Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Online Montessori Training
AmyLeigh 08:39 AM 11-20-2012
http://worldwidemontessorionline.com/index.html

It includes 12 albums for a Montessori style preschool, at an affordable rate ($150-240, depending on slow or fast track). The next session begins in December, so I thought I would let others know, in case anyone is interested.

I was originally looking upper elementary albums, for my own children, and came across this.
daycare 08:45 AM 11-20-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
http://worldwidemontessorionline.com/index.html

It includes 12 albums for a Montessori style preschool, at an affordable rate ($150-240, depending on slow or fast track). The next session begins in December, so I thought I would let others know, in case anyone is interested.

I was originally looking upper elementary albums, for my own children, and came across this.
thanks so much for sharing .... I have been looking to take some classes related to this that are affordable..
littleblossoms 09:29 AM 11-20-2012
Is that in US dollars?
LaLa1923 07:00 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by littleblossoms:
Is that in US dollars?
yes US.

I was wondering what this is?
AmyLeigh 08:52 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
yes US.

I was wondering what this is?
I have emailed her for more info, but have not yet heard back. I will update when I learn more.
Crystal 02:22 PM 11-21-2012
While it could be interesting, I wonder if it is worth the money, as it is not an accredited program that can provide a valid certificate or "diploma" I'd like to see what is in the "albums", as that is what would show that it is truly montesorri and whether or not it is worth the money, considering you can find oodles of info about montessori for free on line.

For anyone interested, please be aware that she states "This course will give you the knowledge you need as well as the albums for curriculum needed to teach the Montessori Method. This course does not take the place of a course taught at a certified Montessori teacher training school. Please contact us if you need additional clarification on this issue."

I am going to see if I can find out more about the "albums"
amyece 08:45 PM 01-04-2013
I may look into this as a supplement to my formal early childhood education degree program. There are no Montessori schools near me but I am intrigued and would love to learn more. This sounds like an affordable way to accomplish this. Even though they are not certified, the fact that they do give you some form of a certificate means it can be included in my resume and would show that I am willing to increase my knowledge about how children best learn. Let me know if any of you do it.
Tags:montessori, online courses
Reply Up