Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation is Over...Back to Reality
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:48 PM 08-23-2010
Our family had a fabulous time on my one week vacation...camped at an area theme park for 2 nights and then headed to Niagara Falls and camped 2 nights there....LOVE Niagara falls...it is so beautiful. Already wanting to go back with just my husband for a little weekend get-a-way.

So today was back to reality...back to daycare. It rained all day and was in inside day...the kids all seemed to do very well today (well minus my own almost 5 year old, she's becoming a HUGE stinker! possible ADHD in the future??? ugg, something for me to watch, she's always been difficult). School is still another 2 1/2 weeks away for us, just hoping that time flies by...a few of them could use the added structure ASAP! and a break from each other.

I feel refreshed from daycare....it was JUST what I needed...2 1/2 years was WAY too long to go without any break at all. I will be making it a point to take at least 1 week every year, but if I can financially do it, 2 weeks sound better to me (1 week in the summer and 1 week sometime else).
boysx5 02:54 AM 08-24-2010
I just got back as well a vacation does a mind good. We start school next week so I just have to get through this week then life will be easy again. Glad you had a great time
DCMom 04:01 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
I feel refreshed from daycare....it was JUST what I needed...2 1/2 years was WAY too long to go without any break at all. I will be making it a point to take at least 1 week every year, but if I can financially do it, 2 weeks sound better to me (1 week in the summer and 1 week sometime else).
Wow, that is a LONG time to not have a vacation for ANY job but especially daycare! LOL
My4SunshineGirlsNY 05:29 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Wow, that is a LONG time to not have a vacation for ANY job but especially daycare! LOL
You are VERY right!! I found myself getting a VERY sour attitude about daycare and I knew I needed a break. I will never go that long again without a break..we ALL need it, especially with daycare!
Tags:vacation
Reply Up