Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Would You Charge
Nickel 06:25 PM 07-27-2012
I saw an ad and I'm thinking about responding. Someone is looking for a sitter for three girls 5mnth, 2, and 5 for one possibly two days a week. The days change, but I'm not worried about holding a spot or anything like that.

So how much would you charge for one day a week for three children and then how much for 2 days? My weekly rates are $125/child and my drop in is $6/hr. But that seems like a lot of money to charge for just one day

I know I might not even get it, but I'd like some suggestions before I respond to the ad. She just updated her ad saying she could do her house or the other persons (before it was only hers) and she gave the list of dates and it's literaly 4 days in aug. So not bad at all....

Suggestions? Please?
cheerfuldom 06:30 PM 07-27-2012
It depends on how bad you want the job...I guess your daily rate to be $25 or even $30 per child, per day. So somewhere around $75 for all three for each day.....or if you want to give a discount just to get some work for a few days, I would go for $60 for all three. I don't normally do discounts but really, I wouldnt mind it for four days, just to make some spending money. the good thing is that you would only interview one time for all three and they would all be coming and going at the same time. more than likely, the older two are on the same schedule because they are sibs.
Nickel 06:35 PM 07-27-2012
Yup yup and yup!!! And the best part is it's like 7-4. So the hours are awesome lol.

But I am possibly getting a 4 month old now and wasn't going to take other infants at all. And i told dcm I was only taking one infant, but for four days a month, I'm sure I could juggle two infants. idk, but for four days an extra 200 doesn't sound bad.

But that also means if i take on two others as planned, I would have double what I wanted, but again, only for four days a month. And my interview for Tues is for pt. Sooooooo... idk. I'm kind of torn. I would hate to interview if I'm not going to take it, but it doesn't sound bad and I'm guessing she either coudln't find quality care, or didn't have many applicants
cheerfuldom 06:45 PM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
Yup yup and yup!!! And the best part is it's like 7-4. So the hours are awesome lol.

But I am possibly getting a 4 month old now and wasn't going to take other infants at all. And i told dcm I was only taking one infant, but for four days a month, I'm sure I could juggle two infants. idk, but for four days an extra 200 doesn't sound bad.

But that also means if i take on two others as planned, I would have double what I wanted, but again, only for four days a month. And my interview for Tues is for pt. Sooooooo... idk. I'm kind of torn. I would hate to interview if I'm not going to take it, but it doesn't sound bad and I'm guessing she either coudln't find quality care, or didn't have many applicants
I think you could wing it. If the babies are not on any schedule, try to alternate them so only one is up at a time. I wouldnt necessarily do that if they were both full time, but this could make those 4 days work. If one is on a schedule, have the other do the opposite.
Nickel 06:57 PM 07-27-2012
That's a good idea. It would totally disrupt our day, but if it was only one day a week it wouldn't be that bad. We could just plan for fun days. But I'm wondering about the 5 year old. If she goes to school I'm not sure I want to pick her up. And she should be in school at 5 right? Maybe she goes to school with mom (she's a teacher). I guess I should apply and just get the information and see what happens. I could always tell her I'm sorry but it won't work for my schedule. It also means I'd have to get registered vice just listed, but I was planning on doing that anyway because I'm interested in the food program
Tags:rates
Reply Up