Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mission Statement
Thriftylady 02:03 PM 04-10-2016
I feel like my website needs a mission statement. But I don't like anything I am coming up with. Any advice for me?
Unregistered 04:33 PM 04-10-2016
I'd say it depends in your philosophy or your priorities. The work you do is for what purpose? Is your greatest focus: children, families, providing home like comfort, providing a solid foundation for education, healthy lifestyle, love of learning, play play play, etc...? From what I know of you, from your posts (this is calcare), you seem to value the children receiving the best care and an early education foundation that will support each of them in reaching their own potential. Something along those lines? And, although that may sound a bit generic at first, I don't believe it is. For me, I would say my mission is something about working with families to support children's development through play... Does this help?
Thriftylady 04:37 PM 04-10-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'd say it depends in your philosophy or your priorities. The work you do is for what purpose? Is your greatest focus: children, families, providing home like comfort, providing a solid foundation for education, healthy lifestyle, love of learning, play play play, etc...? From what I know of you, from your posts (this is calcare), you seem to value the children receiving the best care and an early education foundation that will support each of them in reaching their own potential. Something along those lines? And, although that may sound a bit generic at first, I don't believe it is. For me, I would say my mission is something about working with families to support children's development through play... Does this help?
That does help. It gives me a place to take off from somewhat I guess. Although I do try to also support families when I can, but I don't get those opportunities much. Or maybe I am narrow minded on my idea of "supporting" families. I mostly have resources and such I can offer if they ask me to help them find things. My families now don't seem to need that or want it.
Unregistered 04:42 PM 04-10-2016
Oh I'm sure you do, didn't mean to imply otherwise. Just trying to think of the coolest top priority (priorities) because having the mission drone on about every single thing you think is important would become too much I think...
Unregistered 04:42 PM 04-10-2016
Lol autocorrected. That said 'toppest' top priority. Not coolest
Tags:daycare business, daycare experiences, mission statement
Reply Up