Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>wwyd?
coolconfidentme 11:43 AM 10-04-2013
Postal carrier said she gave my package to a lady who fit the description of a DCM who denies even talking to the carrier. NO they should NOT have given her the package. I asked DCM in a blanket approach, like I was asking everyone, if they seen it or maybe a child could have picked it up & could she check her vehicle. DCM was very defensive.

4 days later DCM brings up package in a text. I said the post office stands behind their story & her check in time was around the same time the package was delivered. She was defensive again & change her story to giving the package to my SO. (He works in DC full time.) He texted her that she never gave him a package & maybe she could have given it to another person. She stopped by the pay & modified her story: the package had no labels on it & she didn't know it was from the post office, but she remembers giving SO the package.

The bottom line is she is not being factual. Her life is a drama & I don't want to deal with it anymore. We want to term, but not sure how to word this one. Anybody have any ideas? Please & thank you!!
MotherNature 11:51 AM 10-04-2013
wow! I'd just term her for stealing your mail..a federal offense, by the way. You may want to bring that up & say that the mail carrier is willing to corroborate your story in court. Especially fishy is that she changed her story! I hope it was nothing irreplaceable, but I'd tell her you were going to take her to collections and prosecute if the package was not returned. That's really crappy.
Leigh 11:51 AM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Postal carrier said she gave my package to a lady who fit the description of a DCM who denies even talking to the carrier. NO they should NOT have given her the package. I asked DCM in a blanket approach, like I was asking everyone, if they seen it or maybe a child could have picked it up & could she check her vehicle. DCM was very defensive.

4 days later DCM bring up package in a text. I said the post office stands behind their story & her check in time was around the same time the package was delivered. She was defensive again & change her story to giving the package to my SO. (He works in DC full time.) He texted her that she never gave him a package & maybe she could have given it to another person. She stopped by the pay & modified her story: the package had no labels on it & she didn't know it was from the post office, but she remembers giving SO the package.

The bottom line is she is not being factual. Her life is a drama & I don't want to deal with it anymore. We want to term, but not sure how to word this one. Anybody have any ideas? Please & thank you!!
You lied to me. As of today, I will no longer be providing services to you. Good luck in the future.
Crazy8 12:03 PM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
wow! I'd just term her for stealing your mail..a federal offense, by the way. You may want to bring that up & say that the mail carrier is willing to corroborate your story in court. Especially fishy is that she changed her story! I hope it was nothing irreplaceable, but I'd tell her you were going to take her to collections and prosecute if the package was not returned. That's really crappy.
I agree! I would terminate based on her lying and threaten with the above. was the package of much value? Some people really have no morals.
Margarete 12:39 PM 10-04-2013
stealing mail is a serious federal crime, and a felony no matter the value, not a smart move. It's nice that the postal worker knows her description. I would calmly mention how serious of a crime it is, and that you will have to turn the information over to the authorities if it doesn't turn up soon, and let her know that the postal carrier is giving her description. She may want to check her car again.
... or just term and turn the information over
Blackcat31 01:41 PM 10-04-2013
Um, Wow! I can't believe DCM would outright lie like that...I guess it takes all kinds huh?

I'm sorry this happened to you. I sure hope the package wasn't something confidential or really private/personal but I suppose that really doesn't matter as it was for YOU and not her.

I would simply call her and tell her that you don't feel you are able to continue providing care to her child considering the circumstances.

I would also make sure to mention that you WILL be pursuing this issue further taking legal action if necessary. I would FOR SURE mention the postal carriers statements and the fact that you WILL use that if need be.

I have a video surveillance system here at my daycare. I could prove in 3 seconds who handed what to whom....

Maybe you could tell her the neighbor caught it all on video and then see what DCM does/says... I AM KIDDING about that part but it sure would be nice it that were the case.
MyAngels 01:48 PM 10-04-2013
While I agree with everybody else as far as the dcm goes, I'd be equally upset with the carrier. What in the world were they thinking giving your mail to someone else in the first place?
preschoolteacher 01:49 PM 10-04-2013
Wow! Yes, I'd end services too. "Under the circumstances, I'm no longer able to continue care."

