not coming back. The last thing you want to do in this situation is add fuel to the fire. The more professional and detached you can be, the better. Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing they "got" to you.
sierrastreasures 12:49 PM 10-22-2010
Crystal, I would like nothing better than to stay as unemotional as you but the fact is they forged a letter, altering facts and faxed it to the child care administration. The dcm stated I wrote it which I did not. Anything I give to parents has both my signature as well as theirs. In truth the paper was a verbal conversation I had with the dcm. The parents had ignored my immediate termination 2 days ago and texted me stating that their dc son would not be here yesterday so I had to give them a formal termination today.

In the letter I gave them today were reasons for my reason for immediate termination including reasons why dc son could not be admitted with diarrhea.

Anyway it's over, dcd came and got dc son's things and stated he had no idea dcm pursued charges against me with the childcare association however never apologized for this nor the mess his wife left on my floor.

My husband called him back and told him not to bother me again either by phone or text.
Crystal 01:01 PM 10-22-2010
I did not see a post from you re. the "forged letter" See, that would be a reason for a civil lawsuit. I'd be looking into that, if they did such a thing, then they were attempting to cause you to lose your license, and should be held liable for that. (Did they sign your name on it? that's forging, saying you wrote it is not forging"

I STILL wouldn't have given the letter...especially considering they already sent one letter to licensing that wasn't a valid letter, I can only imagine what they might do with the real deal that you gave them.
missnikki 01:11 PM 10-22-2010
I would say that now is the time to forget that you ever had to deal with this wacko family, and move on! Don't dwell on it anymore, they've absorbed enough of your energy already.
If anything else pops up, we're always here for encouragement!!!
Tags:diaper, diarrhea, poop, termination, termination letter
Reply Up