Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whats Your Weather Today?
Country Kids 08:13 AM 03-21-2012
We are under a flood watch in our area-2-3 inches of rain today! The kids are really starting to go bonkers.

One area in our state is under winter advisories and the snow is falling like no tomorrow. 5+ inches I believe they are calling for!!!!

Oh yes, spring was yesterday-
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 03-21-2012
It is rainy and 51F degrees.

I don't mind the rain and am loving these early warm temps...

Country....that kind of weather really sucks!!! I feel for you because normally that is what we have going on here too for this time of the year!!

(((hugs))) and wishes for sunshine sent your way!!
DaycareMomma 08:41 AM 03-21-2012
It is 46, cloudy and a chance of rain all day I don't like days like this! I miss our 80 degrees we had this weekend....

Do any of you ever find yourselves cooking something on the stove or in the oven on cold days just to warm the house up?
wdmmom 08:43 AM 03-21-2012
Rain yesterday, Rain today and it looks like Rain tomorrow. I sure love Spring but I'm already tired of the rain and we haven't even made our way into April yet!
DCBlessings27 08:46 AM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by DaycareMomma:
It is 46, cloudy and a chance of rain all day I don't like days like this! I miss our 80 degrees we had this weekend....

Do any of you ever find yourselves cooking something on the stove or in the oven on cold days just to warm the house up?
It's 52 and rainy here. I turned off my heater when it got into the upper 70s, and I'm refusing to turn it back on. It's around 68 in the house now.

I use the oven to warm the house up or maybe even just run the cleaning cycle. I have a double oven, and they're separate from my flat top stove, so I could really warm up my house.
SilverSabre25 08:53 AM 03-21-2012
High of 84 degrees and sunny

That's a record-smashing 8 degrees higher than the previous record...and a jaw-dropping 30 degrees above average!
Maddy'sMommy 08:53 AM 03-21-2012
It's 20 here today, going up to probably 24 later. Which I think is between 68 and 75 in your crazy Fahrenheit. Lol.

It's been a ridiculously beautiful week. Major spring heat wave for Ottawa. It'll be back down between 10-14 (50-57) by the end of the week.
countrymom 09:14 AM 03-21-2012
well its 82 degrees today, in I'm in ontario, I love it. Me and the kids have been outside everyday for a couple of hours each day, I love this weather.
Breezy 09:16 AM 03-21-2012
High of 74!
Soccermom 09:33 AM 03-21-2012
Crazy hot for this time of year!! It is 75 here in NB! Calling for 80 tomorrow. Unheard of in this are for March! We are normally still buried in mountains of snow this time of the year. Yesterday the dcks were all outside sliding on the snow hill we made them (it has shrunk but is still standing) wearing rubber boots, tshirts and shorts lol!! I took pictures, it was so funny!
DaycareMomma 09:36 AM 03-21-2012
I also turned the heat off about a week ago. I refuse to turn it on! It's 66 in here right now. We all have long sleeves on and are doing just fine in them.

Where I live, this is very abnormal weather. I'm guessing by this weekend we'll need to mow our yard!
SunshineMama 09:39 AM 03-21-2012
Sunny and hot, with a high around 83 (in the midwest).

A few years ago we had a ton of snow this time of year so I am very thankful I am debating on whether or not to get the ac going today.
GoodKarma 09:44 AM 03-21-2012
Cloudy with a high of 71
e.j. 11:42 AM 03-21-2012
Sunny and 80.
Country Kids 12:24 PM 03-21-2012
It has been raining continously for the last 5-7 hours!!!! The little ones want to go outside but its just way to wet and cold out.

The birds are bathing in puddles in my play area, the dogs kennel which he is not in is so muddy and flooded.

My deck cannot absorb anymore water and there is just puddles everywhere. This is suppose to go on through tomorrow, stop friday, and start back up on Sat. for the week!
Bookworm 01:41 PM 03-21-2012
Sunny and 84 with a nice coating of pollen over everything because it hasn't rained I almost 2 weeks.
Greenplasticwateringcans 01:51 PM 03-21-2012
It's 8 here but sunny! We've had two weeks of storms so I'm happy to see the sun.
graham.shellbell 01:59 PM 03-21-2012
Sunny and in the mid 80's which is not what I'm thinking March in WI should be!! I wasn't ready to turn the air on yet but had to. Although its great for getting the kiddos outside!! A few weeks ago we had a giant snowman in our yard...now we have chalk drawings in the driveway!!
daycare 03:17 PM 03-21-2012
it is amazingly gorgeous!!! high 70's very mild breeze and sunny.....perfect weather today...
saved4always 06:21 PM 03-21-2012
It was sunny and near 80 today. I actually put the air on today and yesterday because the upstairs got pretty hot.
E Daycare 06:14 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
High of 84 degrees and sunny

That's a record-smashing 8 degrees higher than the previous record...and a jaw-dropping 30 degrees above average!
Next week it's supposed be back in the 70s which I'm so happy about! I told dh if this is how it's going to be starting now then it's going to be a loooooong summer and I'm not ready. Not being native of Ohio but living here 8yrs and I'm still confused what season it is.

