Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Mat Advice
Heidi 12:31 PM 04-14-2015
I have those blue, stackable cots, and pillows and blankets. I don't like the sheets that you can buy for the cots, because it's a lot of taking them on and off every time for storage.

I was thinking of some nap "rolls" like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Lambs-Ivy-Nap-...P6RA6B64KAM097

But, the reviews are mixed. I'm not a fan of commercial characters, either, so no "Hello Kitty".

Any advice? One's your happy with? I don't really have time to sew anything, or I'd just make some.
k.mcmahan2010 03:09 PM 04-14-2015
What type of cots are you referring to that you have?

We have https://www.kaplanco.com/product/848...f-5?c=1|FC1030 (or similar at least, not sure what brand) and I don't take the sheets off to stack them. If the sheet covers the hole, I just move the sheet a little until I can stack them, or I put the rubber band part of the sheet in the corner hole and then on the leg of the cot, rather than over the cot..(does that make sense?)
butterfly 05:13 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by k.mcmahan2010:
What type of cots are you referring to that you have?

We have https://www.kaplanco.com/product/848...f-5?c=1|FC1030 (or similar at least, not sure what brand) and I don't take the sheets off to stack them. If the sheet covers the hole, I just move the sheet a little until I can stack them, or I put the rubber band part of the sheet in the corner hole and then on the leg of the cot, rather than over the cot..(does that make sense?)
. I was going to ask the same thing. I leave the sheet, blanket, and pillows on when I stack the cots. Love my cots. Never want to go back to mats or something similar.
Unregistered 07:31 PM 04-14-2015
I use these - http://www.onestepahead.com/mobile/K...by-Wildkin.pro
I really like them. I've had them for a couple years and they are still in great shape. Even my 5 year olds still fit in them. Best part - the kids can roll and put away themselves. I didn't like storing the cots. They took up room I didn't have to spare.
Kabob 05:09 AM 04-15-2015
I've ordered something like what you are looking at because they were on sale and I immediately saw why when they arrived. They are thin so they need a rug or blanket underneath for padding to make it comfortable. Otherwise, they wouldn't be very comfortable on hardwood floors.

If I could find my sewing machine, I'd just make my own with more padding. I saw something on pintrest that was like these mat rolls only it was just pillow cases sewn together with pillows for padding. Not sure how that would work out but super easy if you aren't an expert at sewing.
Crazy8 06:06 AM 04-15-2015
you mean to use on top of the cot? My daughter had one of those roll up mats from JCPenney years ago when she was in daycare. We brought it home to wash every weekend and it held up great the whole year.

I just switched from mats to the fold up regalo cots and just leave a crib sheet and light blanket on them when I fold them up. I don't allow pillows.
Heidi 11:41 AM 04-15-2015
What I have now is the blue stacking cots, with adult sized (flat) pillows and a nice fleece blanket in each child's color.

For the bottom sheet (required here), I just throw and adult sheet on the cot, because the ones that were given to me with the cots had really lose elastic and I thought they were no longer safe.

I don't think I can stack the cots here with the bedding on them, so that means every day, I have to put the sheet, blanket, and pillow on and off. I mean, it's not like coal mining or anything, but it's a pain because none of the kids are really old enough to help much (one tries).

I also hate that my ankles get banged every time I move those cots.

So, I can do the cots with some sort of mat/blanket combo, or I can get at least 2" mats that are softer (there will be carpet and heated floors at the new place), or I can get new sheets for the existing cots and hope that licensing doesn't complain.
AmyKidsCo 08:31 PM 04-15-2015
I have the tri-fold mats. The sheet is like a pillowcase that goes all the way around the mat and velcros closed at the bottom, and there's a lightweight blanket. The down side is that I can't stack them or store them together (you know - they might touch!) so I've got them spread all over the place for storage.
Tags:mats
Reply Up