Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Snow Snow So Much Snow
Unregistered 04:58 AM 03-26-2015
Is anyone else struggling with so much snow in their yards it's hard to do anything. We literally have 7 - 10 feet of snow ALL through my yard expect the drive way and the small snow blower path. I'm so sick of winter (even though it's spring) bundling the kids, went snow pants and mittens. Oh my lord am I tired of it. I dress 6-8 kids 2 times a day 5 days a week for outside play. They can do the majority of it themselves but it's still so time consuming. I want real spring
Shell 05:45 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Is anyone else struggling with so much snow in their yards it's hard to do anything. We literally have 7 - 10 feet of snow ALL through my yard expect the drive way and the small snow blower path. I'm so sick of winter (even though it's spring) bundling the kids, went snow pants and mittens. Oh my lord am I tired of it. I dress 6-8 kids 2 times a day 5 days a week for outside play. They can do the majority of it themselves but it's still so time consuming. I want real spring
My dh made us a whole bunch of paths around the yard, so that helped us.
But yes, I am so tired of all the gear that comes with winter!
I have a mostly young group, so I have to do a lot of the dressing and boots and mittens- such a pain!

A lot of our snow is melting- I have seen parts of chairs and wagons and toys that are just beginning to thaw I keep thinking how funny it's going to be, looking back on how the snow was up, and how I could touch the top of my wooden climber.

Hang in there, we're so close to nice weather!
Country Kids 07:38 AM 03-26-2015
I don't want to sound rude but please be thankful for the amount of snow you have received this year. Our mountains have had practically nothing and that is what we rely on in our area for the summer-run off for the rivers from the melting snow pack.

Our state is now declaring drought in two counties (rual farming counties) that desperately need snow/rain to keep going.

We live in one of the three rainiest states and now having to declare a drought. It is a very scary situation!

We would love to have all the snow you guys have!
Unregistered 07:46 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I don't want to sound rude but please be thankful for the amount of snow you have received this year. Our mountains have had practically nothing and that is what we rely on in our area for the summer-run off for the rivers from the melting snow pack.

Our state is now declaring drought in two counties (rual farming counties) that desperately need snow/rain to keep going.

We live in one of the three rainiest states and now having to declare a drought. It is a very scary situation!

We would love to have all the snow you guys have!
I would like to send it that way. Our kids have been out of school for days. Roads aren't open, some open one way. It's not safe for buses to travel. Many people are out of work and we have high poverty level here. It's really sad the situation this weather is putting people in. Plus all the flooding that's going to occur because of it. I can see it being a very costly mess for many.
Country Kids 08:09 AM 03-26-2015
Where exactly are you? I haven't heard of anymore major storms lately? I also haven't really heard anymore of the states still having a ton of snow but maybe since its "old" news they aren't covering it anymore.
Unregistered 09:04 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Where exactly are you? I haven't heard of anymore major storms lately? I also haven't really heard anymore of the states still having a ton of snow but maybe since its "old" news they aren't covering it anymore.
I'm in Canada, in the maritimes.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blo...e-winter-storm

And we've had a ton more durning March
Unregistered 09:20 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm in Canada, in the maritimes.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blo...e-winter-storm

And we've had a ton more durning March
Wow! I'm really sorry about all the snow you're dealing with, but you live close to one of my bucket-list destinations. (Anne of Green Gables nerd)
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:31 AM 03-26-2015
oh so jealous of your snow... I will trade you some mud
Puddleduck 12:59 PM 03-26-2015
I just moved from NS to Ontario so when I read your post my first thought was "I bet she's in the maritimes." Our winter was insanely cold (-20 to -40) but I would rather deal with these temps than deal with the amount of snow you guys got. So dangerous!
Reply Up