I sent out a letter home to parents to remind them to send updated spring clothing but was confused if I should ask for swim gear too lol. Yesterday it was 84 out and if my hose didn't break this past Sunday I would've had out the sprinkler.

I don't remember it being this hot this early and technically when it was 80 on Monday it was still winter! I'm from upstate NY where winter is 9mo and we may reach 80 in August. March is a little early, and we've lived in Louisiana for a bit and never seen it this warm this early.

I've recently lost 25lbs And back to size 6/8 and I have NO summer things. It's been hot wearing rolled up yoga pants. Lol
Country Kids 06:34 AM 03-22-2012
Yesterday we ended up having 2.25 inches of rain and they are calling for more today. Outdoor sports schedules are being cancelled because of wet fields and such. Schools around us are on flood bus routes, we have some in other areas of the state closed to a massive snow storm.

Its just very, very wet outside.
MsMe 06:38 AM 03-22-2012
Rain, Rain, Rain, and more Rain.

We had nearly two weeks of sunny 80's and were really spoiled with so much outside play time this early in the year!!

Hope that weather comes back soon
Lucy 11:45 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Yesterday we ended up having 2.25 inches of rain and they are calling for more today. Outdoor sports schedules are being cancelled because of wet fields and such. Schools around us are on flood bus routes, we have some in other areas of the state closed to a massive snow storm.

Its just very, very wet outside.
Aren't you near me? We had 2 inches of snow overnight. I'm in Clackamas county. Thinking you are Washington county??? Could be wrong.
Country Kids 11:53 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Aren't you near me? We had 2 inches of snow overnight. I'm in Clackamas county. Thinking you are Washington county??? Could be wrong.
No, I'm more south. Can you believe how much snow that Lane County got!!! Seven inches was the grand total I believe. I so wish that could have been us.
Sugar Magnolia 12:01 PM 03-22-2012
Gorgeous! Sunny, upper 70's, sea breeze, just awesome. I love you Florida. (I will not be singing this tune in August when it is 95 at sundown, 100% humidity and those sea breezes bring rain every single day at 3pm) .
Country Kids 09:20 AM 03-29-2012
Another lovely day in the neighborhood! Stormy weather forcasted with tons of rain, very high winds (60 miles an hour in places). Also, blizzard warnings in the mountains.

This is why we crave sunshine here so much and get very depressed when we get nice weather for only like 3-4 months-
kayla 09:25 AM 03-29-2012
It rained where I live, it's still rain but my mom said it snowed where she works for like a milli second... lol I dont mind the rain, I really like thunder storms... I just dont want it to snow again, It has been so nice i'd like to keep it that way...
Blackcat31 09:26 AM 03-29-2012
SNOW!!!

.....last week, I was wearing sandals!
Breezy 09:28 AM 03-29-2012
83 and suuuuuunnnnnyyyyyy
GrannyJ 09:30 AM 03-29-2012
Today it is going to be 72 degrees tomorrow 75. We are going to plant our garden today.
MizzCheryl 09:38 AM 03-29-2012
76 and breezy with gusts of wind up to 23 mph
kayla 09:41 AM 03-29-2012
lol blackcat tell me about it... my mom works in cass lake... so just a heads up lol... she said its not anymore but it did for a little bit...
Blackcat31 10:43 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
lol blackcat tell me about it... my mom works in cass lake... so just a heads up lol... she said its not anymore but it did for a little bit...
yeah, it is actually accumulating on the ground right now!!!

Hey, Mother Nature?!!? What did I do to you? I do not complain about winter, I deal with the heat and humidity and I keep my little corner of the planet nice and tidy so why oh why are you doing this to meeeeeeee? (insert a little whine at the end of that word for good measure...) Seriously, WTH?
mema 11:25 AM 03-29-2012
Soooo sorry for the snow It is only March tho. Wish I could send some of this sun to ya
It is 54 and sunny here
Another park visit this afternoon
Blackcat31 11:31 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by mema:
Soooo sorry for the snow It is only March tho. Wish I could send some of this sun to ya
It is 54 and sunny here
Another park visit this afternoon

Michael 11:37 AM 03-29-2012
I just took this picture from my backyard. It is sunny but hazy. 66 degrees.

makap 11:59 AM 03-29-2012
Sunny and beautiful looking but chilly. -2 C or 27 F
Last week it was in the 70s

Oh well this is very nice compared to January and February when it was in the -30 - 40s
Tags:weather
Reply Up