Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Those With A Separate House For Daycare
Dabill 02:48 PM 01-10-2018
How do you handle the finances? Do you pay yourself and if so do you use your business or personal account to pay the mortgage and utilities?
Blackcat31 03:04 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Dabill:
How do you handle the finances? Do you pay yourself and if so do you use your business or personal account to pay the mortgage and utilities?
I don't pay myself. I pay the bills for my business (it's just a separate checking account and not really a business account as defined by my bank) and anything left over is mine.

The separate checking account simplifies things at tax time.
daycarediva 10:34 AM 01-11-2018
I don't have a separate house, but I do have separate bank accounts and HIGHLY recommend them to keep expenses separate. It's SUPER easy to go through my business bank statements to corroborate receipts/make sure I have everything at tax time.
TomCopeland 12:50 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Dabill:
If you do child care in a home you don't live in, you can deduct 100% of the cost of everything you spend on that home (utilities, supplies, food, toys, furniture, etc.). It doesn't matter if you have one bank account or a separate bank account for your business because you can deduct expenses from either account. Self employed providers don't "pay themselves." You can't deduct the money you earn. Instead, you can keep whatever money you want. Any money left over after you pay expenses is yours to keep.
Tags:separate house for business
Reply Up