I can't believe the "I gave it to your husband" story! Of course you would check in with him! That's not even a clever lie...
Josiegirl 02:15 PM 10-04-2013
Wow, what is wrong with that woman? Usually liars come up with better stories. I wouldn't over think a term. letter for this one. But I agree completely with Mothernature.
mrsnj 02:22 PM 10-04-2013
Ok. Um. Wow! I am just jumping on here cause I want to see the outcome of this one! That takes major coconuts to do something like that!
Hunni Bee 02:31 PM 10-04-2013

That's seriously all I can come up with. Is she a pathological liar?

Term, and pursue legal action.
Brooksie 06:09 PM 10-04-2013

KidGrind 04:47 AM 10-05-2013
I would text her:

I've decided to make a police report regarding the theft of my package. Hopefully, the truth will come out and appropriate actions taken.
hgonzalez 06:28 AM 10-05-2013
Wow! I had a similar situation recently. My neighbor had a little cash that she owed me and had her daughter put it in between my two front doors. I saw the girl walk up my sidewalk and then got busy with the kids. Ten minutes later, a DCM showed up to pick up and she did and then left. I then remembered the cash, went down to retrieve it and it was gone.

I confirmed with the neighbor that it was put there, and it was. I texted the DCM and didn't get a response for 2 hours. She did say that she had it but blamed her autistic child (3), saying she wondered where he had gotten it from.

I was really upset by this; anything on my property belongs to me. She did return it the next day, but I don't totally trust them now. There is NO WAY the kid picked it up, as he bolts out of the door and fast as he can. Ugghhh...the things we go through!
BBDC 05:08 PM 10-05-2013
wow some people!
Starburst 05:36 PM 10-05-2013

4 days later DCM bring up package in a text. I said the post office stands behind their story & her check in time was around the same time the package was delivered. She was defensive again & change her story to giving the package to my SO. (He works in DC full time.) He texted her that she never gave him a package & maybe she could have given it to another person. She stopped by the pay & modified her story: the package had no labels on it & she didn't know it was from the post office, but she remembers giving SO the package.

I plan on putting in my contract that any type of disrespect towards me, my family, employees, other clients, or any aspect of my business can (and will) result in termination.

And I would consider lying and stealing to be very disrespectful (if her story is changing, she is lying about something).

Also make sure you keep a record of all her comments and the post office comments in case she tries to lie to licensing too.
coolconfidentme 04:59 AM 10-07-2013
DCM would NOT take a call so I texted her & said the mail carrier gave a statement of fact to her superiors because stealing mail was a federal offense. DCM then sends a text to tell me she won’t be back because her husband kidnapped her daughter. That’s the best story she can come up with??? I’m over her drama, but now have to collect childcare fees for breaking the contract. Some stories are stranger than fiction!
momofboys 05:01 AM 10-07-2013
DCM would NOT take a call so I texted her & said the mail carrier gave a statement of fact to her superiors because stealing mail was a federal offense. DCM then sends a text to tell me she won’t be back because her husband kidnapped her daughter. That’s the best story she can come up with??? I’m over her drama, but now have to collect childcare fees for breaking the contract. Some stories are stranger than fiction!
Sorry you are dealing w/this!
Luna 05:51 AM 10-07-2013
It took two hours to come up with that story? Good gravy . I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
I hope she is good at dealing with stress because it sounds like she sets herself up for a boatload of it.
Cradle2crayons 06:19 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Luna:
It took two hours to come up with that story? Good gravy . I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
I hope she is good at dealing with stress because it sounds like she sets herself up for a boatload of it.
Yes, I have a daycare mom that can't open her mouth without lying. But it's not pathological.... She knows she's lying and she does it so much, she's not real good at it. Or maybe I'm just good at knowing its a lie. Her boss and everyone else falls for it.

EVERY Saturday night, her car won't start, she gets pulled over, she got off work a few minutes early and went next door to hear a band but her friend she rode with wont take her back to her car, she had a flat. EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT.

Until I started requiring her clock in and clock out computer generated slip every single day she worked. Then suddenly all those horrible things never happened again. It was truly miraculous.
littlemissmuffet 06:23 AM 10-07-2013
"Sue, I am sorry that you seem to be going through a difficult time right now, but as per contract you still owe me $____ in lieu of the required ____ day/week notice period. Please note if this matter isn't dealt with immediately (by ______ date) then I will have no other option that to take legal action to collect all funds (including late fees) owing."

If I wasn't paid by the end of the week, I'd be filing in court. I would also, as another poster suggested, have a police report done up in regards to the stolen package. Document every single word/action exchanged between the two of you since the package went missing.
coolconfidentme 09:29 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
"Sue, I am sorry that you seem to be going through a difficult time right now, but as per contract you still owe me $____ in lieu of the required ____ day/week notice period. Please note if this matter isn't dealt with immediately (by ______ date) then I will have no other option that to take legal action to collect all funds (including late fees) owing."

If I wasn't paid by the end of the week, I'd be filing in court. I would also, as another poster suggested, have a police report done up in regards to the stolen package. Document every single word/action exchanged between the two of you since the package went missing.
WOW! That is pretty darn close to my termination letter I sent her. LOL
mamac 09:08 AM 10-08-2013

So I'm really curious what was so valuable to her in that package that she's willing to get termed over? I can't imagine anyone doing something like that!
Sugar Magnolia 10:00 AM 10-08-2013
"Your husband kidnapped her?!?! Well, lets call the police and get an amber alert started!"
coolconfidentme 01:07 PM 10-10-2013
UPDATE: DCM received my term letter with a final payment notice. She called wanting to know why she owed money when she won't be here for those two weeks. I advised her she stated her child was kidnapped & won't be returning to DC so I termed her..., per contract. Turns out her SO returned DCG the next day & she wants to come back to my DC. WhatEV! NOT A FAT CHANCE ON THAT ONE EVER HAPPENING! I hope she enjoys the the package of my husband's business cards she stoled. (Sorry for the vent)
Blackcat31 02:10 PM 10-10-2013
UPDATE: DCM received my term letter with a final payment notice. She called wanting to know why she owed money when she won't be here for those two weeks. I advised her she stated her child was kidnapped & won't be returning to DC so I termed her..., per contract. Turns out her SO returned DCG the next day & she wants to come back to my DC. WhatEV! NOT A FAT CHANCE ON THAT ONE EVER HAPPENING! I hope she enjoys the the package of my husband's business cards she stoled. (Sorry for the vent)
Wow~ She sounds a bit off the deep end...

Will you be pursuing any actions due to the stolen package?

I can't say I'd be willing to let that one go......not after the behavior afterwards.
coolconfidentme 02:23 PM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Wow~ She sounds a bit off the deep end...

Will you be pursuing any actions due to the stolen package?

I can't say I'd be willing to let that one go......not after the behavior afterwards.
Yes.., The postal carrier gave a written statement to her superior. Tomorrow I go give a statement & printed copy of her texts. I can't believe some people live in this type of drama.
cheerfuldom 06:16 PM 10-10-2013
this is so insane.

i had a really bad day with some daycare parents and then i get on here and read this thread and now i feel better LOL at least i dont have people stealing from me.

my word. i cannot believe this thread! this woman is insane.
Blackcat31 06:36 PM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
this is so insane.

i had a really bad day with some daycare parents and then i get on here and read this thread and now i feel better LOL at least i dont have people stealing from me.

my word. i cannot believe this thread! this woman is insane.
Sorry to hear about your day Cheer...
I hope things are better tomorrow.

countrymom 04:29 AM 10-11-2013
holy smokes, that is the most craziest thing I have ever heard. I would also make a police report, if she stole your package imagine what else she has done to others.
MotherNature 09:00 AM 10-11-2013
wow. What a crazy situation! Her husband kidnapped her daughter? What the what? And then wants to come back after all the drama....good luck finding a new provider, crazy lady. You're someone else's nightmare now. Hope you recoup what you're owed. And all for business cards.
coolconfidentme 09:20 AM 10-11-2013
wow. What a crazy situation! Her husband kidnapped her daughter? What the what? And then wants to come back after all the drama....good luck finding a new provider, crazy lady. You're someone else's nightmare now. Hope you recoup what you're owed. And all for business cards.
I told Vistaprint what happened & they sent me business cards.
YAY VISTAPRINT!!!
MyAngels 12:29 PM 10-11-2013
Maybe she's going around town impersonating your husband with his business cards .

Crazy people do crazy things after all
Tags:termination - lying, termination - reasons, termination - stealing, termination letter
Reply Up